HCV diagnosis
zui
Reading different threads over the blog , its very informative. I was diagnosed with HCV possitive and viral load was 45000 ui/ml. then the doctor advised me to use peg interferon. I am having the vaccine and completed 19 week treatment with ribavirin, 5 weaks still to go.  I have to question if anyone knows and let me help. Firstly is I feel very stressed and kind of fatigue, my thoughts are growing more and more negative and feel very upset always since started this medication..even sometime I am thinking of suicide and feeling helplessness. ARE THESE NORMAL SIDE EFFECTS OF THE peg inf + ribav OR SPECIAL CASE WITH ME ?
Secondly after this treatment WHAT ARE THE CHANCES WITH THIS VIRAL LOAD 45000 UI/ML that all my HCV tests will be cleared. I will go through three different tests anti HCV , ELISA and PCR ...plz share me your experience.
thank you in advance
Your symptoms are normal. You should have your doctor address the suicidal thoughts however. Your viral load MUST be down to "undetectable" levels by 6 months or you are not responding. Good luck. The treatment is no picnic, that's for sure!
Most of the side effects that you list are also listed in the information material that comes with the drug or its on the website for that drug.

Even knowing some of the side effects of a potential treatment creates a dilemma for some...but if you are successful on the treatment and can clear the HCV then it is to your benefits.

As for the side effects, talk to your doctor or trial coordinator re your side effects.  The can give you something for the depression/negativity.  It is important to keep your doctor in the loop as stated above this and any trial may or may not cause side effects and problems.  Each person is an individual and how they respond to these trials and drugs will be their own responses.  This site is good to find out how others have dealt with the drugs but you may never get some of their side effects.  

Think of the positives...if this works for you, you will not be in the same boat as some of us are who are non-responders.  Stress, fatigue and negative feelings are all manageable.  
"Secondly after this treatment WHAT ARE THE CHANCES WITH THIS VIRAL LOAD 45000 UI/ML that all my HCV tests will be cleared. "

That is a very low baseline viral load. You should of been tested for your viral load at 4 weeks to see how your are responding to the medications. I see your from Pakistan and you only mentioned interferon, not triple therapy so I'm going to take a wild guess that you may be a genotype 3? Genotype 3 is the prevalent genotype in Pakistan. Anyways, since your almost done with treatment, I guess its to late for the 4 and 12 week VL checks.  Your young and your baseline VL was very low. These are positive factors in your favor.

I experienced severe depression while on treatment. My doc game me an antidepressant to help. Maybe talk to your doc about how your feeling. Your almost done with treatment...hang in there!
zui
the second question I am worried about is can I get the ELISA test negative after completion of therapy....did anyone came with a negative test i.e elisa after treatment..
Your antibody test, the ELISA test, will always remain positive because you will always have the antibodies (but not the virus) in your bloodstream even after you have attained Sustained Viral Response (cure).

This is a normal response to being exposed to the disease. If we get vaccinations against diseases, we then carry antibodies to the diseases but we do not have the diseases. Similarly, if we are exposed to Hepatitis C, even after we are cured, we will still have the antibodies to Hepatitis C. One difference is that we are not immune to contracting Hepatitis C after we are cured. We can get Hepatitis C again if we are exposed to Hepatitis C in the future.
zui
thank you pooh..for your kind info...and thanx to the whole blog..
I did not mention this before because the others did mention it, but be sure to see your doctor and get help for the depression and suicidal thoughts. Depression is a common side effect of the Interferon and it can be very severe if not addressed and treated. So be sure to get help from your doctor right away if you have not already done so. Many of us here on the forum were on antidepressants throughout treatment.

Best of luck. Let us know how your tests come out. Here's wishing you sustained viralogic response (cure).