Hepatitis C Community
HCV Liver Fibrosis GenotypR test

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV Liver Fibrosis GenotypR test

Did anyone try this test?

#6810 HCV Liver Fibrosis GenotypR

The first genomic clinical test to predict progression to liver fibrosis or cirrhosis for Hepatitis C Virus patients. It provides physicians and patients the information they need to select the most appropriate course of therapy.

http://www.specialtylabs.com/spotlight/liver_fibrosis.asp
yes i had the test. this $500 test is worthless if you ask me. all that money for the results to tell someone that they have a 50/50 (my result) chance developing cirrhosis in patients after an average of 25 yrs of infection. almost the same info you can get from the CDC website statistics.  you are better off seeing what your damage (if any) you have at this time. NOTHING but God can predict how this disease will progress.
If you look at the bottom of the page you will see a link to Clinical Care Options. At clinical care there is a chart that will help explain when this test is useful. My take on it is that if  someone is stage 0 or 1 it may help to determine if they can wait to treat. If stage 2 or higher they treat anyway so the test is of little value if the biopsy show higher stages

Rock
Thanks!