HCV GENOTYPE test results
My 4th test this one for HCV GENOTYPE results:
HCV GENOTYPE 1a
reference range: Undetected

what does that mean? cleared virus?
Sorry, same answer as to your other post: "reference range: Undetected" means the the reference range (the results in a healthy, uninfected individual) should be undetected. It does not mean that yours are undetected. The fact that this test even lists HCV GENOTYPE 1a indicates you are positive for the virus. They wouldn't be able to name the genotype if they hadn't found any virus. Your other post showed a larger selection of the results and the viral load. This is quite clear to those of us who have been seeing these results for years. I'm really sorry to trample on your hopes this way, but its best to know the truth because its the only way you can start to deal with it.
If the Genotype test can determine a Genotype, then you have Hepatitis C.

The reference range is just telling you what it should be.

The Genotype test is telling you the Genotype of the Hepatitis C. The test is telling you that you have Hep C Genotype 1a.

If you did not have Hep C, then the test would not be able to find a Genotype. It the test can determine a Genotype, then you have Hepatitis C.

I am sorry to hear you have Hep C. Your next step is to find a competent, knowledgeable, and experienced Hepatologist, preferably one who is affiliated with a large medical center. That doctor will probably order a liver biopsy and probably some other blood tests depending on your situation.

If you let us know which large city you are near, someone may be able to give you the name of an experienced and competent Hepatologist.

Also, if you go to my last post in your other thread, I posted some information about your labs.
Hi I am very sorry that you have HCV.  I know it can be a shock.  When I was diagnosed I was in complete denial.  I just knew there was no way I could have gotten it but it was similar to the stages of grieving.  First total disbelief, then bargaining, etc
It took a long time for me to believe I had it.
I thought, back then, that I knew alot about HCV. I did not know anything.
Once I accepted (also part of grieving) the fact that I did have it I started looking on line for every bit of information I could find
I cam here, joined the forum and was lucky enough to meet all these wonderful people who were more than willing to share their knowledge with me.
As time goes on and you accept the fact that you have it you can do the research, talk to you doctor etc.  I am a little surprised that you have had 4 tests but have not spoken to your doctor yet.
In my state, we can not get our blood work unless the doctor authorizes.

Pooh, Id, Cean and others have given you excellent advice on on your other posts.
Good luck, my best to you

Again I am very sorry for your diagnosis and the death of your husband.
Look how the term "reference range" is used in the second set of lab results on your first post. If the spacing were not crammed together you could see the term "reference range" used in context on a lab test.

The first one you put:
AST 41iu/l (h) reference range 5-37 iu/l

1. AST (the enzyme aspartate aminotransferase)
2. Your result is 41
3. iu/l means International Units per Liter
4. (h) means high
5. the reference range (5 - 37)

Your result was considered high since 41 is above 37 the highest parameter of reference interval.

_______________________

On the HCV test your viral load was 3980000. The reference range on the test you took was undetected. That means no viral load value would appear at all.