Good News Finally!
Last night at 1am my mom called - which was weird, her calling so late - turned out she was right outside my front door, she'd come to see me - and she must have jinxed me in a good way,

Today we went to get a cbc done for me and the girl came back into the room (the lab tech) and could hardly wait to tell me that my hgb 11!  The tech was almost more excited about than we were.

She was telling my mom (as if my mom didn't know, it was kind of funny) about how low my hgb had been and how it was higher than it had been in three or four months.

Since I only took the steroids at half dose for three days I have to think it was the gammaglobulin they gave me IV in the hospital that did the trick because that's the only thing different I've done.  I'm seeing the hematologist Monday so I'm going to see if he can schedule me for routine transfusions of it if it keeps working and doesn't bust my UND.
That was funny that your mother did that. What a nice surprise.
Hemo is looking great!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Good luck on Monday.

MO
What a surprise, way to go Mom!  You are very lucky to have such a caring Mother.  Congrats on your Hemo count :-)  You should be feeling A LOT better with it being in the norm.

Good luck to you on Monday,

TV
Yea, for Mom's! How cool of your Mom to 'pop' in on you like that! With your hgb 'normal' maybe you girls can get out for some lunch and some window shopping. Hope the weather is good for you.
Thanks all.  It's been good.  I've been able to be up and around all weekend with only a couple of naps.  It's really been wonderful.  I can't BELIEVE how much difference it makes having this type of blood count.

My mom has to leave tomorrow which is kind of sad, but you know, what are you gonna do?  Hopefully I can keep my count up and it will allow ME to travel more.

I am going to go ahead and do the consult with Dr. Gish anyway.  My family has urged me to do it now while I feel good so that I will have a backup plan if my anemia returns.
whew, so glad to hear something good for you finally!!!

yes, you of all people should still try to get Gish or someone like him involved. I still think an hemo/oncologist should be on board just because they are more familiar with anemias...... It would be lovely to find out what caused the change....
hopefully it was all the prayers and the gamagobulin, which would work out better for you than the steroids one might think.
I do have a hematologist/oncologist in addition to my hep doctor.  And I see him once a week lately.  At the beginning of my tx I was naive enough to think I'd get away with seeing him once a month, and then I've had such a difficult time with my blood count that we've ended up either seeing each other by appointment or in the hospital every week.

He was the one who prescribed the gamma globulin IV for me.  But still, he only has three hep c patients, and of them, I am the only one who is actively treating right now.  He sees the other two because they have cancer.  But, its not like it gets any better here, because there simply AREN'T any hematologists with oodles of treating HCV patients here, or hepatologists for that matter.  Still though, he is diligent - the hematologist.  I have NEVER received a call from his nurse.  Not one time.  He calls me HIMSELF every single time about my bloodwork and test results and medications he wants me to try.  And he did a lot of reading about HCV and the medications when I first came on board.

But I  going to go ahead with the expert consult so I can get answers to all of my questions from someone with experience in case I have further red blood cell count issues.

I was thinking... besides gamma globulin, they DID also give me a shot of neupogen before I left the hospital and its the first one I've ever had.  I know that's for the white blood cell lines but I wonder if it can benefit the cell lines overall?