HCV vs HBV (or dna vs rna) autoclave
20+ years ago acupuncturists still used reusable needles. The haircut thread below brought to mind a question I've been meaning to ask: Acupuncture schools used to teach their students to 'autoclave' their reusables using temperature and pressure maintained over a period of time, with the final step being a rapid drop in pressure to 'burst the walls' of the virus. I may be explaining this poorly as it was a third hand explanation remembered from a long time ago. The concern then was HBV and nowadays everyone uses disposables.
My question is, will the same techniques that will kill a DNA virus kill an RNA virus?
So, Rev let me get this straight, you beleive that a natural substance ( POT) can add to fibrosis but a green tea extract(natural substance ) can't reverse it?  Moron!
I never said anything positive about colloidal silver, or do you literally want to sell me a bridge?
Old man go to bed!  Your old a** isn't making a shread of sense!
hope youre seeing twinkling little stars tonight with a good glass of fizzy juice...with no sides...what a calm temprement you have, even with those drugs...
I extent an olive branch to you.  I must clarify though that I didn't bring up the colloidial silver issue.  I know it doesn't cure but is used in hospitals for burn victims.  By the way, nice sparring.
Hehehe! Oh, I see stars alright! I have too many kids around and taught middle school, so I had to learn how to calm down. Sometimes it takes the ol' walk out of the room count to ten routine, that's for sure! On tx when that riba rage hits me watch out! That pitchfork may be in your back!

The sx's didnt' hit me until day 5 (today). Several hours later and I am okay. It did turn out to be a nice day here on the pharm...
There was a thread on reusable instruments yesterday or the day before. It's pretty interesting. It is disgusting how many instruments ARE re-used, even now. Cheddarhead started the thread...
Your a funny dude and pretty witty I may add.
You are the voice of everyone now?  Your basically saying that alternative points of view will not be excepted here.  Am I correct?
ya know, I just gotta say, someone gave me a bottle of that collodial silver years back, and I thought, what the hay, it's a full moon, I'm sure it's kinda stupid, but I'll be stupid and give it a try...it was so weird, it kinda gurgled all the way down, and it felt like a little anvil in my entrails (or so I thought in my feverish little mind) and my elimination! that deserves a whole new thread on it's own, but I won't subject you to that!

I wish that the more legitimate forms of herbal and supplemental therapies wouldn't always get lumped in with the collodial silvers of the world, but it ain't my world...or so I was told...and once again, nothing eliminates the virus cept our ole friend Riba Macintire, a...Interferon..

To Rev: an old member here who is a friend of yours told me to tell you to look up Misha Cohen's book (she's a very highly respected TCM expert and even works with Dr. Gish, of SF, a prominent hepatologist)...she even speaks about our dear friend in glowing terms in the forward...she said give it a looksee if you'd like...

have you ever tried Yoga? so relaxing...I do it after my meditation...takes away the blue meanies like nothin else! be well...

"Well then, here we are! This is me, Pete, on a farm. Yes.

The farm is, well, a farm. To be honest, I'm not sure how best to describe it......"

Okay, we have a farm here with some bucking stallions.......

Go back to your own stalls and leave it alone. St. George; I know you are trying to make a point, but name calling won't be tolerated here, to anyone.

Alternative medicine can be a real sore point with some here. Many feel it is not proven effective and sometimes has proven harmful. So most of us listen to Dr's, not the sales pitches on the sides of our forum. There are a lot of issues that raise hackles here, and this is one. Agree to disagree....go get your pitch fork and stab the hay bales. We've had enough already!
No problem on the hijack. I probably should have posted it on a patient-doctor forum or somewhere where they actually use autoclaves/reusable implements ;-)
Not sure if you are talking to me, but I think you SHOULD keep talking about alternative medicines. Green tea is a great example. All I am suggesting is that some of these topics will get a rise outta some, so be prepared! Personally, I don't know much about them and would like to. I have used chinese medicine in the past and it helped (not with Hep C though).

Lot's of people enjoy the natural foods, supplements etc. Some of us come here to figure out if they are suggested by medical doctors. Most doctors don't approve many of these alt. meds, but what's wrong with green tea? Nothing, it sounds like there may be something to it, as coffee.
Researcher: I would recommend in the face of the seriousness of these issues to stay perfectly calm and analyze arguments. People in a caved in underground tunnel should calmly dig, never fight and waste no air. But of course, if the direction of digging is not clear...

what an insightful aphorist you are Mr. Researcher! I've been wasting a ton of air lately...something I'm going to work on...most I can attribute it to is the heebie jeebies you get before you start to do treatment...Like Alfred E. Newman used to say, bleh!!!
what techniques are you talking about?  accupuncture techniques?  they kill DNA virus?  your question is not clear...

never heard of accupuncture killing any viruses.
I was asking whether the same sterilization techniques that kill HBV on reusable medical equipment will also kill HCV. The mention of acupuncture needles was just an example I was familiar with.
I think they do, (sterelize the same)

or at least I hope so.