Hepatitis C Community
Has anybody heard of my dr?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Has anybody heard of my dr?

Has anybody used or heard of the dr that I will be using? I am in Atlanta area .

Enrique J. Martinez M.D., FACP
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
Portrait:
Dr. Martínez is a magna *** laude graduate of the University of South Florida, where he also received his medical degree. After completing his residency and internship in internal medicine, he went on to complete a fellowship in gastroenterology at USF. He then completed advanced training fellowships in hepatology and transplant hepatology at the University of Miami, Division of Hepatology under the guidance of Dr. Eugene R. Schiff, one of the world's foremost hepatologists.

His academic positions include Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of South Florida, Assistant Professor of Medicine at Emory University, Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami, and Assistant Clinical Professor at Emory University. He also has served as Chief of the Gastroenterology Section at Tampa General Hospital, Medical Director of the Adult Liver Transplant Unit at Emory University Hospital, Associate Medical Director at the University of Miami | Jackson Memorial Hospital Liver Transplant, and Associate Medical Director for the University of Miami Hepatology Lab.

He is a fellow of the American College of Physicians, and a member of the American Medical Association, the American Gastroenterology Association, the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the Southern Medical Association, and the American Association for Study of Liver Diseases.

Dr. Martínez has been widely published in both textbooks and peer reviewed journals and is a noted lecturer on liver disease, liver transplantation and hepatitis. He serves as director of Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates' Liver Center.

Locations:
Emory Midtown
He was very impressed with  all the info that I had on my first visit>he said most people dont know as much as I did.I told him that i read alot.Actually I owe it ALL to this forum!!!!Thank you all!!! cindy
I searched dr martinez and dr schiff and it's looks like you will have quality care. Good credentials, well  published. Perhaps when the weekend is over someone will comment who knows more about him. It get's somewhat quiet on the forum during the weekend.
http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Enrique_J_Martinez.html