Hepatitis C Community
Having trouble eating~~~

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Having trouble eating~~~

Geez, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be...

I am having a difficult time eating. I am taking 40 mg of Nexium, twice a day and is finally helping with the gagging while eating. Now I have the skitters (runs) for the fifth day so when I do manage to eat the food runs right through me. I have been able to drink plenty of water but feel weaker and weaker. I am also doing so much better mentally and emotionally; been taking 25 mg of Zoloff. I have been having some stomach pain and constapation. I am taking 1000mg of rib and I am in week five of tx. Genotype 1a and VL~17million. My doctor doesn't want to cut back the rib but I really feel knocked out from it...extremely tired.

What is good to eat that I can get down without feeling like vomitting? I am managing some instant oatmeal, dried toast, and yogurt.  Will this side effect get better????????
...NEVER thought I would say...I would have to force myself to eat;good thing I needed to loose some weight anyway <grin>

Thanks for your help...Luckie2    
i don't drink or smoke...not the problem for me anyway. personally drinking alcohol with hep would be commiting suicide. Luckie~~ Thanks again everyone!
sorry you are going thru this. i'm sick to my stomch most of the time. I've lost 40lbs at week 6 and didn't need to. What I have had the most luck w/is slim fast am/slim fast in the afternoon if i can handle it, then chicken noodle soup for dinner when i can handel that. Anything else just seems like i swallowed a brick and makes me sick. I wish you the best. Hope you start to feel better. Peace, Kelly.