Hepatitis C Community
Hep Panel Results

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hep Panel Results

Hey everyone I'm back with results. As most of you would have guessed I'm HCV negative. However, the results showed I had immunity to Hep A & B. Does this mean I am infected or simply that I have the antibodies to protect from future infection?

Also, the Hep B surface antigen was 1.35. What does that mean?

It was actually the Hep B surface antibody that had 1.35.
Yep only immunity. You do not have any type of hepatitis. Go live your life.
If you are positive for the surface antibody, you are both immune and non-contagious for the Hep B virus.  Being positive for the surface antibody means you were either exposed at one time and cleared it or you were vaccinated for it.  (Please don't obsess about that, just be grateful.  It means no vaccination is required and you do not HAVE Hep B.)

Now you are definitively clear of Hep A, B and C.  Congratulations and carry on in ways that don't put you or others at risk.

Trish