HEPATITIS C ANTIBODIES
STILL WAITING FOR TEST RESULTS ON MY HEPATITIS C.  I HAD A 1.22 ON MY HEPATITIS C ANTIBODIES TEST.  THE NORM IS 1.00 OR LESS.  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE 1.22 IS A HIGH READING AS MY LAB RESULTS DID NOT STATE WHAT THE HIGH IS.
I thought this was answered in your earlier thread? or perhaps it was not clear? \
with the antibodies test, it does not matter what number it is, it has no significance, what is significant is whether the test is positive for antibodies or not. How long before the other test results are in?
REALLY DON'T KNOW WHEN TEST WILL BE COMPLETED.  I AM IN TEXAS AND RESULTS ARE COMING FROM MAIN LAB IN CALIFORNIA.  THE DOC TOLD ME I SHOULD KNOW YESTERDAY BUT THEY DID NOT COME IN.  I AM IN SUCH A PANIC ~ THE WAITING AND ANXIETY IS CAUSING ME TO STAY NEAR THE BATHROOM FOR FEAR OF..... SO I JUST HAVE TO WAIT I KNOW BUT SEEMS LIKE THEY WOULD HAVE A RANGE ON THE TEST RESULTS.
with my antibody test (RIBA assay) it just said 'repeatedly reactive', it did not matter any range as long as the antibodies were reacting with the testing substance.  WAITING is the worst part of this whole ordeal. the absolute worst.
call THEM up.
GUESS THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT I AM JUST SCARED.  THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN IS THE WORST.  IS TREATED FOR THIS TERRIBLE DISEASE ARE YOU EVER REALLY CURED AFTER RECEIVING TREATMENT?  EVEN IF TESTS SHOW YOU DON'T HAVE IT ANY MORE DO YOU STILL HAVE TO BE TESTED ON A REGULAR BASIS?
after tx, they test for up to two yrs in most cases, sometimes less, sometimes more. If you are negative after a yr, chances of relapse is almost nil. I, and many other hepatologists, use the word cure when SVR is achieved. Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Did they do a viral load test? a sensitve one, I hope?
NOT SURE WHAT TESTS THEY DID BUT TRUST THE DOCTOR HE IS DOING THE RIGHT ONES.  I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL A FEWS MONTHS BACK WITH ISCHEMIC COLITIS AND SAW A GASTRO/LIVER DOCTOR.  WHEN I WENT BACK TO SEE HIM ON FOLLOW UP HE NOTICED MY HANDS WERE COLD AND RED/PURPLE AT THE TIPS.  HE SENT ME TO AN ARTHRITIS DOCTOR WHO DID THE TEST FOR HEPATITIS C WITH REACTIVE ON THE ANTIBODIES.  ALL THIS IS JUST FOR FOREIGN TO ME.
The test takes a week to get back. For all of us.

Then you will know if you have it or not.
ANOTHER QUESTION.  DOES A POSITIVE ON A CARDIOLIPINS TEST HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HEPATITIS C?
KEEP HAVING THESE THOUGHTS.  IF YOU ARE POSITIVE WITH HEPATITIS C DO YOU FIND THAT PEOPLE TEND TO NOT WANT TO BE AROUND YOU.  IF OTHER WORDS IT IT BEST TO TO TELL OTHERS?
not sure about cardiolipins, but hopefully you are getting tested for cryoglobulins also. you could check
http://www.medadvocates.org/diseases/hcv/extrahepatic.html

to see if anything shows up there about the cardio thing.

as for telling, do what you feel is the best for you. I told no one but immediate family (daughters) and supervisor. as needed, I told a co worker and a close friend.  Now, I have told many more people and trying to educate them on hep c.

you are getting ahead of yourself again...
YEP, THAT'S ME! ALWAYS THINKING AHEAD.