Hepatitis C Community
HCV

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

HCV

I just got my H panel 4 acute test result back. It says that
Hep A Ab, Igm            Negative
HBsAg Screen           Negative
Hep B Core Ab, Igm   Negative
Hep C Virus Ab           0.2                  Ref. Range   0.0 - 0.9  s/co ratio

what this mean? I do not have any symtoms (symptoms) of any kind. I just travel back from Asia and I took this test from a lab.
Please advise me?

Many thanks.
Andre
i would say you are negative for Hepatitis A, B and C.
probably you got insecured by  the "0.2" for Hep C, but as i interpret it, all that is <= 0.9 can be seen as negative, as in your case.

if you had a specific exposure for Hep C in recent time, you may want to repeat the test after 1/2 year to ensure body had time to respond, but you did not indicate anything like that.

from your labs it cannot be seen if you are vaccinated/immune against hep A and B (this would be the HAV IgG and HBs IgG antibody titers) or not.

if not, i would get a vaccine against Hep A and B to protect you in the future.

best wishes, Joachim
Andre, your test results are DEFINITELY neg for hep a/b/c.  The screening test for hep c measures antibodies other than those specific for Hcv.  That explains your .2 score.  I have a feeling you are wondering why that is not -0-.  Don't worry.  it is a NEG result.  Screening tests for hcv>1 are considered reactive but can be false reactive because of 'cross reaction' with other antibodies.

Don't worry.  This is a neg result for hep a/b/c.
Thank you Joachim and Jakied. I appreciate you. I am happy and not worry now.