Hep C-the uninsurable...?
I know this is an old, OLD thread, but I am hoping that somewhere down the line, someone was able to get life insurance after being diagnosed.  My husband has been and his doctor says that he should get coverage under a term life policy as soon as he can.  

I cannot seem to find anyone who is even willing talk to him.  He feels like such an outcast and thoroughly depressed over the whole thing.

Has anyone had any luck?
I think maybe there was one person who said that they were doing it but honestly, the odds are not good.  At best you'd have to pay a ton for it most likely.  Insurance companies seem to like to pretend we are only in remission and not cured. I don't believe he can get it though if he is not cured.....and the antibodies will always be present to be a tattletale on us.

I'd like to find out otherwise though - as a single mom I really could use it myself.

Tell your husband to come on in and read some posts - we all mostly felt like outcasts when we found out we had the disease.  But in here heck everybody understands exactly how he's feeling.  

Without this forum I never would have made it through treatment - I would have given up sitting in my room isolated from the world.  But these guys wouldn't let me. As much as I wanted to drown they kept throwing me that life preserver.  Now we're all in the boat together.

IS your husband on a good antidepressent? They can help a lot. I was on one for the whole course of treatment (72 weeks) and a bit after. I think it saved my life too.

Good luck.
We get on together.  He has this overwhelming allergy to computers and technology, haha!  We actually started a local support group in our area and he is ver committed to it.  Currently he is waiting to be listed for transplant.