Hepatitis C Community
HCV RNA detected on new anti-HCV test

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV RNA detected on new anti-HCV test

I have been cleared of hepatitis c for two years.  When I went in and got a copy of my blood work it says: IU HCV: < 43 not detected
LOG HCV: <1.63 not detected
and this one  HCVcOM:  see note
Please note: the guidelines for the use of new anti-HCV therapies (boceprevir and telaprevir) recommend using a test method that detects plasma viral nucleic acid levels as low as 10 IU/mL.  This assay has a lower limit of detection of 7.1 IU/mL for genotype 1 and conforms to the recommendation.  Quantitation of plasma HCV nucleic acid levels below 43 IU/mL (the lower limit of Quantitation for this test) may not be linear, and in this circumstance are reported as "<43 IU/mL HCV RNA Detected".  This test was performed using the COBAS (R) AmpliPrep/ COBAS(R) TagMan(R) HCV Test Kit.

Then on the next page it says we were unable to obtain a genotype from this sample.

I tried looking it up and it says this type of test is not used to determine if someone has the virus or not.  I am confused.  I don't see the dr. when I get my results a nurse just gave me the paperwork and said I was still cleared.  Can anyone tell me why it says hcv rna detected?  The nurse said even after you have cleared the virus there will still be a trace in your blood.  Thank you in advance!!
copy of my blood work it says: IU HCV: < 43 not detected
LOG HCV: <1.63 not detected
---------------------------------------
The above is your resul

-------------------------------------------------

This is the general guidelines of the test   & there was no genotype found becuse you have "no"virus.

Congrats on your SVr...

Will

Thank you!!  These tests are so confusing and hard to read!!  I appreciate you taking the time to respond!!!
Have to agree with Will.  The wording that you reported says that you're und.  
JesusSon added the Complete Blood Count Tracker
30 mins ago
JesusSon added the Hepatitis C Tracker
40 mins ago
clean_in_ks commented on photo
50 mins ago
Track your weight over time