Gamma GT
zo
I am in the end of my two years of treatment with interferon pegylated,missing two months to finish.
The virus is no more detetected and the antidepressants I take help me to bear this treatment.
But I am worried because of the Gamma GT,which has been suddenly very high (282) ultimately ,even if it was quite normal until now.
I made an abdominal echography,and everything seems OK.
May it be the treatment the reason for this sudden increase?
Is anything I can do?
Instead of doing one injection everyweek,must I increase the waiting period between two injections in 8 or 9 days?
Thank you very much for help

GGT by itself, without any other Liver Function Tests, isn't a good indicator of any abnormalities. GGT is usually high in pregnant females or testicular cancer patients but in  HCV patients a increased # is of no importance.
Your PCR tests are of far greater significance.....& I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
BTW, don't change your Tx dosage without consulting your Dr.

Good luck all,
Ben
zo
Thank you Dragon Slayer  for your encouraging post.
I am not pregnant,don't drink alcohol, and my liver functions (with the treatment) are good.Phosphatases alcalines and uree are also normais.

I have also seen that drugs can increase the GammaGT,but I cannot remove the Tylenol(two of 500mg a day) ,neither the antidepressants ,or the sleeping drugs I am taking ,otherwise I cannot tolerate this treatment!
maybe it is excess of remedies!
I am only worried because it was a very sudden big increase;inclusive I made again in another laboratory to confirm this increase,and it was confirmed.
If anyone knows how I can decrease this GammaGT,I will be very grateful
Thank you again for help