Hepatitis C Community
Great news for me to be Thankful
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Great news for me to be Thankful

I will be taking my week 6 dose over this weekend. Sides haven't been too bad, but increasing. My VL Pre TX was 2,148,480. I just got my week 4 VL results --- <615.  does this mean UND at week 4?
Related Discussions
16 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes, congratulations! What a great Thanksgiving gift.
Blank
173975_tn?1216261375
That's fantastic!

The test your Dr. used is not quite as up-to-date as more recent ones that go down to <10 and even <2, but your Vl dropped almost 4 log in a month.

Congrats to you.

wyntre
Blank
Congratulations!! What is your gnome type?
Blank
The predicitve power of the UND with the test used is about 50% for SVR. If they would have used the most sensitive test your predicted chances for SVR would now be 90%.
Blank
had a diet comment in the other "thanksgiving" thread, somwhere after the stuffing and pie.
Blank
Something happened to the thanksgiving thread - the lines spread hugely to the right- hard to read. Need to read carefully, this contains delicate metabolic considerations, dont want to comment superficially.
Blank
I will try and copy and paste to this thread...
Blank
Prior to treating, I tried several diets.

The Zone-type diet, which seems similar to what you advocate balances out protein, fat and carbs in a 30, 30, 40 ratio. The carbs are all low on the glycemic index, not allowing starches, etc, except in very small quantities.  The good carbs are most fructose based, a la fruits.

THe other diet was the Pritrikin diet which was basically a very low fat diet -- under 10 per cent of total calories. And while they didnt allow simple sugars, it ws rich in complex carbs, including starches, and basically with no limit.

On the Pritkin diet, my liver enzymes went into normal range for the first time ever and stayed there as long as I stuck to the diet`. `````Total cholesterol also dropped drmatically althugh hdl ``fell a bit and tri``s increased.

On the other hand, the Zone diet incresed my enzymes even from baseline abnormal . CHolesterol dropped from baseline but not as much as from the Pritkin. I also noticed a difficulty in concentrating on the zone diet which I attributed to lack of carbs which are known to fuel the brain.

I do think the Zone is probbly better than the :Thanksgiving diet -- but I also think in the context of a very low fat diet with very few simple sugars -- that a diet rich in starches such as Pritkin is worth considering. As to the low HDL on Pritkin, some very early studies of New Guinea natives showed that when TC was below ``140````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` -- as mine was
Blank
sorry about that. seems the reason the thread stretched was because Im having keyboard problems.
Blank
I'll make another attempt to copy to notepad and then post to a new thread, if my keyboard holds up. intermittent problem with keyboard going bonkers
Blank
315996_tn?1321809719
The reason the screen expanded to the right is that there was no break point in your "word" that was made up of single quotes. The browser "brain" needs to have a break between letters in order to "wrap".

----------------------------------------ifIkeptgoingwithoutanyspacesinthiswordittoowouldspreadthethreadtotheright but istuckabreakinthereandnowitwrapsandformsanewline hey thereitwrapsagainaslongasthereisaspaceonceandawilewhichmightnothappenifoneofyourkeyboard keysgetsstuckheppythanksgiving!
Blank
the 'single quotes' are being auto generated by ``m`y keyboar`d without my input.
Blank
315996_tn?1321809719
stuck key
poke around and try to lift it, or take the keyboard and shake it really hard, or wake the cat up that has his paw on the key

heppy thanksgiving!
Blank
actually physically yanked the suspect keys off the keyboard but that didn't help. i think it's possessed.
Blank
315996_tn?1321809719
aha! Gremlin!
Blank
Congratulations!!!!! Very happy for you!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...