Hepatitis C Community
HCV Elisa Negative

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV Elisa Negative

AOA,

I was infected wiht HCV with gentype 3a. After stduing a lot I come to know that it is easy to cure. After consultation with my doctor i start treatment with Unifron and Riba1000. After 18 weeks it become negative. I completed my couruse with 24 weeks of medicine. I got test of PCR RNA Qualitative and it is negative. But when it Got tested of Elisa for HCV it is positive again and PCR RNA Qualitiative is negative.  I tested again after 8 months of completion of my medicine course my Elisa is positive again but PCR RNA qualitatie is negative. Is there is any treatment so that my Elisa should become negative at any time.
Tags: HCV
You will always be positive for HCV antibodies even though you no longer have the virus and there is nothing you can do make them go away.  Antibodies aren't contagious and don't cause hepc infection.

Don't understand why you would keep having an Elisa test.  Elisa is used to detect antibodies and you will always show positive so you're wasting your time and your money.  Your HCV RNA by PCR is negative, that really all you need to be concerned with.

Trinity