Hepatitis C Community
Has anyone tried Mesosilver?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Has anyone tried Mesosilver?

I cannot do Interferon again because of retinopathy, therefore am looking for ways/means to improve my quality of life. I lost my job in April and my Cobra insur. just lapsed.  I walk 30-40 minutes a day and try to eat a diet that supports my liver taking a few supplements, (Selenium, Alpha Lipoic Acid, SAM E, and Vitamin E occasionally C. and milk thistle)Primary symptoms of concern are low energy to fatigue and a lack of mental acuity. This varies to feeling scatter brained and memory loss to inability to sustain concentration. No matter what I do 6.5 hours is the most sleep I can get, often 5 is the routine. I frequently have an ache in my right side. The mornings when I wake up is the worst, dreams and thoughts are bizarre and I feel like the toxins get to my brain more when I am prone for some reason. I read somewhere that high blood sugar levels might make one a poor responder to tx which mine had been increasing during and after tx fasting 118-125. Thanks in advance for suggestions. Larry
that is tough, that you have so many extra hepatic symptoms and can't do anything to get rid of the virus. If the "alternatives" you are reading about, do not have actual medical studies to back their claims, I would say they are a waste of money.

Most of those sites are only dealing with anecdotes and testimonials and not even offering actual tests results to confirm what they claim.
can you inquire about new studies that do not include interferon?
go to clinicaltrials.gov and check to see if anything is been tried without interferon. good luck to you
diet, diet, diet!  I had all those symtoms (symptoms) pre-tx and clr'ng, and b/c of a badly damged b/no longer diseased liver, they still crop up.

The absolutely best diet for a bum liver is a vegetarian diet that also excludes dairy.  and no caffine.  Do I do it?  no, b/now I use meats and dairy as an ingrediant or flavoring b/mostly cut out meat-incl poultry and fish-esp salt water seafood and dairy--a little yougurt w/protein drink and butter w/toast, a little cheese on a taco.

The crazy thing, i have a relative that eats that way b/c she wants to, doesn't have too.  So I know its doable b/I'm too lazy to cook everyone a seperate meal.

also, juicing and lightly teamed veggies are the best.

The less work the liver has to do to filter out toxins, the less irratants ingested means the liver can 'rest and heal'.

All those memory and concentration problems sound like classic 'hepatic encephalopathy' and is really quite common since its just a chemical thing--too much ammonia caused 'fuzzy thinking.'  Dairy converts to ammonia in the small intestines immediately!  bummer
You're in a tough spot, bro' , and you have my full sympathy.   I just wanted to offer a slightly different perspective on complementary therapy for HCV.  Mesosilver is a big no no, as far as I'm concerned--silver accumulating in the body turns the skin gray, and how salubrious could that be?  After you research quite a bit more you'll probably agree that you should avoid this stuff at all costs.

However, there are safe and sensible alternatives out there.  After my monotherapy failure I relied on Traditional Chinese Medicine and a rigorous herbal protocol for fourteen years to halt fibrosis progression and to dispel pain and fatigue.  Worked quite successfully.  (Now I want to go for broke and see if I can clear the virus altogether,  which TCM will not enable you to do.)  

http://www.hepcchallenge.org offers an excellent informational resource called "Choices."  You might want to check out their section on complementary therapies.   The problem, of course, is that none of these therapies are covered by insurance and are difficult to afford when you're employment challenged.   But in my experience, TCM  works.   So please don't despair -- there are solutions.
I agree. TCM (acupuncture) can handle lots of the symptoms. The Chinese would say the needles move your <i>chi</i> (which gets blocked)--but to me it feels like I've been <i>reprogrammed</i>. My acupuncturist can change my sleeping patterns, my digestion, even my attitude, and the treatments definitely improve my brain fogginess. I'm doing the menopause thing and they've helped a LOT with my hot flashes too.
Colloidal silver is quack medicine. Stuff kills some bacteria in a petri-dish and sucks money from people.

Exercise, esp. aerobic exercise, good nutrition, no caffiene, reduced sugar intake, and staying well hydrated is the best non-drug "therapy" around (yes, read article about caffiene and AST levels).

There is little or no supporting evidence for nearly all "alternatives" for treating someone with the HCV or addressing the symptoms of this disease, which makes the "alternatives" really not much of an alternative. There is some evidence for reducing liver inflammation with the Sho-saiko-to herb, for example, so one cannot say that absolutely every supplement, herbal, etc. is ineffectual, but too many "treatments" are just that and some even harmful - it is very, very difficult to know what can be beneficial and what is a rip-off without some way to measure or gauge improvement over time, which is the missing bit that makes many alts. a farce.

Use common sense and understand that using herbals and the such is medicating to address a problem or problems and vigilence is indicated when taking them as with any medicine from any source.

It is a hard place to be in, having this disease and the prevailing treatment no longer an option. Treat yourself well, don't abuse your body and have periodic monitoring of your liver.

God bless! -Michael
Do you do acupuncture during treatment?
I've never done treatment. I'm watching and waiting. However, I've heard of people who have done acupuncture to help them deal with the side effects of tx.
Acupuncture during tx, yes.
I don't believe that colloidal silver is quack medicine, and it is very useful for killing bacteria on contact.  (It is used regularly on burn victims, even some bandages have silver in them).  For those of you investigating the particular brand of mesosilver, I would urge you to read this to dispell some of their marketing claims...
http://purestcolloid.com/articles/silver-2004-12-16.php
None of them will read it, since if you had looked at the date, the original thread was from 2005!
Too bad the responders were so closed-minded or the OP might have had a much better outcome.
I applaud you for posting the truth about the stark differences between the type of silver preparation "Califia" was referring to and the type of Colloidal Silver the OP was referring to couldn't be more different. True colloidal silver does NOT turn the skin grey, and DOES kill viruses and bacteria in the body. Its the only thing my family ever uses for colds and flu symptoms, and works so much better than antibiotics (and without affecting the body's natural immune system in the process).
Unfortunately, since the (great) powers that make lots of money from Western medicine won't make any if we all start using the Eastern medicinal alternatives that work so much better, there will always be plenty of sites dispelling their benefits and claiming them to be "quackery"...that's just the way big U.S. money is made; keeping the truth from the masses of low-level sheep.
*(To pro-actively respond to any accusations of my having no idea what I'm talking about...I'm a military-trained Pharmacist with over 22 years experience).
hey mike!  i read your comment about caffeine!  i wondered about why my liver started hurting after i drank some coffee!!  i hope this doesn't mean i have to give up excedrine for migraine every day; a couple of those always makes me feel better and gets me moving.  suzan in the ga mtns.
After 15 years of knowing, I have never felt sick or missed a day of work or fun.  Now my gastro is saying to go on Inteferon. I'm a nervous wreck as everything read sounds dreadfull and I've never been depressed and am scared it will destroy my family. My genotype is 3 and have no scarring. Went for a second opinion, but believe most docs stick to what is the norm from drug companies.  Any thoughts that are proven?
I have been on therapy twice now, getting ready to get off. I am not responding again! My genotype is 1.
Everyone has different symptoms. Maybe mine not so server because I am not responding. I don't know. I am depressed to be taken off.
I feel better on it than off of it. But you say you feel fine.
I contacted a company called, "Be in charge" when I started thearpy the second time and wish I would have the first time. They have nurses on call 24/7.
Drink plenty of water,  get plenty of rest, and drink little if no caffine at all. The more rest you get the more your liver heels itself. I wish someone would have told me that.
You can still have an active life. I to have a very active life style to.
If you read the side effects it is very scary. Everyone is different and everyones side effects are different (maybe mine wasn't as bad to because I wasn't responding.,
Most of all when you go on the therapy try to keep your mind clear of nagitive thoughts.
And remember drink alot of water.
Good Luck!
Prebiotic/probiotic a must. Lactobacillus GG and Inulin. Get on HRs' liver lover supplements.
Wait a minute, this post is 3 years old!!!
It may be 3 years old but I just learned some very valuable and helpful information so just goes to show even old news can be good news :0)..

Summer392 Treatment for genotype 3 is usually very good in it's resiults Sadly i am also Genotype 1 and have had no luck with treatments like many others.
Just my 2 cent's worth...I did 5 months of sho-Saiko-To (SST or hepzone to folks in the USA) as well as a few other supplements and I did see a consistent drop in my viral load and normalizing of liver enzymes...But it doesn't kill the hep c...it's been my experience if you keep your immune system strong, stay away from liver stressors, and eat a healthy diet, you will keep the hep c's damage to it's slowest...Some people can even halt it's progression by enabling their liver to repair itself as fast as it's being damages...this explains why some can have it 20 years, and only be stage 1/ grade 1 with their liver biopsies...while others are in more advanced stages sooner...And also why the viral load varies so much...                                           ~Melinda
P.S. I'm 3a, treated, and am in my 8th week post treatment...Still clear so far...
I can't believe we still have to out this quackery.  Mesosilver is not safe and causes, among other things, argyria.  If you don't know what that is, watch this video:

http://www.truveo.com/The-Dangers-of-Colloidal-Silver/id/3410103368

In 2004, the FDA sanctioned colloidal silver companies, including mesosilver for their basesless and dangerous claims about health conditions.

Right now, there is no hcv tx that CURES hcv that does not involve interferon.  None of these scamsters can ever show studies showing anything different.  But hey, they are more than happy to take your money.
Yup. It's still a "****-shoot", huh? Sigh...No guarantees -even with the interferon...Colloidal silver is okay for topical stuff, like burn treatment, but when used internally, it isn't regulated enough to take the risk...And, it only works on bacteria, not viruses...                                                                 ~M
I've been researching the **** out of treatments for Hep C. Ive got Genotype 1B which is the worst of them and least receptive to the interferon treatment. I tried the treatment b/c the doctor told me I needed to. I could only handle just over 3 weeks of it, I thought I was going crazy and it felt like it made my head radioactive or something. I just found out that it causes brain damage, depression long after stopping, isolation and withdrawing from human interaction even after stopping. I noticed being afraid to talk to anyone, even my sister while on it, but finding all this out makes me so glad I stopped. Anyhow, I just started taking the Mesosilver a few days ago. It DOES kill viruses, a medical study was done in 2005 and it was found to KILL HIV. For "alagirl", it doesn't cause argyria, the guy who turned blue has been taking in silver for 20-30 YEARS and for the first many years was taking it in massive doses far beyond the 1-4 teaspoons daily. I cant remember the exact amounts but something like several quarts daily. He was making it at home and started out adding actual silver fragments and ingesting them. Then, as he states, he rubbed it all over his skin for some reason. Before antibiotics were discovered, this stuff was used universally up untill the 1940's. There are other things I have been finding and am trying to get a hold of for treating my Hep C. If you go on YouTube and look up this bigtime research physicist  Dr. Bob Beck. Type in his name along with "HIV cure" for stuff on Colloidal Silver. Then there's a device that runs on batteries that you put on your wrist where you're arteries come almost to your skin's surface. Its called a Magnetic Pulser and it actually cleans your blood by killing any bacteria and viruses. Type in "Bob Beck and Magnetic Pulser", Ive yet to get one or make one but Ive just learned about it. Then type in the same Dr. Beck and "Ozonated Water"  and you'll learn how drinking water with ozone or O3 put in it will kill the virus in your body. This Dr. Bob Beck guy should be president as far as Im concerned. He explains how to "make your own" for all of these things and doesn't make any money from it. Any how here are 3 different ways I've recently learned to kill viruses and Im going to try all three at once. Learning about this has breathed new life into me because I had given up hope and was more or less a walking dead guy, feeling like **** all the time and sleeping life away. There is a 4th thing that is harder to do but is probably most important in fighting Hep C and that is following the ****** Therapy diet. You can learn about that on YouTube as well and it consists of using a juicer and making juice with all kinds of vegetables and fruits, this way much more of the antioxidants and vitamins and minerals are absorbed into your system.  ****** was a Dr. back in the 1940's who cured cancer with his strict therapy but it wont be recognized as most other things that cure illnesses but can't be patented or made money from here in the U.S.A. So these clinics open up in Mexico and in the Orient and are curing cancer. Anyways, I am positive this same therapy would work for Hep C b/c the bases of it or the reason that it works is b/c it builds up your bodies immune system. So 4 things for "cuteos who asked the first question on here in 2005" that I am looking forward to healing myself by trying, The silver colloids, magnetic pulser, Ozonated water (or other oxygen therapy), and using the ****** therapy diet. Along with taking the best supplements like milk thistle, alpha lipoic acid,selenium, Vit K2,etc. I have also just read that a drug has just been discovered to lower HCV peoples viral loads in May of 2008 called Fluvastatin. It is generally given for cholesteral. Hope this has given hope to someone w/ HCV out there. Whatever you do, DO NOT do the Inerferon Treatment.
To theshiek:

Let me get this right in my mind.  You say NOT to do Interferon treatment, which treatment is proven effective in clinical trials.  Instead, you RECOMMEND dosing yourself with Colloidal Silver or plugging yourself into Bob Beck's Magnetic Pulser or drinking some of his Ozonated Water or killing the virus with a "Therapy" diet or, in your own case, all of them together?

You'll probably be saddened to learn that Bob Beck isn't going to become president any time soon - he died in 2002, and apparently all his life saving quackery could help him past the ripe old age of 77.  But on the plus side, he doesn't need to make any money on his inventions any more, and he left plans so boy scientists can "make their own".  Whoopee, build a school science project AND cure cancer!

As for clinics in Mexico and the Orient (what a quaint choice of words) "curing cancer" - that's pure anecdote.

If you're foolish enough, I have zero problem with you paying good money for the quackery you mention - it's your funeral, as the saying goes.  But I do have a problem with you recommending people here not to do Interferon treatment, which is about their only shot at a cure, and further recommending your quack remedies as viable substitutes.  I suggest we'd all be better of if you got yourself some manners and some morals and keep your nonsense to yourself.
a breath of fresh air to read your comments.,,  your open mindedness willingness to try
the many alterntives to interferon will  definately lead to success.  cheers...ymp
Open minded alright.  His mind is so open, his brains fell out.
I just LOVE it when someone hawking a tx that doesn't, by the way, work - uses google alerts to get alerted when someone posts a certain name.  So lame.  And then comes on this site posing as someone who suffers from a disease.  We see you coming a mile away because you didn't sign up until AFTER the key word(s) is triggered.  By the way, viral loads, which you might know had you REALLY studied hcv, vary and do not correlate with the actual amount of damage to the body from the virus.  You and ymp, another johnny come lately who showed up after a key word trigger, are birds of a snake oil salesman feather.

Like I said.  Lame.  Go sell it down the street.
What are you talking about"hawking a tx" and a "key word trigger"?? Im not that computer literate so you're going to have to explain what that means. You think I wrote all of that to try and sell something?  That Im a fraud who really doesn't have Hep C. What is it that Im selling? I ordered some colloidal Silver and have been taking it for about 5 days, I didn't say it cured me but I would like to have some glimmer of hope that it will rather than having none. Sweetheart, I started shooting dope at the age of 13 and probably got Hep C around this time. I am 29 now and was diagnosed with Hep C around the age of 25. There is a Hep C clinic that people come from hours and states away that is right next to me here in Frederick Maryland in the health clinic. I did the interferon treatment for one month about two years ago. I still have a Pegintron shot in the package in my refrigerator and the bottle of Riberol Riberon or whatever they're called along with them b/c up untill last week I was fighting with myself about doing it again.  Ive yet to see if the Bob Beck things work, so how can I be selling anything. I am in the process of trying to get the electric blood cleaning device because he says that both the silver and the blood cleaner will kill anything with in three weeks if both used at the same time. No patent can be put on silver or electricity so its absurd saying Im trying to sell something. Bob beck made the diagrams for making these things public so hundreds of people are building them and using his name to sell on the internet, so which one of them do I work for? The Mesosilver b/c thats the one I happened to order? Since I found out about this only a week ago Ive been on this computer researching NON STOP and have found so much proof of what Im saying works that I have hope it will work on me, although I haven't even gotten the electric blood cleaner thing yet and have only been using the Silver for a week so I cant say if it works.Had I not acted so hastily in my excitement in finding a new route, I would have ordered or made the device to make the Colloidal Silver myself instead of ordering it from a big company but I hadn't learned yet at the time that you can make it your self.  Instead of calling me a fraud and saying a bunch of ridiculous things, why don't you do some research on it yourself. Here is something that may change you're mind. The cure for Aids has been out since 1990. There is this pulser thing that kills AIDS as well as a medical cure. These are the patent #'s. I don't know much about the second patent other then that its a drug but the first patent is what the blood electrification thing is based on. Go to www.uspto.gov and go to "patent" on the left and then choose where you can put in the patent #. The # is 5188738 . Thats a cure for everything caused by virus or bacteria, but it was done specifically for Aids in 1990. The other number and cure which doesn't pertain to me is I think only for AIDS but its 5676977. If this isn't enough proof to make you think that I "might" be on to something then you must WANT to stay sick. As for "Aptec", yeah, Bob Beck died in 2002, I learned that just after I first got on here. I actually found this sight researching "cures for Hep C" and normally wouldn't waste my time writting when I could be learning more but I read the first letter on here and wanted to share the joy I was feeling having just found out about this stuff a few days earlier. My case of Hep C is worse then the average case b/c most people have it and don't even know, I'm one of the people that don't only know but have NO energy, and have severe depression because of it. It makes my head so hazy that I cant think straight on some days. I think I had it at an even younger age then when I started using, b/c in grade school my eyes would get so heavy out of nowhere and every day after school I had to sleep for a couple of hours. This started from as early as I can remember, all the way through highschool. The doctor at the Hep C clinic told me after my biopsy at age 27 that my liver should not be anywhere near as far along as it is for someone with Hep C at my age and told me at the rate its going, I will have Cirrhosis by the time I hit 40yrs old. So he talked me into doing the treatment. Back to aptec, why would you cut on someone like BOb beck who made all of these discoveries (and he made quite a few if you research) and never made any $$$ from it. He could have used his discoveries to make himself rich as can be but instead he tried to get it out to the public. I would have to say it takes a genuinely decent, good person to put humanity before his own self gratification, fame, wealth, etc. I admire the man. Those are the patent numbers for you to look up. For those that are open minded and want to find out for yourself if its all a quack, "as I am still in the process of doing", watch Bob Becks lecture where he gives his research findings out to the public on Youtube. Type in "Bob Beck cure for AIDS" and there are quite a few of them but people have taken bits and peices and reposted them on there in shorter segments. The one that explains it in full is two hours long divided into 13 ten minute segments so its 1/13 then 2/13 etc all the way up to 13/13 b/c apparently you can only put 10 minutes of video on youtube at a time. Thats the lecture you want to watch, the one that starts 1 of 13. Watch it and decide for your self. I think its for real but don't have the proof until AFTER I try everything he says. So it really makes me angry that someone would say Im a fraud and am trying to sell something when Im dying of Hep C and havent even gone through this treatment yet, let alone claim that it cures anything. I was simply sharing my joy with others out there who are in the same place I've been for the past 5-7 years. Its a dark and hopeless place and I hate it so @#$% you for trying dim out the light I was trying share with those who are in that dark, hopeless place, however they got there. Maybe YOUR a fraud and don't have Hep C? Maybe you work for the company who manufactures Interferon and are on here trying to keep people from finding alternative ways to treat Hep C.,,,, Now how ridiculous does that sound?
To theshiek:

Sorry that you have the dread disease and found Interferon tx (treatment) difficult - as you can probably gather from what you can read here, it's not easy for anyone.

Sorry also to say that your message contains so much that is absurd, baseless, and not a little pathetic.  To touch on just a few of the things you mention, in no particular order:

You write:
"I didn't say it (colloidal silver) cured me but I would like to have some glimmer of hope that it will rather than having none."

As long as you understand you're paying good money for HOPE without the remote chance of a CURE.  These quack medicines and devices continue to be peddled precisely because they're sold as 'your only hope after western medicine has failed', etc.

You write:
"The cure for Aids has been out since 1990."

Nonsense.  Pure, unadulterated anecdotal nonsense.

You write:
There is this pulser thing that kills AIDS as well as a medical cure.

You write:
"These are the patent #'s."

The holding of a patent is no indication of the effectiveness or otherwise of the thing patented.  Rather, a patent confers upon the patentee the right to exclude others from making, using, or selling the patented invention for a period of twenty years from the date the application was filed.

You write:
"aptec, why would you cut on someone like BOb beck who made all of these discoveries"

Why?  Because the man feeds off the vulnerability of people like you.  He may have a heart of gold and give away everything he owns to the poor and needy, but it DOESN'T mean his "inventions" work.  Beck and similar 'Zapper' merchants base their claims on the demonstrable fact that viruses die when zapped with electricity IN ISOLATION - in other words, put some viruses in a dish and zap them with electricity and viola! THEY'RE DEAD!  IT'S A CURE!  Using comparable levels of electricity in an animal of any appreciable size (e.g. a human being) = dead, pure and simple.  Beck's machines use levels of electricity that are all but undetectable (think 'holistic electricity') and have NO effect on viruses in the human body.

You write:
"Since I found out about this only a week ago Ive been on this computer researching NON STOP."

You did a whole week of research?  On the web?  Then you MUST be right!  In fact, your rambling comments and sureties are based on a maximum of 168 hours (7 days x 24 hours) "research" (surfing the web), during which you've cherry-picked the 'feel good' bits of websites that reinforce your original premise that a glimmer of hope is better than no hope.  Quacks LOVE people like you.  Sure, colloidal silver works - just $10 a bottle.  Sure, Rife machines work - only $2000 for your own machine.  They get the money, and you get a reduced bank account AND the added bonus of STILL HAVING THE ORIGINAL DISEASE!

You write:
"Maybe you work for the company who manufactures Interferon and are on here trying to keep people from finding alternative ways to treat Hep C.,,,,"

Head for the hills, it's A CONSPIRACY!  

You write:
"Now how ridiculous does that sound?"

You beg the question.

There's no point in belaboring the point.  Go ahead and waste your money
It is not easy to obtain a patent especially for something that claims will kill the AIDS virus. It must be proven that the thing being patented does what it claims it is able to do. As far as spending $$$ on these things, the schematics are shown so you can make it yourself. The colloidal silver for less then 5$ and you can make as much as you want. The same thing with the blood electrification device. Dr. Beck gives the schematics for it so anyone can make it on their own. There will always be skeptics such as yourself until yourself so Im not going to waste my time.
You can write until you're blue in the face, but you're not going to convince a lot of people that colloidal silver really works. May be as a suppository - have you tried that?
"It is not easy to obtain a patent especially for something that claims will kill the AIDS virus."  And your point is what?

To gain patent protection, the application must show that the device OPERATES as described in the application.   If granted, a patent protects the patentee from unauthorized third-party MANUFACTURE of the item patented - patents are NOT an endorsement that the patented item does what it says it will.  The purpose and scope of patent law is misunderstood by many people - something well know to and used by the quacks as 'proof' their nonsense works - "Look, it's patented - it WORKS!"

As for making your own pie-in-the-sky machine, yes, I suppose you could.  But take a look at a schematic for a Beck machine, for example:

http://www.sharinghealth.com/beckprotocol/buildyourown.html

Even if this nonsense COULD cure anything other than a healthy bank account, can you honestly see the average person even understanding which way up to hold the schematic, let alone how to locate the parts and build a working machine?  The more logical explanation is surely that most people WON'T be able to take advantage of the 'free' schematics, but WILL stump up some cash for a working device - like the 'Bob Beck Magnetic Pulse Generator', for only $325.00.

And $5.00 for as much colloidal silver as want?  Then perhaps you could explain why there are thousands upon thousands of business selling the stuff.  These quacks, selling this garbage for $49.875 for a 16.9oz bottle, are typical:

http://www.purestcolloids.com/mesosilver_price_list.htm#Mesosilver500mL

As for your closing comments, be thankful there are "skeptics" like me - skepticism is your best barrier against the predatory practices of quacks you want your money, and don't give a damn about your health.  And what's this about not arguing with me because I'm a "skeptic"?  Ask yourself WHY you "won't waste your time".  If you truly think blood boilers and silver are cures for what ails us all here, STAND UP AND HAVE THE DECENCY TO FIGHT FOR YOUR IDEAS.  Don't back off like a weenie because the naughty 'skeptic' doesn't agree with poor little you!
my husband is using mesosilver for his hep c.  It reduces the viral load counts from 12.5 millions to 3.5 millions in about 3 mos of using it. Its funny how people react about this mesosilver. IBut because its too late he had a liver transplant because of cirrhosis.  He had a reccurence hep c after transplant and he is still taking mesosilver because he believe its helping him.  He has energy and liver enzymes is quite promising.
Sorry to hear about your husband.  It's not easy for any of us.

For me, it's NOT funny how people react to mesosilver or any other of the quack treatments on offer.  When you buy into that nonsense you pay with more than money - you're putting your life at risk.

Viral load counts can be very cyclical, and aren't influenced by mumbo-jumbo silver other than for its associated placebo effects.  

Your comments about your husband's condition after using mesosilver are I'm sure true, however, your logic is purely post hoc ergo propter hoc - another example of the same logic would be 'I stood under a tree and sang songs to the leaves, and my viral count went down.  But I later had a recurrence.'

Post hoc ergo propter hoc:

The post hoc ergo propter hoc (after this therefore because of this) fallacy is based upon the mistaken notion that simply because one thing happens after another, the first event was a cause of the second event. Post hoc reasoning is the basis for many superstitions and erroneous beliefs.
my husband applied for interferon and riba study but the clinical coordinators told him that he is too late, his liver is already eaten up by the disease. doctors told him to get a transplant right away.  he is so weak so he tried meso but also he is in the process that time to have a new liver.  his child pugh level is c a marker for his survival .  I decided to give 60% of my liver to him (live liver donor operation).  Almost 100% of the cases that recurrence of hep c after transplant is going to happen in a worst way because of anti rejection drugs and his immune system is suppresed to fight the evil virus.
Yes right now he is waiting for his condition to get a little better to start interferon and riba, but also he is taking mesosilver because as i said it give him energy and fight bacteria.  Also he has nothing to loss, the quack silver is not going to hurt him,
Is very toxic stuff and can make you turn blue!

My doctor said absolutely not!!

Google the blue man and you will see!

I wouldnt do it.
I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's condition.  It must be a really devastating and scary time for you both, and I wish you both well.

Regarding the comments about your husband taking quack silver, there are many reasons your husband might feel 'better' after taking mesosilver - my money would be on a placebo effect in combination with a post hoc ergo propter hoc point of view - but the fact is that research shows that silver has NO curative properties and CAN cause permanent physical damage.  So your comment that treating with silver is "not going to hurt him" is just not true.  If you value your husband's health, which you give every indication of doing, stop giving him that garbage

Your statement "Also he has nothing to loss (sic), the quack silver is not going to hurt him" is pure alternative medicine-speak - e.g.  'He has disease X and no longer responds to conventional medicine?  Have him drink oak tree bark tea and bath in porridge and he'll feel better - after all, it won't hurt him, and 'conventional' medicine can't help him.'  In the end, the 'patient' is at risk of increased ill health and duped into thinking the 'alternative' treatment is the cause of ANY improvement (post hoc ergo propter hoc) - meanwhile, the quack walks away with your money.
Sorry to hear about your husband, maybe he should try something, but not the silver water.  Here's the blue man on youtube.  Google whatever and read it, before he try's it.  good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahihGKZC5Kk
why does nasa used silver in all thier water purifier and why sports socks manufacturer sewing silver threads in socks to prevent athletes foot fungi.  slver does infact kills pathogens and bacteria.
NASA uses silver in space, and athletes use it to kill athlete's foot, ergo it cures HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis/Cancer?
im curious ....do you have hcv? im new to this site.. and i think we hit it right away about the mesosilver..nice debating to you about this stuf.  i value your opinion and care about my husband conditions.
Curiosity is good - I like curiosity!

Yes, I do have HCV.  I'm genotype 2, currently on week 22 of 24 weeks Interferon/Riba tx, and undetected since week 12.  Two weeks of Interferon to go, and one more week of Riba after that, and I'm seriously hoping for the best.

Please don't misconstrue my comments about mesosilver.  I'd like nothing better than for everyone with this disease to get well again with the minimum of bad side-effects, but it makes me angry to read recommendations to use 'alternative' nonsense to treat life-threatening disease - recommendations based on anecdotes, post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning, or a few hours cherry-picking the internet for feel good 'cures'.  

Does mesosilver kill bacteria?  Perhaps - but the hep virus isn't a bacteria.  Does mesosilver kill "pathogens"?  Perhaps.  Has it been shown in reproducible clinical trials to kill the hep virus - no, plain and simple.  Have any of the other 'alternatives' - from innocuous ginger and ginseng to potentially lethal chemical concoctions and blood boiling machines - passed the clinical trial test?  No, plain and simple.  Have Interferon/Riba?  Yes, plain and simple.  There are other promising treatments in testing - but they're MEDICINES too, not 'alternative' medicines (a contradiction in terms - either it's MEDICINE or it's not).

I know from experience that the side effects of Interferon treatment are awful, in cases even unbearable, and not to be taken lightly when considering treatment.  It might seem that anything is good if it offers the possibility of a cure in place of having to use this particular treatment, or offers relief from the accompanying side-effects - which is where the quacks make their money.  I'd be happy to dose myself to eternity with mesosilver if I thought I wouldn't have to go through the experience of treating with Interferon and would be 'cured' - but the plain and simple fact is mesosilver and the other 'alternatives' are pipe-dreams.  The only winner is the quack who gets your money.

I'm very sorry about your husband's condition and wish you and him the best, no matter what tx you choose - but please use caution when considering 'alternatives'.

First of all, I find it suspect that whenever a mesosilver thread or thread about some other quack remedy comes up, we have people who JUST signed up posting the glories of whatever particular quackery is involved.  It is way too coincidental and I suspect that the websites are using google alerts - which are free by the way - to notify them whenever a key word comes up.  

It doesn't matter if you have a patent.  When the FDA fines you for trying to represent that you can cure a disease you cannot cure, then you know something is wrong.  And colloidal silvers ARE shown to cause arygia, and not just in the "blue man" who was referenced earlier.
Eating silver just dont sound right to me
You might be right about recent members and quack posts.  It's an open forum though, so I don't see how to stop that without some sort of censorship.  What can be done is to lop them off at the legs when they post - and my way of doing that is to point out as many inconsistencies, errors and outright lies as the quacks bring into play.

It's not as if we're all here to hang out and have fun being positive for hepatitis, while enjoying the banter of loonies pushing quackery.  We're sick!  We're trying to find information to make informed decisions, or passing on information on the results of making a decision, or just giving encouragement in really difficult times.

So quacks - take a hike!

Apologies if this comes over as a rant - I had shot #22 yesterday and I'm feeling downright evil!
I feel for anyone who has or will experience the effects of Interferon. Twice for me with negative results. Meso Silver may do more damage than good.

There are some things on the horizon that do have some promise though. Anyone interested can investigate. I would suggest looking for an article title "Inactivation of viruses with a very low power visible femtosecond laser" Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.

Google the name K. T. Tsen

http://www.iop.org/EJ/article/0953-8984/20/25/252205/cm8_25_252205.html

The essential plan is to use the laser and a dyalisis type device to inactivate HCV and HIV. 80% kill rate in test. This is something to push for.

Also research NASA Infrared LEDs, Infrared and Methylene Blue. Near Infrared light can penetrate the body to 25cm. About 10 inches. This is interesting research with many proven results and holds a lot of promise.
good luck to you. my husband  interferon and riba treatment maybe this coming november if his conditions is stable...and we are hoping for the best since this is his first treatment after his transplant....and good luck to 'EVERYBODY'
I would be shocked if your Husband's transplant team knows about him taking silver and condones it. I was transplanted in 2000 and I wouldn't dare mention taking anything like that to my team. I don't know much about silver but I doubt that his transplant team would go along with it.
Good luck,
Mike
Wouldnt it be better to eat gold?
Groan, no rocker...no eat gold!!!

don't you love it when someone gets on here selling the same old snake oil as three new people (talk amongst yourselves).

it would be nice if one would just say, hi, I'm into alternatives, and conduct your symphony as one hand clapping...no one is fooled by multiple new personas.

Here's what I learned in basic chemistry and my medical training:

a. the human body has a variety of heavy metals in it. All are essential to health, yet some are only helpful in minute amounts. We are talking micrograms here, not milligrams.  Gold for instance, must be present in or health suffers, but even a hundred micrograms too much can be deleterious. Same with silver. etc.

this guy from 3 years ago got some good advice, lower your ammonia level through diet and inulin/lactulose. At some point he may have done that.

suggestion for all you rife machine LED pushers...
why don't you go get your own board and sell your snake oil there!!!!!!!!

I resent you coming in here under false pretense as several and not the one you are...

and calling anyone who subscribes to current medical treatment stupid,

SOC, Interferon/Ribaviron is the only treatment proven to work to date which gives between 50% and 90% cure rates, depending on genotype, and calling all of of them treating and cured ignorant sheep only points out your own utter lack wisdom and civility!!

You sir(s) are the ignorant sheep(s) coming in here to fleece whom you can...
a wolf by any other name....military trained or not.
sorry but I doubt you will ever get a sale with the folks coming in here....
I'll bet this recession really has you grasping for straws (uh sales) huh??

mb
I hope you're not including me in those "three new people" selling snake oil.  I'm new to the forum, but have NOTHING to do with the quacks - then again, I'd say that if I WAS one of them, right?  What a bind!
yap they know but they said they have nothing against it but will not recommend. however his tranplant doc said and "I quote" if the traditional treatment will not work, then you can try the mesosilver.. but his not eager to know about this stuff (of course).

wow! so you had your transplant 8 years ago..thats wonderful to know that you are doing well.
god bless!
Well, I really didn't expect to hear that your TP doc has nothing against it. I am curious to know the name of your TP center. I was transplanted at Starzl and though I have never contemplated silver I very much doubt that they'd go along with silver. I am considering asking my center if they have an opinion but, to be honest about it, I will be somewhat embarrassed because I know they'll think I am off a little. I'm an SVR so I don't have any reason to explore silver.

If you are comfortable disclosing the name of the transplant center I would really appreciate it.

I wish you and your Husband good luck irrespective of what he's treating with.
Mike
Hi merryBe,
First off I am not selling "LEDs" or anything to do with Rife. The information that I posted comes from the work done by NASA and numerous Universities etc. To call everything "snakeoil" without taking the time or energy to investigate on your own shows only that you are narrow minded. Simply put, there is more than one road that leads to Rome. If it wasn't for inquisitive minds were would we be?

Judging from your attitude you are young and probably not that far along in the progression of the illness. To make the statement that Interferon/Riboviron is 50% to 90% effective is absurd. I challenge you to produce any study showing the rate of success you have stated.
". . . without taking the time or energy to investigate on your own shows only that you are narrow minded."

No reasonable person uses time to investigate alternative snake oils, for the same reason no one uses time to study a 'flat-Earth' hypothesis - it's a waste of time that could be spent in studying real science.

"To make the statement that Interferon/Riboviron is 50% to 90% effective is absurd."

The efficacy rate for Interferon/Riba use in treating Hepatitis might be debatable, but that for mesosilver and other quackery isn't.  It equals zero.
"To call everything "snakeoil" without taking the time or energy to investigate on your own shows only that you are narrow minded."

"To make the statement that Interferon/Riboviron is 50% to 90% effective is absurd. I challenge you to produce any study showing the rate of success you have stated. "

At least the two sentences weren't in the same paragraph.
I am a little confused on what you mean by real science. My thought is that physics is real science. The information I posted was done by real scientist. K. T. Tsen is in the Department of Physics at Arizona State University. The list of names of scientist, universities and government research programs is extensive. If you choose not to investigate that is your decision. Again I will say that to make statements though without investigation in narrow minded.

If the information is over your head than just say so.
Welcome to the forum.  I see you just started posting yesterday.  I'm a bit curious why you want to offend everybody in your first two days.  Maybe you should reconsider.

jd
I definitely prefer using silver and gold in form of beautiful jewelry! I think especially the ladies will agree on that one!
aptec -
It's an open forum though, so I don't see how to stop that without some sort of censorship.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agree with you there.  I just wanted to point it out - that it happens all the time on these threads, and that we don't in fact know, as MerryBe said, whether proponents of things like Mesosilver are distinct people or whether it is one person signing up with separate user id's to defend a quack product in which they have an actual financial interest.  People hawking things on the web CAN be notified every time a keyword comes up in order to initiate an id and post in medical groups, on user comments after articles, or wherever. I think that happens here sometimes.  But other times, people HAVE posted here about their hcv prior to the term coming up, and they just happen to believe in these things.  

I agree that the only (and best) thing we can do is to continue to point out the inconsistencies between SOC and newer treatments on the horizon that have some medical basis in fact, and products that are not backed by research and are just a way for cyber conmen to line their pockets.

mickythenose - I've seen some research that is a little similar to the physics article, and it will be interesting to see how all of this new research pans out.  The physics article reminds me a little of some of the newer research with liver dialysis machines that use, I think, albumin - as a means of sorbtion - not sure its albumin, someone else may have better info about these machines - but its not touting an eradication of hcv (or hiv) at present:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2008/0602-cleaning_infected_blood.htm

A patent I saw for one of the liver dialysis machines in, I believe, Japan - this was last year that I saw this, talked about using it along with a possible much shorter course of tx drugs, including interferon.  Its interesting technology, but I think it would probably be an unfortunate long way off even if it pans out.  They would have to do studies, and make sure there aren't any long term effects on patients that are critical.  Also, there aren't many liver dialysis units out there at this time, and I don't know enough about them to even know if many of them could be used in this manner or in these experiments, or if they would need to be modified first, or if completely new machines would need to be built.  Its interesting though.  
is their def signs of liver (BEGINING LIVER FAILER)  thanks for feed back on rib pain
To the forum. I never intended to offend anyone in the forum. I posted information that I thought may be of interest to some. In return it was insinuated that my post was tantamount to "smakeoil" claims etc. and that any investigation was a waste of time.
I am a 2x non-responder to the accepted treatment of Interferon/ribo bundle. If I am to accept that looking for anything beyond that particular treatment is a waste of time than I have effectively accepted a death warrant. I am not ready to do that and prefer to be a pro-active participant in my disease.

I am not a big fan of the drug companies. This comes from conversations with my doctor. The company that manufactures the original Interferon/ribo bundle kept filing questions with the FDA regarding the bundling of Peg with Ribo. These questions caused a release delay of the Peg/Ribo bundle by over a year. The bottom line was the bottom line. In that delay period how many people died? It was about the money, not lives.

The information that I posted is just a small fraction of the research available. To arbitrarily dismiss it is anyones choice. I personally will continue to search for alternatives. The accepted didn't work for me and I refuse to lay down and die because someone suggest that anything beyond drugs is snakeoil. Walk a mile in my shoes, or the shoes of others in this forum, then see how you feel about alternatives.

For those that are thinking of trying Meso Silver I will say that is a bad idea. Don't do it. And that is also from personal experience.
Ok already.  I think everyone gets the point.  You're aweful defensive and argumentative about the subject.  Who are you to judge products anyway?  Just because someone suggested taking mesosilver, you jump all over them and accuse them of being a fraud.  What is your problem?  Last I knew, people who post here are merely telling their opinion.  If someone chooses to listen, then so be it, and if they don't, that's fine also.  I think you're making too big of an issue over this.  I cannot believe some of the posts I read by people like you.  Who do you think you are?  Grow up, and get a life.
Have you guys ever watched Penn and Teller's show "Bullsh1t"?

they have a great one on alternative medicine.

sometimes you can see parts of these shows on youtube, but they are constantly being pulled by Showtime.

they are very eye opening.

bandman
this is cool..

http://www.aethlonmedical.com/technology/hemopurifier.htm

They developed for bio-terrorist attacks, but it could help lower viral loads, which might help the rib and interferon clear the virus.

way cool.
bandman

The Hemopurifier is very cool. They are going to try to get FDA approval for human trials in the US. Here is the link for a press release dated 10-14-08.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=95588&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1209152&highlight=

According to the WHO only about 30% to 50% respond to Interferon/Ribavirin treatment. This would be better. Indiscriminate reduction. Not Genotype sensitive.
Thanks for the info.
I have Hepatitis C and I began taking mesosilver a little over a year ago. A friend bought me the 5 gallon drum. I was not sure what I was taking but here are the symtoms (symptoms) I had before the treatment.
1.- A very tight pain in my right side just under the rib cage. It was swollen and had been swollen for years. It felt as if I had a baseball or a fist in me that would just press and push my side. As a result, I always had the urge to urinate but when I used the restroom, it was just an urge and sometimes I did not even have to go and or would just let out a few drops :( I am done, I finished my 5 gallon drum after a year and I am happy to say that the swelling is gone, no more pain, no more having the urge to pee and I even lost about 30 pounds as a result. All I can say is that this stuff works. I did not believe and it was not instant but I had this side ache for years and then after taking the mesosilver for about a year, I can say something is very different about me :)
I bumped on this thread by accident. I would like to add my theoretical comment (what I think) regarding silver (I never used/tried mesosilver). Just about silver products, do not know about other stuff talked in here. Now you could all call it BS but first check mesosilver site for more info that is quite detailed with info about what is 'mesosilver', coloidal silver, what is ionic silver,... You ever wandered why is it only bad thing you will ever here about using silver in some form (it was not mesosilver) is turning blue? And that guy that turned blue was making his custom 'silver something' (the way any normal person would not do) and using it for like 7 years and what happened to him? He just turned blue and was never ill in that period (remember he was not using mesosilver - you will not get blue from colloidal silver).  Now if you were sick (luckily I am not at this moment, remember this is all my theoretical comment) would you care if you turn blue (not possible to turn blue with mesosilver)??? Someone was talking about money for paying for silver product - hmm is money any good if you are sick or your days are so to say prematurely numbered? Regarding doctors knowledge about silver - do you really think they know anything about silver? Yeah right. Someone reading just this thread probably knows more about silver then 99.9% of doctors out there. Do you think they even know much about other drugs they give you? Yeah right, they know what they are told by drug companies.
What is my only concern is how can one be sure if mesosilver they sell (other sell ionic silver) is really what they say it is - distilled water and nano silver particles (with very little ionic part and no other stuff) made with proces they made themselves.
Well site info, how it is presented and persons behind it (owners?) make confidence (some physicist and chemist I believe).
Regarding what nano silver does - kills ALL known viruses and bacteria (yes that is proven fact) - that I have no problem in believing with all known info (from different sources). Check all the info about colloidal nano silver. But remember it kills all bacteria even good ones in your stomach (drink acidophilus, kefir - you should drink that evryday anyway - it is good for you). But it is small percentage of silver in this colloidal products - and you take it in small dosage and silver goes in your blood stream before getting directly in big dosage to stomach.
In my opinion it is worth exploring info about mesosilver on there site and site they link to - great info there.
Check theories on what is believed how nano silver acts on virus and bacteria to kill it,... and lot more info. It supposedly does not react with drugs you use so you can still use prescribed drug (well unless drug used acts in same mechanism virus and bacteria act, then silver probably kills it same way it kills real virus and bacteria).

And then if you decide to use mesosilver and get better, well then it will be just placebo as only drugs made by pharmaceutic companies can heal you (just in case, thats is sarcasm from me).

I would like to here more info from person saying he used mesosiler (was it mesosilver or some ionic silver from some other company?). What was bad from it? What was effect (do you know at first if you might fill even worst as body is doing much more cleaning as now there are lot more dead bacteria and virus in your body that need to be removed from your body, you need to drink more water then)?

I would really like to here some real first hand info about mesosilver, and hope it will not be made up stuff (be it good or bad).

So yes I am silver believer. I just wish postage for europe is not 5x the price of product itself (it has to be 1-2 day delivery so that it doesn't freeze completely during transport) so I could use it for cuts and local infections and whatever that needs virus and bacteria killing.

In any case explore, explore and explore about silver, do not just take anything for granted.
Run Forrest, run!
They have been showing up in droves lately haven't they?  Different song, same dance.
Field of Dreams:  If you build it they will come.
It must be spring!
I haven’t tried the Mesosilver yet but the Mesosgold works great. I actually laid the Golden Egg for the Kids to find on their Egg Hunt.
The economy is bad, scammers need to eat too.
Its not nice to kiss and tell!
You took the words out of my mouth.  I've been wondering about chuckles & george, they kinda bowed out when whatshisname bowed in.  

Denise
My money is on you Ricky.  What if I send you a 5 gal drum of mesoplatinum.  
I see some money in this but you'll have to hone your skills.  We need the extra extra large eggs.
seems like everything has been tried against this virus including colloidal silver.  HR, who holds patents involving quantifying hcv viral loads,  mentioned a while back that he was privy to an in vitro experiment involving hcv and silver.  the conclusion was that the silver did not seem to affect the virus.

i did not read all of the messages in this thread so i apologize if this has already been mentioned.
I've read quite a few threads on various types of colloidal silver.  I have never seen it substantiated that such products can do anything to a virus.  INDEED it is illegal for vendors to advertise that claim, since it has never been proven to be true.

Willy
We just may be on to something. I drank a gallon of Mesocopper last night and just laid a replica of The Statue of Liberty.
back in the day, the department of agriculture conducted studies on hundreds of species, with thousands of known minerals, vitamins and metals.

from those studies recommendations still in effect today include how much silver, gold, etc should be in an animals or humans diet..

when it comes to silver and gold, both are essential for life...both cause sickness if not present, however both are naturally occuring in soil and taken up by plants and animals so we get them as we eat out food. This system works best sice the amount that needs to exist in a human body is only a very few micrograms, not milligrams, micrograms, the smallest units of measure.

A few micrograms too few and you could be sick..or even die...and few too many and you could also get very sick and die.

there are no existing studies in pubmed on mesosilver...

My best guess would be if you would try drinking lead, or mercury, or any other heavy metal to cure this disease...then you should try this one...but if you understand that heavy metals can poison the liver, then you are risking a lot for an unproven cure.
By unproven I mean only the sellers of this stuff claim it works, and have fake testimonials....where's the real data...where are the doctors, hospitals, and trials proving it works....thye don't exist.
Some shyster is always going to try and sell snake oil to the unsuspecting.Preying on their desparate search for hope they grow rich while leaving strewn lives begind them.

There are some natural products known to help an ailing liver, I suggest you read up on them, but stay away from heavy metals even in diluted form.
Remember last century they were still treating syphylis with srsenic...it cure the syp, and left the victims sterile.....be careful choosing your poisons,

mb
Stay with the good supplements, diet and walking...and stay away from the colloidal silver and other 'miracle cures'.
On the surface, silver is a very good disinfectant and anti-bacterial as been proven but to take it?
Clorox does that too...but consider all the warnings on that.

It was brought up on a thread about hydrogen peroxide...food grade, I suspect.
Wouldn't do that either, even though a 40 year my senior..he is aged....well, the shingles he suffered from started to become more frequent, worse and unbearable.
He and wife went to a clinic in one of the few 'true cities' in the state and began a treament of iv peroxide with whatever else was in it and after a course of that the shingles have not come back.
Could be a fluke but he is more healthy and happy...no harm done and is more active than  a lot of us.

The collidal silver and that 'Miracle Mineral Supplement' are truly 'snake oil' and dangerous...in case you find that upon your searches.
It is sodium clorite...or cloride..the one used to kill pathogens in swimming pools, hot tubs....with acidic acid added to 'activate it'. But as the instructions say..don't breathe that! You can read it for yourself..and has books including an ebook.
Read about it on some sites and forums. Bad stuff with lots of claims and testimonials...cures everything from hangnails to hiv, malaria, hcv...everything... on the many sites on it...and found these sites to be owned or connected to the 'discoverer of this 'cure for all',, a Jim Humble.A questionable person.
People actually go through horrible sides that are commonly called 'herxing'...they are getting sick and many dangerously sick...some so alarming, i had to post to plead for them to stop to eas my own conscience..if I hadn't said anything.
It was obvious that gastro and liver problems were occuring....amongst other alarming sides.

Just be careful.
There are many..including honest appearing herbalist and alternative practioners who are out to massage your wallet and bank account.
It's understandable to feel afraid and desparate...but to do dangerous desparate things is not wise and shows that the fear and shock leaves one unable to use reasoning.
this goes for allopathic medicine as well.
Folks please don't beat me up.
have you had recent blood testing done? Ammonia levels?
Also...hcv does break the blood brain barrier...and since you did tx, that can affect brains as well as body...the whole central nervous system as well.
Bravo Canary....I liked it!!
“when it comes to silver and gold, both are essential for life...”

I was always under the impression that silver was NOT an essential mineral, or necessary micronutrient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronutrient
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromineral
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Bill
I like being fair..opened minded..not leaking minded lol.

Wonder though since the original post is old...this thread...the colloidal silver person gave up and went about elsewhere to promote that stuff and that electric zapper device..read about that too.
Sickness is a big business...and lots of scammers of all sorts..even those who mean well but are not knowledgeable who make out on it.
and wonder whatever happened to 'Larry"?
gray's according to Grays on Human Anatomy 1985 ed.
listed as present and essential...

oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, magnesium, iron, fluorine, zinc, silicon, rubidium, strontium, bromine, lead, copper, aluminum, cadmium, cerium, barium, iodine, tin, titanium, boron, nickel, selenium, chromium, manganese, arsenic, lithium, cesium, mercury, germanium, molybdenum, cobalt, antimony, silver, niobium, zirconium, lanthanum, gallium, tellurium, yttrium, bismuth, thallium, indium, gold, scandium, tantalum, vanadium, thorium, uranium, samarium, beryllium, tungsten

All metallic minerals are capable of also being in an ionic form and when in an ionic solution , are capable of conducting electricity through the solution . This is essential to human health. Metallic elements are also capable of being in several non-metallic forms.

the agricultural studies I've mentioned did studies withdrawing and overdosing each mineral in livestock and came up with micrograms essential for life...

I don't have those studies anymore. Not sure where one would finf them now....they were done 60 years ago.
mb

look up low dose naltrexone, some people are having success
Personally i would prefer to stick with the meso silver if it's working but the LDN is the next least harmful and still possible to work.

LDN hs work for a freinds allergies , no side effects -mumawcr

I agree, especially if you have tons of it stacked in the bank.
Actually, no, I have not heard of this as a treatment or a cure for Hep C virus.  I have heard that Mesosilver can turn your skin blue.  Sorry, that's all I know about it.

Susan400
perhaps if we use the mesosilver and blueberry leaves we can all dress up as a smurf for Halloween.....that's about the only benefit coming from this one and since this thread is SO OLD if in any way this garbage did to anything except suck the silver and gold out of your bank account well people would know about it by now and it would be proven and nobody would bother with silly old interferon and ribavirin and PIs and looney tooney things like that that actually do kill the virus and CURE the person right?

I did like looking at the names of the people though Cuteus, Calfia real real old timers....and GB I never realized has been around for this long.  God the time FLIES straight into the mesosphere huh.
Larry,

I have used Meso Silver for over a year now and I swear by it!  I admit I was skeptical at first, but the end results have changed my mind.  I am 61 years old and have had chronic bronchitis and occasionally pneumonia each winter of my life.  And it usually lasted for three to four months, each time.  Last winter was the first year I did not have it, or even a head cold.
The bronchitis I always had was viral and the doctors treated it with antibiotics, knowing they would not work on a virus.  If antibiotics worked on viruses, there would be no colds, no aids, etc.  
I am here to tell you that silver WILL kill viruses and bacteria.  The FDA is being paid by the pharmaceuticals to keep this under raps.  I am convinced that colloidal silver would prevent the spread of the swine flu also.  But the FDA won't let the silver companies advertise this fact.
Colloidal silver has never caused a case like the "blue man."  It is homemade and other kinds of silver that have caused that.  I have taken a spoonful of silver per day (sometimes more) for over a year now, and I am certainly not blue.  When I am in public gatherings or exposed to someone who is ill, I will up my dosage to 3 spoonfuls per day for a week.  Occasionally, during the summer, I will not take any for a month.  
I have also used it to heal burns, sores on skin, my daughters acne and I spray it on my lilac bush for powdery mildew.  
I am currently using it to ward off the flue.  
Wow, that's the post I've been waiting for. I'm got out today to get vats of it today.

Thanks KY!
Am I the only one thinking "silver bullion on a rope" here? Let's see, a one ounce bar of silver, a 1/8th"" drill bit, drill and a piece of string ( for retrieval). Can be worn as a necklace, but upon sensing a threat such as
shadey looking  lilac bush --off the neck and up the arse..
not sure about anything anymore!  but I remember my nan did not have a fridge and she used to put a silver threepence in the milk and it would keep fresher longer also I just watched that guy robert beck on his utube vidio after reading all your forum and he said it kept blood living for longer.... bit like me nans milk also me dad had a huge silver plate in his head 6x4 inch a result of ww2 shot up in a lancaster bomber lost a lot of brain so he suffered epilepsy but he drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney and had to take all the prescription drugs for years he never turned blue and he only died at 84 cause he fell over and no body found him for three days his kidneys failed in the hospital because he had not had a drink for so long.
I went through the Interferon/Ribivirin therapy and knocked the virus out.  Unfortunately, it was back within a month.

I went to a naturpath doctor and learned of some alternative methods of treatment. IV treatments with glutathione (weekly), an antioxidant. Or you may choose to do respiratory therapy and inhale the glutathione (25 minutes per day). I decided against these options.  However, they are to be remembered if I worsen.

However, I am using the HonSo 09 by KAMPO--Minor Bupleurum Formula.  You must be a medical practitioner to order www.honsoUSA.com

I use Nutrient 950 w/o copper or iron (www.purecaps.com).  You must be medical practitioner to order.

Supplements:
- N-Acetyle-L-Cystseine (N-A-C)
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid
- Milk Thistle

I started taking diuretics because I was retaining water.

I am going to have acupuncture when I get out to see my daughter-in-law.  Mostly for the pain.

Keeping a  check on my BP and am desperately trying to lose weight.

I will say this to the people who use and support the use of MesoSilver.  Quit trying to convince the other people on this thread about it's effectiveness.  They won't believe it... ever.  And that's fine.  While they sit there and spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on "real" medical treatments; we will spend our few hundred dollars a year on something that really works.  We will stay healthy while they will keep jumping from one treatment to the next thinking "this time it will work."

They will talk about the blue guy.  Yes, a guy who made his own silver brew(bad idea) and then, daily, drank 200 times the recommended dosage(worse idea) turned blue.  Ahh the sky is falling it must be quack medicine.  Yet at this link is the list of side effects for the "safe medical treatment" http://www.hepatitis.va.gov/vahep?page=prtop04-cs-01#S8X.  After looking over that list, turning blue doesn't seem so bad.

I don't know if it is good for Hep C.  I don't know much about Hep C.  But I do know it works.  There are bad Colloidal Silver companies out there that make bad products that are not helpful and may actually be harmful.  MesoSilver, however, is one of the good ones.  I've tried three different SIlver products (TriMedica, SilverBiotics and MesoSilver) and MesoSilver is the most effective.  It has been far and away better for my son's sinus infection than the doctor prescribed/recommended Claritan, Singulair, Flonase(I love Flonase they have a disclaimer that states they don't know why Flonase is effective they just know it is), Nasonex. and Zyrtec.  Each time one failed to work the doctor would just say "Well, let's try this..."  And when you read the books that accompany each prescription with side effects, long term effects, etc.  How anyone can claim "medical treatment" as safe is beyond me.

If you really want to upset the those that oppose the use of Colloidal Silver ask them questions like:

If Colloidal Silver is not safe than why is a silver particle  balm used in over 90% of the burn centers in the US? A:  Because Silver combats the most types of bacteria, is effective in low doses and has not side effects.

Why do doctors use a Silver Nitrate solution to reduce infection after surgery?  A:  Because Silver has proven the best option against staff.

Why do farmers use Colloidal Silver as an anti-biotic for their livestock?  Answer because it's more effective than anything in the cillin family.

If it is not safe why does NASA use it?

They will direct you to the "Blue guy".  And they may even mention the 11 other cases that have surfaced in the last five years.  You can combat the safety issues with items like 400 people a year die from amoxicillin.  Or that over 100,000 people die each year from Pharmacist error and medical malpractice.  But they would rather risk dying than turning blue.

And I don't have any term alerts through google but I did reply to this thread only because of the discussion of MesoSilver and the idiocy that is prevalent in the thread.
You're right about one thing, you don't know much about HCV.  It's  a virus, not bacteria.
Well spoken.There are lots of natural ways to treat and prevent diseases,For example oil of oregeno is great for fighting colds and even the swine flu.No offence to anyone on this site,but it just seems the whloe world is brainwashed into believing pharma drugs is the only way to go.Dont the masses know 80% of all pharma drugs are synetised from plant sources.This is what causes the terrible side effect when plants are  altered genetically to make them more potent and addictive.Sure,we do nedd pharma dugs in certain situations,but come on,every is poping a pill for everything imaginable...who ever thoiught to pop a pill to get and erection and now theres a pill for women too.
Did I say Hep C is a bacterium and not viral?  Or are you just trying to make yourself appear smarter because you don't have much else to say?

Maybe you are just making an assumption because my personal experience has been with a bacteria?  Although , research does show that colloidal silver is as effective against viral infections as bacterial and fungi.
the first post to this thread says the poster takes   SAM  E  what is that please?
And that reseach proving the effectiveness against the hepatits c virus is located where???
SAMe is S-adenosylmethionine. It is a buiding block for the cell membranes. People with liver disease take this supplement to improve the condition of liver cells.  
Coffeedrinker it's obvious you don't know FLGuy as he is one of the most respected members on this forum.  

If you want to take mesosilver thats fine but do not expect anyone to look at this thread which is almost five years old and not realize that there is NO PROOF whatsoever that this stuff does anything except waste your money while on the other hand interferon and ribavirin have been PROVEN to cure hepatitisc - even Rocker who is quite the conspiracy theorist.

A five year old thread that still has no data to back it up?  that seems to say EVERYTHING.

thank you
You're correct in stating that silver is a proven, effective, approved anti-bacterial and is extremely useful in burn treatmet centers. To state that "colloidal silver is as effective against viral infections as bacterial and fungi" loses you credibility.
The onothread is back up... Let's go and gobble the stuff and become a smurf...

Who wants to be which smurf?

I'll be sleepy smurf
This post is ancient.

I think the collodial silver thing is a scam.
I also believe in the power of belief.
Placebos work because people believe they do.
As for me, I'm sticking to drinking coffee:)
OH
NYgirl - after reading a lot of posts in this thread and others it is not hard to see why FIGuy is a respected poster.

Is that really all you can come up with?  I clearly stated I don't know if it's effective for Hep C.  Sorry, just the research I've read shows it's effective against viral diseases.  The research is out there.  I will give one quote from Larry C. Ford from UCLA

Based on laboratory tests with colloidal silver, destructive bacteria, virus, and fungus organisms are killed within minutes of contact, Larry C. Ford, M.D, of the Department of Ohstetrics and Gynecology, UCLA School of Medicine, Center For The Health Sciences reported in a letter dated November 1, 1988, "I tested them (the silver solutions) using standard antimicrobial tests for disinfectants. The silver solutions were antibacterial for concentrations of 10' organisms per ml. of Streptococcus Pyogenes, Staphylococcus Aurcus, Neisseria Gonorrhea, Gardnerella Vaginalis, Salmonella Typhi, and other enteric pathogens, and fungicidal for Candida Albicans, Candida Globata, and M. Furfur."

The research is out there and has been for a long time.  It doesn't matter how old this thread is the issue is still relevant and still subject to a lot of misinformation.
The Hepatitis researcher that used to post on the forum said that he had colloidal silver tested against the virus in a lab and it showed absolutely no effect .  This particular Dr. was very open minded about natural supplements that might help but he didn't think the silver would do anything to stop HCV.
It does kill bacteria,this is a FACT,but another FACT is it will not kill the hepatitis virus,maybe other types of virsues maybe i dont know about.Ive never heard of anyone claiming it cured them from hep,not yet anyway.
Yes I tried it. It did nothing to help with the Hepatitis but did help with my tan. please see my picture.
So there's no "proof" that colloidal silver works?  No test results, etc...?  Well, the proof is actual cases of successes, and the test results, actual cases where they worked...not lab trials.

There are no "test results" for colloidal silver and other natural "alternative" healers because the FDA, the pharmaceutical industry, and the medical industry are in cahoots with the government to disallow it!  It would take too much money out of the pill-pushers' pockets if they were proven to work!  Talk about "snake oil salemen" taking your money!!!  Who does THAT more than the medical and pharmaceutical industries???  How much more expensive can it be to get medical treatment than it is now?  And you spout your garbage about spending a little for something natural that's worked for centuries?  Doctors are given very little training in medical school about nutrition, nor are pharmacists, and they know very little about things that the health professionals at health food stores know.

I don't have hepatitis C, but I have been battling cellulitis for nearly 4 months now, with the use of four different antibiotics, one right after the other because the bacteria would build up an immunity to one, so I'd have to go on another.  None of them made any difference in the infection, but they did make me very ill--especially one called Cleocin, or its generic, Clindamycin, which caused side effects my pharmacist told me can be irreversible or even fatal.  (He told me this, by the way, AFTER I'd experienced horrible side effects and called him about it.)

No brochure came with this "medicine," and the prescribing doctor didn't warn me of any possibly debilitating side effects.  (Great medical protocol!)  After three and a half months of taking these various antibiotics one after the other, I was no better, so I decided to go off of these supposedly "safe prescription medicines" and give my body a chance to recuperate.

I've since gone on colloidal silver, and only after doing so did I begin to see some improvement.  I have a ways to go, but at least there is improvement, and I feel FAR better physically.  At least I can keep my head up at work, which I couldn't do while on the pharma.  And no, I'm not turning blue--which only happens if one takes a suspension that has particles so big they become trapped in the skin, or drinks it in ridiculous quantities.  Those are the only cases on record in which that has happened.  Unlike medicine, IF TAKEN AS DIRECTED, there are no side effects of these natural remedies.

And as far as your "post hoc ergo propter hoc" nonsense is concerned--which term you overused, probably to try to appear intelligent--isn't that precisely the type of rationale used in "clinical testing" to "prove" that a given medicine works-- "After this, then this happened"?  Think about it.  And you said you would try any alternative remedy for eternity if you thought it could work and wouldn't cause the side effects you experience on your medicine, or words to that effect.  Really?  Then why not actually check it out for yourself, give it the chance you've given the medicine you've been on for how many times--22?--and see what happens?  Apparently,  the "medicine" hasn't helped...at least, you haven't declared that it has.  And it makes you feel like ****!  How much worse could the colloidal silver, or oil or oregano, or any other natural remedy, be?

How much worse could it be to try something natural...that people have been using successfully for centuries (talk about proof), and see if it works, instead of stubbornly arguing for days on end that it's a hoax, etc.?  That doesn't make any sense to me, or probably to any other thinking person.  Why would someone NOT want to try something natural that works WITH the body instead of against it, which God put on this earth for our good, instead of something manufactured that works against the body instead of with it?  Makes no sense to me.

And you, who quoted the amounts of the minerals that are supposed to be present in our bodies:  In what amounts are pharmaceuticals  supposed to be present in our bodies?  Does Gray's give you that information?  Tell me why they should be preferred, especially in light of the endless lists of side effects they cause?

Medicines and doctors may have their place, but much more so do natural minerals and herbs given to us by the Creator for our good.  Even so, the medical industry and doctors' place is not everywhere, at all times.
Blah, blah, blah…

None of the people that arrive in this forum in defense of these silver products (as they pertain to viral management) provide citations to published, peer-reviewed articles; can anyone guess why :o)?

Bill
Pharma drugs treat the symptomm,thats it,they DO NOT prevent disease,some pharma drugs do cure like the SOC drugs,but with awful side effects,  natural "drugs" and herbs plants,supplements prevent disease and in some cases cure illnesses without side effects.
Most pharma drugs are synethised, from plant sources to make them more potent, but also with more side effects .
ill stick with my freezed dried blue green alage(stem enhance).and my cydcorps mushroon extracts
And you give credibility to the medical industry, based on "citations to published peer-reviewed articles," in view of all they've done to bilk the masses of a fair portion of their living, as witnessed by thousands??  My, how very naive you are.  The healthcare system in this country alone is a joke, and you're relying on "citations to published peer-reviewed articles"!?

As I said in paragraph 2 of my blog, there are no "test results" for these natural remedies--which have been found to work for centuries,-- specifically because the medical industry (yes, I said INDUSTRY)  and the pharmaceutical industry are in cahoots with the government to prevent it...ironically, because they're in it for the money, as the "snake-oil salesmen" are accused of being.

Nine times out of ten, when I go to my doctor and he prescribes something, it's trial and error because he doesn't any more than I do what will work.  "But let's try it anyway, and if it doesn't work, come back to me and give me more money, then we'll prescribe something else expensive to put more money in the pharmacist's pocket."  (You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours....)  Well, he doesn't say that, but we all know that's how it works.  And that's true of many doctors, not just mine.

So unless you've tried the silver or any other natural thing, don't make me laugh about your "citations to published peer-reviewed articles."  The citations of people I know, for whom these remedies have worked, are good enough for me.  I trust my friends more than the medical "profession"--"professing" to be in it to help people, having taken their "hypocritical" oath.

As you said, "blah, blah, blah"--and that goes for your "citations" as well.  My citation is as good or better than theirs.
To anyone who really wants to know, I can't say for sure that colloidal silver kills viruses (nor that it doesn't, because I don't remember).  But research it yourself, and if you find that it's not an antiviral, you might want to try oil of oregano, which reportedly is the most potent herbal antibacterial, ANTIVIRAL, antibiotic, and antifungal there is.  But at least check them both out and don't just rely on the rantings of ignorant people too stubborn to at least do research on these things, relying solely on the word of the medical profession, as if they were trustworthy and the last word on health.  I wish you the very best in your quest for something that works.  
Oil of oregeno killed my flu i had 5 years ago within hours,never had one ever since.I have to say tho i dont knock BIG PHARMA  totally because with the boceprevir i would not have cleared my hep C , this is one good drug they have and also the SOC drugs are needed,but i do know there are way too much drugs prescribed for too may aliments that we can prevent and even cure in certain instances with just plain healthy living and we dont need a pill for every ill.
You say that you don't have hepatitis C and don't know if colloidal silver works to kill hepatitis C virus. People on this board have this disease. Many treated or are currently treating with interferon and ribavirin; many are feeling really bad. Hepatitis C is our every day reality. It is not sinus infection, burn, or flu. If you don't have evidence that colloidal silver kills this particular virus-what is the point of posting? This is serious, life-threatening disease and a sensitive subject for us.

There is no evidence at all that colloidal silver works for hepatitis C virus. Not even anecdotal evidence. I am very open towards alternative options, and I don't worship pharma companies and doctors. I am often sceptical about clinical trials; many of them are not perfectly done. But the reality is-colloidal silver doesn't work for hepatitis C. It doesn't kill hepatitis C virus-even in the lab.

For many people here time is precious. You can not tell them-try this, try that, because it is natural. We want to do something that is proven to work.

I read a story on line about a couple that both were infected with hepatitis C. Both did colloidal silver for 6 months-and their viral load went up. They went to the person they bought it from in their city, yelled at him, and demanded their money back.  I have yet to see at least one colloidal silver success story-not provided by the seller of this product, but from independent source. I would like to see the story of substantial reduction of viral load. But there is no such story. If you know somebody who was successful, ask him/her to post their experience and viral load.
You're not the only one who turned into a smurf, look at my picture...
Are those high black boots legal?...you look lik Donna Summer in that pic with you wild hair.
lol... I used to have a lot of hair... I hope it will come back.

Never got those Manolo boots... :-(   Got my money back though...

Colloidal silver sure has all the earmarkings of "snake oil", testamonials, no peer reviewed data, touted as panacea, etc. But what the heck, if it makes you feel good, go nuts! Makes me a little blue, though.
Here's a different angle. I've spent a year researching different types of energy healings. I'm a very left-brain,skeptical individual. A month ago I decided to travel to Cali. to take a course on 'Pranic Healing'. It is an 'energetic therapy'. It is based on the law that the body can heal itself if it has the correct fuel. This includes clean air, food, and energy. Science has proven we have a bio-energy field, in ancient cultures they call it an Aura. To cut to the chase, before the 2 day course was over I had used the healing to put out a rageing case of heartburn I developed in my motel room in about 7 minutes without taking anything. I wasn't sure at first if it was just mind over matter, but after 4 weeks of using what I learned, there are to many real results on my family and others to deny it works. Go to
( your hands can heal you.com) Read the testimonies and watch the videos. You can also call them and see if there is a practioner in your area.  The course is given by Master Stephen Co. You will not be disappointed.
This is a scam alert to anyone using or thinking of using Mesosilver, by Purest Colloids.  Below is a like to a brief expose on a website called ripoffreport.com. For years this product has claimed to be the best, but it keeps changing colors.  For years it was black (probably mostly silver oxide), unlike all other CS products, and claimed it was because theirs was the best and the black color was due to how small their silver nanoparticles are; then MediSILVER came on the scene (which appears orange when backlit) and now the internet adds for Mesosilver show it with an orange color - copying MediSILVER.  Purest Colloids spends unknown amounts of money advertising on the web to convince everyone that Mesosilver is the best money can buy.  The link below exposes that Purest Colloids owns the very same "independent, unbiased research organizations" they cite as having evaluated all the colloidal silver products (their competition) and having picked Mesosilver as the best - time and time again...this is absolute fraud!  Do some digging on the web and you will see that a class action law suit is being put together against Purest Colloids and the FDA is hot on their trail as well.  Here is the link promised:  

http://www.ripoffreport.com/drug-manufacturers/silver-colloids-com/silver-colloids-com-colloidal-55eea.htm

Lets stop others from being scammed any longer by Purest Colloids and their Mesosilver!!!
Thank you for posting. I completely agree with you.
seriously???
you are basing your comments and opinion on a link by some random guy named James in College Station,Texas ?
I have used the MesoSilver for the past five years to help speed wound healing and in place of using pharmaceutical antibiotics... I am not blue ;) and have been very happy with the results of using the colloidal silver and will continue to do so....  .
..but, to each their own!
To each their own indeed. I only had a few capfuls of CS for a few days in Aug and a few in Nov, and now I'm having grey in and out of my hands, headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, and the sides of my fingers may have permanent nerve damage.

I suggest you not push your luck. It may be too late by then.