Hepatitis C Community
GS-US-337-0109

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

GS-US-337-0109

Sofosbuvir/GS-5885 fixed dose.  I'm in 24week no riba ARM.  Anyone else out there?  Was looking for reports on any side effects?  Only thing I saw was if one was offered this trail to absolutely go for it, so I have.
I'm on sofosbuvir/5885, no riba 24 week arm. You will be very, very happy you got in this trial. Side effects are VERY minimal. I just finished my 12 weeks. When did you start the trial?
Hi there. Just finished my 6th week (of 12 weeks) on Sofosbuvir/GS-5885 fixed dose WITH ribavirin. no side effects to speak of. Nothing like the side effects of interferon (3 prior failed attempts). UND at week 4 blood draw....and my first time to go UND. Never reached it on the 3 previous attempts. Good Luck :)
The possible side effect are listed in the trial paper work you signed to join the trial.

Good luck.
Hector
Great news! Good luck to you.
Spouse of a study participant here and a thrilled one, at that. My husband is on the same treatment you are and this is his first week. We're thrilled...cautiously optimistic...and all that. Compared to the previous two treatment regimens, this one is CAKE. Prayers and crossed fingers for all of us!
Does anyone on these new all oral drugs feel better? I know some are in early stages. i am very curious. Has  anybody noticed a difference in how they feel compared to before they started these new drugs?            
Thank you.
I participated in the Vertex-500 trial. Did not get the Vertex drug only the SOC arm.  The trial did list possible side effects as does this new trial ,  I got so many more side effects than listed on the trial information.Without the help of everyone on this forum I don't think I would have gotten through.  Advice given about getting ear plugs for my extreme tinnitus and compression hose for the Petechiae rash to Allegra/Zantac for the hives and so many other tips not mentioned by the Doctors.  It's so nice to hear this is going to be a cake walk in comparison to interferon.  If any irregular events happen I will share here.  I so appreciated this forum during my last treatment. and will report in and follow  during my new treatment.  We are here helping each other.  Thanks to everyone.
Glad to meet someone 12 weeks into treatment and doing fine.  So happy for you.  I took first pill yesterday. Stay in touch with your progress.  Thanks so much!
keep us posted on how you're doing.
It's tree pollen allergy season so I'm having bad allergies.  Wake up with headache.  Besides my Allegra, I took Benadryl last night, no headache this morning.  Is the 7977/5885 causing me to be worse?...this season seems to be a bad one, and I think it's not the HCV drugs.
A little digestive side effect seems to be gas, embarrassing . Thank heavens I have my own office at work. I've just started to take pill early when I first get up with no food for a least 2hrs. Worked yesterday and today so far.   Feeling fine with energy but I've only taken 10 pills. I'm doing great!
I'm sure the headaches aren't from the drugs. I take my pill with food. Whatever works. I was told with or without. Just had this conversation (gas) on another forum and had a good laugh over it.