HCV RNA detected on new anti-HCV test
I have been cleared of hepatitis c for two years.  When I went in and got a copy of my blood work it says: IU HCV: < 43 not detected
LOG HCV: <1.63 not detected
and this one  HCVcOM:  see note
Please note: the guidelines for the use of new anti-HCV therapies (boceprevir and telaprevir) recommend using a test method that detects plasma viral nucleic acid levels as low as 10 IU/mL.  This assay has a lower limit of detection of 7.1 IU/mL for genotype 1 and conforms to the recommendation.  Quantitation of plasma HCV nucleic acid levels below 43 IU/mL (the lower limit of Quantitation for this test) may not be linear, and in this circumstance are reported as "<43 IU/mL HCV RNA Detected".  This test was performed using the COBAS (R) AmpliPrep/ COBAS(R) TagMan(R) HCV Test Kit.

Then on the next page it says we were unable to obtain a genotype from this sample.

I tried looking it up and it says this type of test is not used to determine if someone has the virus or not.  I am confused.  I don't see the dr. when I get my results a nurse just gave me the paperwork and said I was still cleared.  Can anyone tell me why it says hcv rna detected?  The nurse said even after you have cleared the virus there will still be a trace in your blood.  Thank you in advance!!
copy of my blood work it says: IU HCV: < 43 not detected
LOG HCV: <1.63 not detected
---------------------------------------
The above is your resul

-------------------------------------------------

This is the general guidelines of the test   & there was no genotype found becuse you have "no"virus.

Congrats on your SVr...

Will

Thank you!!  These tests are so confusing and hard to read!!  I appreciate you taking the time to respond!!!
Have to agree with Will.  The wording that you reported says that you're und.