Hepatitis C Community
Health Tourism
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Health Tourism

Hi there...Just wanted to ask. How would someone apply to receive treatment for Hep C using the newer generations of Protease Inhibitors offered in countries like the US? Can a Person apply to stay there during treatment? Is it possible to have a support person stay with you while receiving treatment? Will the US allow you to buy these forms of medicine from outlets on its soil? Your thoughts or knowledge surrounding this topic would be greatly appreciated...

Kind Regards TM4N  
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
6749350_tn?1401984005
High as Heading says i got a 6 month ultrasound  scan tom of liver what kind of questiond should i be askin person doin scan  as i have completed  48 weeks interferon/ribavarin still undetected go next month and  hopefully 3 month svr . Always told significant liver damage but dont know grade etc so what questions should i be askin scanner thanks in advance  all yous good people on this great siite
                  Geo
Blank
6749350_tn?1401984005
oops sorry TM4N
Blank
683231_tn?1392746464
The ultrasound technician is generally not permitted to discuss their opinion of your ultra sound test only a Doctor is permitted to interprete your results you will have to discuss with your doctor.

You can however request a copy of your results so you can research what the doctors findings were. Also you could ask a new question here about what the report says and we can try to figure it out here but we are not docters here just other patients like your self

Good luck
Lynn
Blank
683231_tn?1392746464
Hi TM4N

Can you get a referal from your doctor to a US Physician? That would be one way to start I would think. Or what city are you looking to go to? You could find a hepaatologist associated with a liver transplant hospital in that city and contact them for their recommendations.

As far as travel that would be through the State department do people from  your country need a visa to enter the US? Again I would think th eUS Hepatologists office staff may know about that as well.

You would need a prescription to purchase the medicine.

What country are you in? Is there a city you ar planning to travel to?

Good Luck
Lynn
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703