Hepatitis C Community
HAV- IgG Positive what meas it?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HAV- IgG Positive what meas it?

I got my result from laboratory and my HAV- IgG gives positive, what meas that? that i have hepatitis? and what kind of treatment i should get or have? i need some advise. thanks!!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
it means your immune system came into contact with either Hepatitis A virus or the Hep A vaccine, and that you have some antibody protection against Hepatitis A.

If it is sufficient protection to fight off a Hep A infection, i cannot tell (ask a doctor). Perhaps also consider getting protection against Hep B as well, if not already done so.

(And of course, begin protected against one or two hepatitis virus types does not make you immune against other viruses such as hepatitis C)
Blank
typo: begin -> being
Blank
thanks some much for the coments, i will ask a doctor about it and see what he says,
Blank
Sometime, Last July 20,2011.. I go to a laboratory room to have my hepa A test. I already recieved my result last July 21 and it results HAV IgG Positive. I will apply for a job , can this be a reason that my employer will not hire me? Is this case harmful? is this HAV IgG positive is an advantage?

Help me.. I dont know what case it is..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank