Hepatitis C Community
HCV and HIV Coinfection and Testing

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV and HIV Coinfection and Testing

Are my test results conclusive or should I continue testing for both HIV and HCV

I had a 9 week duo HIV test that came back negative for HIV, along with a 15 week negative antibody test
I had a 11 week Hep Panel that came back negative and then a 12 week HCV PCR-RNA that was also negative

My concern with HCV is that am I between the antibody/PCR window of testing. I know that the antibody test is not conclusive until after 26 weeks. I also know that the PCR can pick up the virus as early as 2-3 weeks. In other words is it too soon for anti and to late for PCR.

My biggest concern with HIV is if I do have HCV, would that keep the PCR-RNA from finding the HIV virus at 9 weeks.

I ask these questions because my symptoms just seem to keep piling up below is the list of current symptoms.

Difficulty Breathing
Chest and Abdominal Pain
Burning Stomach
Upper Back Paresthesia
Easily winded
Headaches
Night/Day Sweats
Mouth Sores
Sore Throat
Folliculitis

Please let me know if I can consider any of my testing conclusive. I am trying really hard to move on.
"12 week HCV PCR-RNA that was also negative"

That test was conclusive, you don't have HCV or need anymore HCV testing

For your HIV concerns follow the link, but I get the feeling you already know where it is

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV-Prevention/show/79