Had unprotected anal sex with hep C positive male, very worried...
Two days ago I had unprotected sex with a guy I know is hepatitis C positive.  He convinced me that there really wasn't any risk, he said his doctor told him it wasn't a concern.  I have been reading up on it and have found otherwise...

He was the bottom, which I've read is more dangerous.  I don't think I made him bleed at all and have no sores or wounds on my penis.  How much am I at risk?  If I was infected, how long would it be before it could be diagnosed, when should I see a doctor?  I am very worried, I feel like such an idiot for listening to him...
If there was blood that was transfered, even if you could not see it with the EYE then you at a Very high RISK...

GOD Bless

TonyZ
Take a look at the following web page:

http://janis7hepc.com/sex_and_hcv.htm

There is some interesting but conflicting info regarding unprotected gay sex from a study in San Francisco as well as Great Britain.

The risk of transmission for unprotected, conventional, straight sex between monogamous couples appears to be practically negligible. However, I believe that unprotected anal sex, regardless of sexual preference is considered high-risk behavior.

In a study that compared HIV vs. HCV transmission and IVDU, (I can
Anyine having unprotected sex in this day and age is not going to get tested now and only later when they are sick.  Right now, someone is indulging in the "Sunday morning come down."

And I'm tired of these lewd postings about nothing!  I don't care about the slimy details and maybe the posts should be screened alittle.

the medical profession is full of enough bs w/o importing more!
My my,

Woke up a little cranky, this morning, did we? I find your comment above thought provoking, to say the least. I  actually have many issues that  I

I agree with you on a couple of your options

God Bless

TonyZ
In a thread below, she offers encouragement to another scared newbie by calling HCV an "incurable" disease.  I do, however, like her suggestion about screening posts.  Perhaps we can screen out  "diplomatically-challenged" posters like her.

See what smoking too much weed will do to you?

Susan
Thanks so much for your support on this. I was afraid no one would touch this with a ten-foot pole. I apologize to this forum for my knee-jerk reaction, however, I made an attempt to check myself and stay within the boundries. I honestly had much more to contribute, however, this is not the place for it.

Have a great afternoon,

Bill
No need to apologize.  Your comments were well within the bounds of propriety (and dead-on accurate).

Hope you're doing well, Bill.  I'm glad you joined us on this forum.

Susan
My unprofessional opinion is that yor chances of contacting hep c from the single encounter you describe is slim to none. Having said that, go get tested at some point to ease your mind, check out anything else you might have picked up in the past, and try and be careful from now on. Unprotected sex, especially unprotected anal sex carries risks. End of lecture.
Those are true words of comfort, Scott: Elegently put.
Good man -good advice. frank
You knew the guy was hep c positive????  If this is indeed a legit thread,,,,,you must be super naive to believe someone and not protect yourself.  You definitely need to educate yourself before leaving your house,,,,AIDS is out there also and many other diseases that you should beware of.
Well said. Who are any of us to decide what questions a person may ask (and like any of us never did anything wrong or stupid! Ha!)
Playnine. It seems you realize unprotected sex is just plain stupid regardless of your sexual orientaion. It doesn't matter what anyone tells you. If they don't tell you anything at all that does not mean they don't have something known or unknown to them. This applies to all sexes. I hope you make a habit of protecting yourself from now on regardless of what a person says they may or may not have. Getting tested will releive your worries. It's not a  big deal to get it done so just do it and it's easy and painless. LL
Your question was not at all out of line...there are no "inappropriate" questions as everyone's experiences in life takes them down different roads....it is what makes the human experience so rich.  There is no place for judgemnt in this forum.  Every question is legitimate.

I'm sorry you are so worried.  I completely agree with jmjm530 as you should get tested....for Hep C, HIV as well as a panel of other STD's.  Your chances of transmission are very very slim but better know now and don't let anyone "talk you into" anything again ....listen to your inner self when it comes to taking risks.  If you have come in contact with Hep C your doctor will monitor you to determine if it will manifest as acute Hep C or evolves into an active viral form of Hep C...
This would take several tests over a period of time.  In the meantime hang in there......stop having unprotected sex and put yourself FIRST...you don't owe anyone anything except to be true to yourself without that horrible worry ... "what if?" LIfe is too precious to play with such diseases. Chances are slim to none that you will test postive for Hep C.......but get that test.

I find this forum filled with wonderful, supportive, caring,informative people who want to help each other...genuine support is what keeps me coming here...this is MY support I need. I certainly hope that homophobia isn't creeping it's ugly head into these threads.  Lots of people including myself find that VERY OFFENSIVE...... NO ONE should judge unless you are willing to step up and get judged yourself.....life is life and it is all precious.....enough said!
To those who have their hearts in the right place...thank you from MY HEART.....this disease is hard enough without feeling pain from unkind and ungenerous words.

Best to you playnine and start playing safe!....do it for YOU...aren't you worth it!?
Scott
I just did a google on anal sex/HCV and was surprised to find that neither the San Francisco City Clinic nor the VA is recommending condom use to prevent Hep C transmission during anal sex.   The official line still seems to be that transmission odds are low unless the sex is rough.   So your friend really wasn't deceiving you, but there's still the issue of barebacking in this day and age.   I hope it's the last time you let your guard down like this.  I lost so many good people to AIDS back in the day, and it's just appalling to hear about the current resurgence of risky behavior in twenty and thirty-somethings with short memories.  Playnine, please start playing it safe from here on out, okay? It's Pride Week, a perfect time to turn things around.   Good luck!
is over quickly for whom? never mind, i bet is the guy, while the gal is just starting :-}
are you sure about that design issue?  the blueprint looks similar to the other one...
In my opinion God created both humor and romance but not necessarily both in every human being. frank
LOL You already have drawn it but,,,,I totally agree!  Say NO to Bottoms up!
ROFLMAO!
does that come in a bumper sticker?
LOL I'll make one up for ya and you can report back your results after driving around times square!
haha this thread is funny,,,,We have Califia googling anal sex and Rev stating that pot smokers can't remember their brains!  Just another day at medhelp....
it might not be on the car...lol.
scruffy

No Blue print needed.
It really is very easy. Sex is a physical and emotional state that exists between a man and a woman, that gets really enhanced when making love, to the point of escacy(Spelling). There is sex, then there is a making Love. It is the bonding of the two to be as one. This is both the religious view..Also the Physical and emotional view in my opinion.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Blessings

Tonyz
That's the whole problem with romance these days-you need a damn blueprint.smile,frank
I want it on record that I may google anal sex, but never do I ogle it.   Voyeurism just doesn't do a thing for me.   And Tony,  I firmly believe that what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is their own business, not mine.  (I'm just praying my own libido returns after the devil juice has run its course.)
Believe me-it is now on record that you Google anal sex.LOL

Believe me you libido will return. When it comes back, it  may return with more intensity.
Bye the way, How long do you have left on TX??

Blessing's,

TonyZ

I read your post above under 'Healthy Liver 2' - supplements.

You know that I am Praying and thinking of you, 6 weeks must seem like eternity right now...But you also know how time flys.

You are such a special person! This forum would not be the same without you.

GOD Bless

TonyZ

Six weeks, Tony,  and definitely going through a good stretch.   I'd say those prayers of yours are pretty effective.   Thank you, bro'.
Naw, he gets points for encouragement.  Too much punishment in this world already....

Then again, let's revisit this in September!
That was the BEST post I have read in a long time. I was in tears. Right now I don't care if I clear, if I get RA, I just want to laugh at all you clowns!! Thanks for the first good belly laugh I've had in weeks!