Hep C commercial
I heard a HCV awareness commercial while listenening to "iheart" radio today.  Not sure if it was a regional commercieal from the station I was listening to or if they sell ads themselves.  Pretty cool, as it's the first I've ever heard.
Very encouraging news..I hope to one day hear it on National TV regularly until everyone knows the details of this disease~

Thanks for sharing.
Its on tv and the radio in ny
I’m not looking to see any major publicity in the near future. I think it would cause a panic and everyone would get tested. If everyone got tested, Lord only knows how many people would be positive. With the high cost of tx, insurance companies would go bankrupt. I’ve often wondered, after having so much blood work through out my life (including multitudes of so called physicals) not once did they test for HCV. I think once a cheaper Treatment is found, we will see more promotion for HCV testing.
i hope we hear more about to educate all the ignorant people out there.  we're not all former drug users nor do we have tattoos.  we're just regular people who got tainted blood.  thanks for letting us know.  best wishes.  belle
Hmmm I have tatoo's and yes I made some bad choices 25 yrs ago but really didn't realize that I wasn't a regularl person, thanks for the info.

What exactly is a "regular person"??
Ask GoofyDad. I think it has something to do with fiber and prunes.
"Ask GoofyDad. I think it has something to do with fiber and prunes."

LOL That really was good
lol ..  When I typed that I knew it would only be a matter of time before Goof responded ...  you beat him to it :0)

<<<<<< Giving belle19 the “benefit of doubt.” She is going through tx, I believe she just didn’t choose her words wisely, and it didn’t come out the way she intended.
I live in British Columbia,Canada. I am on treatment right now (SOC) and am home with the T.V on quite a lot...I have seen a commercial for liver disease and the different ways of contracting it. It doesn't mention Hep C..but does say to get tested for fatal liver disease. I am happy to see something about it. I have been seeing many different medical professionals in the past few months and am amazed at how many people in this field know very little about Hep C and the treatment available for it. This has shown me how important it is for the word to be put out there about Hep C and the treatment that is saving so many lives.
i'm sorry if i offended anyone on this forum.  it wasn't intended to hurt people.  i am on tx and sometimes i say things backward and kind of awkward.  please forgive me for the comment.  belle
p.s. thanks r glass for your comment.
I also agree that there should be more information.  There should be more screening for hepatitis and more education available.  My husband's brother had Hepatitis (don't know what kind, but suspect Hep C), went through some type of treatment for hepatitis that apparently didn't work, and developed liver cancer and had a successful liver transplant a few years ago.  My husband has Hep C, but is worried about telling anyone in his family, because he doesn't want them to worry, so we trudge through treatments (on third treatment now), and he doesn't let them know.  No one in his family talks about hepatitis or encourages anyone to ask for any type of screening. I worry about his younger brothers who probably have never been tested.  A friend at work just lost her husband who had been through SOC for Hep C a few years ago, didn't work, then developed bladder cancer, went through cancer treatment last year, and then developed all kinds of medical issues and died ultimately of liver failure.  All of his symptoms for the 4 months prior to his death point to end stage liver, although his other health problems (post chemo symptoms) kind of confused things.  I think the general population needs to have a better understanding of Hep C, ask for screening instead of just waiting for odd liver function tests to suggest the need, and have more information out there available so that people understand that if they don't have Hep C, there are some risks that they can choose not to take.  I think that probably many people with Hep C shouldn't need to be afraid to tell their loved ones and family and those of us who don't have Hep C should be knowledgeable and informed enough to know that once someone finds out they have it, it doesn't matter now how they got it, it only matters that they talk to their doctor, monitor their health, and treat.  If more people had more knowledge, maybe this wouldn't be such a disease of isolation for those who have it.
Advocate 1955
very well stated.  thank you for that.  belle