Hepatitis C Community
HEPATITIS RESEARCHER more Alinia info needed please!!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I have a Dr's appt next week and would like to present my alinia treatment strategy to him.  I would like to know where I may find a hard copy of the info from the conference you attended and also the specific name of the conference for the docs reference.  Also, would it be prudent to stay on the Alinia for the entire 48 weeks ( at 500 mg 2x's daily) or just the first 3 months?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The presentation was titled " Interim data from a randomized controlled trial of Nitazoxanide-Peginterferon-Ribavirin, Nitazoxanide-Peginterferon and Peginteferon-Ribavirin in the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C Genotype 4." Abstract #178. at the annual AASLD conference in Boston.

Those patients stayed on the NTZ for the full duration of the treatment ( 48 weeks)
Hey, They did a 12 week lead w/ NTZ, then 36 wks Soc+NTZ. For the US trials they are talking 4wk NTZ first. Will that be a 40wk total or 48 (4ntz+44ntz+soc) or 4ntz+ 48ntz+soc. With all this RVR could mean shortened INF exposure I wonder if 4wk ntz+4wkntz+soc would = RVR and shorter treatment time??Man! It's enough to give ya a headache! jerry
Not so clear huh? 4wks NTZ, then 4wks NTZ+SOC and UND. Will that be considered RVR and bring the possibility of shortened treatment time? (my Hughes Sat. connection is running sooooo slowwwww tonite!) jm
http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/2007icr/aasld/docs/111307_d.html  
thanks for the link
Sure thing. That one was the best I've found so far. What I am really looking for is the RVR/EVR data. I know it must be out there somewhere. This link mentions it but gives no details. Wish I could find one of those charts one finds with most studies where all of the arms are side by side. BTW, nitazoxanide in Mexico is being offered at $2.66 per tab / Canada at $3.50 / here it runs more than $16 ea. I don't hink it is likely that your insurance co. will fund this "off label" treatment. jerry