HOW LONG DO YOU LIVE WITH END STAGE CIRROHIS
MY MOTHER IN LAW HAS END STAGE CIRROHIS.SHE STARTED WITH SWOLLEN ANKLES,ABDOMINAL SWELLING,LOSS OF APPETITE,UNABLE TO URINATE,BLOOD DISCOLORED URINE AND NOW LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT,AND CONTINUES,RESPITORY INFECTIONS,FORGETFULNESS,CONFUSSION,SLURED SPEECH AND VERY WEAK AND ALWAYS TIRED. THE DOCTORS TOLD HER SHE HAS CIRROHIS BUT WILL NOT TELL THE FAMILY EXACTLY HOW LONG SHE'S GOING TO LIVE. HOW DID THIS COME ONE SO FAST ANDHOW MUCH TIME WILL WE HAVE HER? SHE'S GETTING WORSE BY THE WEEK.DOCTORS SEEM TO BE KEEPING QUIET AND ALL THEY SAY IS THAT THEY ARE COMFORTING HER AND THAT'S ALL THEY CAN DO THERE'S NO CURE.DID ANY BODY HAVE SOMEONE THEY LOVE WITH THIS PROBLEM AND HOW LONG DID THEY LIVE?
I'm sorry to hear about her condition, is she on Hospice? If not be a good idea to get her in it, as far as anyone giving you an exact time frame no one will, but with the symptoms you describe she does'nt have that long without a transplant in her future. If she is not a candidate for transplant, Hospice will provide everything she needs to keep her comfortable at home and a nurse will monitor her. Other than that, sorry can't be more help.
sorry to hear this about your mother in law. how long has she known she had cirrohis? you wrote this happen fast, how fast did she progress to this end stage because i thought this is a very slow progressing disease? did she drink alcohol? did you inquier about a transplant? i will say a prayer for her.
i have most of your moms simptoms and others of my
oun 4 about 3 and a half years now maby five, im now called just stage 4 eny thing can happin15 years ago thay gave me 5years to live 10 years ago thay gave me 5 years every one is deferant i go back and forth  i was born to fight  but wen i die ther is no more pain for me!!!! the fear will be gon! the rest; is to each, ther own belifs,  the living are the only ones that  feal the pain, i hope wen my time comes peaple selabraet the  life i lived not morend my passing, levita2  im not very religas but the song amazing grace makes me feal better i hope it helps you  some day    keep fighting stay strong  nitramog  thats go martin
I forgot to mention my mother in law never drank alcohol..never..
My mother in law never had any symptoms.All her brothers and sister died with cirrohis and it came on so suddenly...She probably should have had it checked out sooner since it was genetic but she had it checked out after her symptoms. she lives overseas and it makes it hard for us and there is no hospice in Europe. As far as the liver transplant the doctors keep delaying things such as come back in 1 month. All I see is things getting worse by the day.All the doctors say is that the liver has stopped working,nothing else to do.

http://search.helpthehospices.org.uk/InterDirectorySearch.aspx

Hospices can be found everywhere.  Listen to coldfeet and have your mother in law contact the one nearest to her.  They will provide comfort and care.

I have no doubt your life will indeed be celebrated.  I am not profoundly religious either but "Amazing Grace" has never failed to move me.  Grace.  It's a beautiful word.  You wear it well.
wen you look at a star shine at night, that star probaly has been gon for millions  of years alredy,  and will still shine millions of years from now,just as the light of all we love.                               what part ove europe som parts have soshelized medasin thay get nurses insted of hospas i beleave
thank you for that email address ill pass it on to some other frends that can use it to
plb
my mom is really sick with liver desease and Ifeel shes not doing well and dont know what to expect she has been hospitalized with encephalopathy (hepatic) and became swollen and confused no doctors will give me answers can any one help with my questions?
My grandmother was just diagonosed with liver cancer. And she had Hepatitus too. But the liver is shutting down now so the kidney doesnt want to work know. Then she started forgetting our names and stuff like that because the poisned blood was getting to her brain from the liver shutting down. She has been giving signs of the end , like speaking about death and not eating. The doctor said it was time for her and she would know it. Right now shes in the hospital in the terminally ill isle which means a hall with no cure or near the end. My mom says we have a week left with her but it might even be less. She lived a great life though on March 14 she will be 79 and thats long living if you ask me only if it was longer. Whatever you do go with god and your gut. When your mother gets in that stage dont listen to anyone go with you and god. She might be scared about leaving but she will be so much better.  
My grandmother never drank achol either and she never smoked or anything like that.
She was very healthy she ate with little salt and little fat too. She was very very healthy thats why she lived soo long. But you know someday its going to happen to you mother but do wats best for you mom not you and everyone else. Goodluck and god bless her she will be on our prayers...
My sympathies to everyone here. My Grandmother doesn't have much longer to live, but isn't suffering from hepatitis. This is a bit tangential, but I'd like to offer my opinion. I believe those of us who are left behind bear the biggest burden of death. I firmly believe that those who pass on move to a much better place.
thank about this, just wait to we all go no more pain and the blind will ses and the deaf will hear, all eyes will see CHRIST when he comes back.. but if we go on our own term before that happens, its a great blessings and see all  sites have all the glory and all the heavenly things.. dont fear the other side is so much better.. just spend the best times with her her whatever contact u have with her being  over-seas.. just remember GOD doesnt put anymore on us then we can handle..I will pray for u and ur family.. all of us have a journey cut out just for us we are just a shell here on earth and we get new everything when we leave.. Have a great day.. Sandy..  
I SUGGEST YOU TAKE YOUR MOM TO HEPETALOGIST AND ASK ABOUT THE NEW MEDICINE AVAILABLE FOR HEPETITIS C AND SEE IF SHE CAN TAKE THAT MEDICINE I AM A PACIENT WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS AS YOUR MOM SO I KNOW SOMETHINGS ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.ASK THE DR IF SHE CAN TAKE PEGASIS WITH RIBIVIRIN AND THE NEW INCIVEK TELAPREVIR MEDICINE ALSO KNOWN AS VERTEX VX-950.GO LUCK I HOPE YOUR MOM INPROVES AND I HOPE I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL.TAKE CARE DONT GIVE UP HOPE
Hi all,
My husband has cirrhosis and his symptoms are jaundice to the point that the toxins come through his pores and all white washclothes are yellow, extremely tired, sleeps all the time, no strength, doesn't really want to eat much, slurred speech-sometimes we even think mini strokes, very confussed but this comes and goes. His blood amonia levels are 3+ times the normal count. Blood platlettes are at approx 50? Swollen abdomen, diarreha, urinates at least 40 times per day. Doctors don't say much at all, they call us with the counts and never mention appointments, etc. Can anyone advise were we are standing at this time?
Your question will get more responses if you go to the top of the page and use the orange post a question button, it will start a new thread, sounds like your husband is suffering from ESLD and should be seeing a good hepatologist or being treated at a transplnt center. There are many people here with much better advice than I can give, so try posting as a new thread. I wish you and your husband all the best.
My best friend john paul has cirrhosis. I never knew it was this bad. We r in a hospital now and he has kidney failure with 10 beingbworse case scenario.. dr says it is a 5. What stage is this and what can be done.? Can he be treated... he ain't even on a transplant list and to top it off he has lupus. What do I do?