Hep C and pre employment physical exam
I have been tested positive for the hep c atibody. I have no viral load or any problem. Its been like that for over 10 years. I consider myself lucky. I was told by the doctor that I am one of the few that has the antibody but not the ...sickness. But I am worried because I am trying to get a job as a Psychiatric Technician at a state hospital in california and they are going to do a physical exam and a blood test. On the questionar it asks me if I have or ever had hepatitis. Should I say yes even though I was never sick? Will they test for it and find out? Can they disqualify me from the job if I say yes or they find the antibody? I guess thats more then one question. I hope someone out there has some answers.
When working in a medical profession It is my understanding that you need to be honest and forthright, Especially if you know they are testing for it and will find it. AND  NO they can not diqualify you because of it or they can be sued. THAT WOULD BE DISCRIMINATION.  I can only tell you if it were me I would answer honestly and truthful.  COME what may.
Best of luck to you and you will find everyone here has an opinion but in the end it's your decision.  GOOD LUCK  Hun.
Pat
If you have had the antibodies but no viral load for ten years then you DO NOT HAVE HEPATITIS.  You did get exposed to it at one time BUT your bodies immune system beat it off and killed it.  

I would say NO I DO NOT HAVE HEPATITIS because it is the honest answer. Nobody is going to test you for it shoot they dont even test us people who do have it enough.

you won't be lying because you don't have the disease.

end of story.

I agree...you dont have the virus....if you say you ,you are lying...you just ave the anti-bodies...so if you say you have the virus,and you dont.....you are the liar
Can you have someone contact the state to ask about the policy?  For instance, if a person contacted the state to ask about employment and raised a question based on a hypothetical situation, the state would not connect the call to your application, and you would know what answer they require.  Then, if necessary, you can comsider your response carefully.