Had hep c for 8 years now fatigue, pale stool and ruq discomfort?
Hi.

I am very worried I am in advanced liver disease. I contracted hep c 8 and a half years ago and for the last few months I haven't felt right. I haven't been able to eat the same foods as I used to. Liver area seems to inflame for a couple days if fatty foods are consumed or if I inhale toxic fumes/cigarettes (passive smoking). I've had to totally change my diet but recently within the last couple of days my stool has been very light and pale. Sometimes looking a bit yellow and other times very light brown. Always pale nonetheless in the last 6 or so bowel movements.

I do not have yellowing of the eyes or skin. Just fatigue, right upper quadrant discomfort that sometimes is felt in back near right shoulder blade and also a weird feeling/sensation on top of my right shoulder. When the upper quadrant feels inflamed it is also tender to the touch when pressure is applied.

Sometimes I have no energy at all. I really am worried my disease has progressed to a point where it is in the final stages.

I will be booking an appointment with my GP this week. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Only about 20% of people with hep c will develop cirrhosis after being infected for 20 years. So 80% will not in that time.

Hep c is a very slowly acting illness. I had hep c for over 37 years. I was followed closely by my liver specialist having liver biopsies every 5 years after I learned I had hep c which was probably after I had been infected by then for 11 years. I was eventually diagnosed with cirrhosis on my 4th liver biopsy after being infected for likely 30 years. That was over 9 years ago. I have not noticible symptoms except some lower leg swelling. All my other symptoms of cirrhosis show up on ultrasound or blood testing like my very low platelet count. By basically I feel fine.

I doubt what you are experiencing are liver related but it is good you are seeing your doctor. Are you aware of the new medicines that are curing about 98% of patients? Even folks like me who treated multiple times in the past with no success and with significant liver disease.

Your treatment could be as simple as 1 pill a day for 12 weeks and you can be cured depending on which treatment your doctor recommends for your situation. Also mstbpeople have a very easy time with treatment.

Get treated get cured. Good luck!
Gallstones maybe??
Yes, HepC is very easy to treat now and all you have to have is a doctor for your blood work and $1600 to get into a clinical trial approved by the fda.  To get more information, go to www.fixhepc.com or www.monkmed.com

I'm giving you this information only if you can't get treatment through your doctor.  Most doctors are prescribing and most insurance companies are paying for Harvoni or one of the others.  Please, get treatment and good luck!!