Has anyone read the book on HCV by Johny Delirious?
I just got it and read it.  I'm curious what others think.  

here's a link on Amazon so y'all know what I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/Hepatitis-C-Cured-Johnny-Delirious/dp/1438945477/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1299026213&sr=1-1-spell
Im surprised you havnt gotten any responses.  I have personally never heard of him before But I check out everything and everyone I hear about concerning HCV.  What I read in just an excerpt from his book made me leary. It said that most people who have HCV die from it.  That is not true.  Since that simple stat is incorrect I would automatically take everything with a grain of salt and thoroughly check out anything that has to do with him. He should know that, the stats are out there for anyone to see.    I am going to check him out.  Just because man has not yet discovered a cure of HCV in "nature"  doesnt mean it doesnt exist.  Never stop looking I say.  
Yeah some of the stuff he says he did was a bit on the weird side of things,  but personally I don't trust the medical community much more either.  
I wish I could share my book with everybody else but I guess I can't because of copyrights.   It's a pretty short book... basically a sort of short autobiography of his life.   Perhaps I could go through the book and sumarize each chapter.  (Chapters are so short... some are literally only 1-2 pages.  But I do believe that overall he isn't lying and I think basically he just did whatever he could to strengthen his immune system and let IT fight off the virus.

There are some things in the book that sounds like he might be stretching the truth... or perhaps at the time when the stuff occured it might have actually been true.  For example his doctors were pushing him to get a liver transplant because they gave him 8 months to live.  At one point he asks his doctor what is the life expectancy after a liver transplant.  He tells him that 75% of liver transplant recipients make it to 5 years post transplant.  Then he asks,  what about after 5 years?   and the doctor says something like "none".... basically insinuating that at some point not far after 5 years, the survival rate drops to zero.  That's something I need to research better, but I'm pretty sure it's not true now even if it was true perhaps 20 years ago or when this happened.  Still I have a problem with the healthcare industry measuring success in terms of 5 years only.   If that person drops dead during year 6, that shouldn't count as a successful transplant.
I also found the book in Google books and you can see some portions of it in there, I think more than what you can see on Amazon.  it might give you a better idea about the content.   It has the section on the "zapper" device he used.  That part sounds pretty kooky to me:  Using a device that creates a high frequency low voltage current to
"zap" parasites dead.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pTM0BC8iTRoC&pg=PA40&lpg=PA40&dq=johnny+delirious%22+zapper&source=bl&ots=gB_axh6KYT&sig=KNO9zJxbBy793YVYOW6ckTJ03Ts&hl=en&ei=6KpvTab4OMKclgf_xcGQBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=johnny%20delirious%22%20zapper&f=false
There are documented cases of liver transplant patients surviving >20 years post surgery.

One of the issues with stats like this is that the average age of TP recipients is rather high;  if you receive a liver at say, 55 years old, even in a healthy individual surviving beyond twenty years is stretching things…

Additionally, people get pretty sick waiting for allocation and distribution process to take place; I imagine the additional stress on the body from becoming this ill is hard on the body as well.

Bottom line is beware of statistics of all stripes; the old saying, ‘statistics don’t lie, but only liars use statistics’ is often too true :o).

The odds of clearing the virus spontaneously (once it becomes chronic) isn’t a clinically relevant option; but you’re sure welcome to try. There was a group of Alaska natives studied a few years ago with a remarkably high rate of spontaneous remission; outside of that, I’m personally unaware of any other cases.

Good luck,

Bill
MORE SNAKE OIL!

The ONLY cure for HCV is Ribavirin, Interferon and soon to be a 3rd drug added to them, the new PI's coming out.

This is the ONLY PROVEN therapy to cure a person of Hepatitis C. There is plenty of hard core data to back it up.

When someone quotes wrong stats like, "most people will die from it" first thing that comes to mind it they are trying to scare people into buying something.