Hepatitis C Community
Hep and subutex

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hep and subutex

I currently have and have had hep C 4 about 8 years.Ive been through no treatment because i have no insurence, I use too be a heavey drug user unfortrounlly thats how i got it. Now my question is it safe for me to take subutex? Or should i switch. I havent told my sub doc yet,so any advice or an answer would be allsome.
It safe to use subutex/subuxone and methadone + benzodiazepines. These drugs are
not hard to the liver, and people who take these drugs have the same result to the hep C treatment. In europe you have to use these drugs, and stop with heroine and another drugs who not are controlled by the goverment. When we get these drugs from goverment we also must give urine-test, so they know that you do not use another drugs.
I've been taking suboxone/subutex for seven years or so.  At one point there was an article about how it might be a downside for us to be cured. A friend of mine on the same stuff failed the first time (thank God later SUCCEEDED) but I got SVR the first time.  I've been cured for three years now.

I have to admit though that I had to do 72 weeks because I didn't clear fast enough. However, I believe that was due to my immune system already being ramped up and not the drugs. I'll never know.

Still - given the choice drugs or sub's and treatment - I'd advise go for the treatment and subs every time. Those pills saved my life and kept me on the straight and narrow.  Now that I'm withdrawing from them slowly but surely..........I'm very very grateful for them.

I think your sub doc will be happy for you to do treatment - mine was ecstatic.

Subs are a life saver. Don't ever let anybody convince you otherwise. What good is a liver if your dead from an OD or liver failure from drugs and booze? None.

GOOD LUCK.
I have hep c an my sub dr was also my fam dr (at the time)he is the one who tested me for hep an said my blood levels were really high an i needed to get treatment right away so he sent me off to a liver specialest an this Dr sent me to get alot more blood work done b4 I could get the treatment, My blood work came back an the liver specialest asked me if I had already started the treatment because my levels had droped to a normal level, this has been over 2 yrs ago an I feel tired an depressed all the time, I still take suboxin but don't get it from a dr I heard subutex is better for ppl that have hep c i just now got insurince back so I need to get this all takin care of b4 its too late, so I guess I have 2 questions what does everyone think about my levels droping when I never started treatment??? an If my levels are still the same should i be taking suboxin or subutex????
Hi there,

I’m not particularly well informed in regard to Suboxone, but wanted to suggest you repost this question by going to the top of the page and clicking on the green ‘post question’ button. The post you tagged onto was started last year; you’ll get more thoughts if you open a new thread. Be sure to use the term ‘Suboxone’ in the title.

Good luck,

Bill