Hepatitis C Community
HCV TESTS

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV TESTS

My HCV  RNA is twisely NEGATIVE before 1 year  ago. yesterday i was test my normal HCV antibody test. the result is POSITIVE.
NOW WAHT I WILL DO IN FUTURE.
WITH THANKS
Apparently sometime between your last test and this one, you got infected. Now you need to have a blood test that finds out your genotype and viral load. There's more after that, but you need to go one step at a time.

Good Luck!
Diane

Hi there...Why are you having HCV tests on a regular basis. Were you infected with the virus previously and treated. If you were infected at one time your anti-body test will always show positive. Or if you have not been infected it could possibly be a false positive.

If you could give some more info. it would be helpful to answer your question

Will
The way I read gujj's post is that he is viral count negative (twice) but antibody positive. It's not unusual in that your were exposed to the virus at one point but DO NOT have HCV infection.  However, it's likely that you will stay antibody positive each time it's tested.  It's nothing to worry about.

If you had no exposure since the last neg pcr one year ago and now, you have

antibody from the previous  infection.  Clearing the virus does not mean clearing the

antibody.

You will keep the antibody for a LONG time, maybe the rest of your life.  Some people

are lucky enough to clear the antibody after a few decades.

clearing the virus does NOT give you immunity from another infection, unfortunately.

Hep C is stubborn 'MOFO.'  

You're right.... I didn't read that well.... brain damage strikes again.

Diane