I was diagnosed with Hep C about 2 years ago, and genotyped 1b. Because I have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis my doctor recommended I do not have Interferon treatment. Are there any other options at this point or do I just wait until another treatment becomes available? Are there any other drugs in clinical studies at this time? My ALT and AST's are in the 70's.
A lot of us here have autoimmune diseases - possibly caused by the hep c itself. Nonetheless, we have treated, often with difficulty. I had to stop halfway through tx, but will know Monday if I'm SVR (I think I probably am, because my liver enzymes have been normal since week 4 of tx). My hepatologist worked closely with my rheumatologist, and I took non-steroidal meds for my condition (a form of scleroderma). Tx may be possible for you, but you have to work with real experts. Good luck.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.