Hepatitis C Community
Hep c scare

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hep c scare

Sorry for being long winded last November I was diagnosed with chlamydia and treated I'm not sure how or when I got it as I had not had any sexual exposure but I did black out from alcohol at the end of sept and end of October so maybe then

I went to the dr for lots of leaking after peeing and they diagnosed me with chlamydia I was treated multiple times with 3 1 gram doses of z PAC and doxy and cipro Leon about 5 times between November and feb was tested for all other std in jan except hep b (was vacinnated) and hep c

In jan I was goin on a cruise before started feeling tired nausea and pain on my right side under ribs loss of appetite I was paniaced because I started reading about hep I had beened paniaced about all other stds before then so I went to the emergency room 3-4 months after exposure they ran blood tests including lfts and ct scan of organs on right side and X-ray of ribs they said all blood tests can back normal and it was prob muscular

So I went on my cruise had my drinks and I good time at times I didn't feel good but powered through it when I got back I felt pain in my neck and back and a little dizzy for a while also continues tiredness and loss of appetite also stools were consistent light brown I went to get a new prescription for my contacts and that fixed dizziness also I had pain in armpits possibly from constantly prodding lymph nodes occasionally had hives

Over the next couple months I continued to socially drink because my dr assured me I was fine and was diagnosed with anxiety then in April went on my bachelor party which I heavily drank for 3 days by the last day I felt terrible I had a fever vomitting yellow and severe liquid diarrhea and loss of appetite I came home did not really feel better over the next couple days and went to the emergency room although the vomit stopped I had yellow urine and still felt sick told the er that I was scared of hep c and they again ran liver function but this time I got to see results ast 15 alt 38 no bilirubin in urine but I had drank a lot of water prior to urine test don't know if I skewed it

Also I have had a burning tongue/mouth off and on with metallic taste occasionally a yellow tongue occasionally dark urine

I keep telling myself if my lfts were normal in feb at the first er visit in jan and then again normal after my bachelor party and heavy drinking and feeling sick I prob have another issue but need reassurance I also read hep c isn't easily transferred sexually even if I did catch chlamydia but always feeling sick is rough

Please advise does this look like hep c thank you so much
Your ALT/AST are not tests for hepatitis C. Once and for all get an antibody test and if that is negative you can stop worrying. If it is positive you will need a viral load test. You need to stop or cut down on that drinking. Drinking til you pass out is not smart.
HepC is not an STD, rarely can you be infected via sex and has nothing at all to do with chlamydia.  

It doesn't sound at all like hepc it sounds like drinking too much to be honest with you.
I agree with NYGirl.  You have been tested and found to negative, lucky you!  I had no symptoms before I was diagnosed, had had it for 30 years before diagnosis.
Live your life, have fun, stop worrying
D
I read chlamydia can cause blood but I had no bleeding on my penis I was never tested for antibodies but had a lft at 4 months normal but never saw the numbers the second time lft was 7 months had alt 38 and ast 15 I really don't drink that much just occasionally on weekends but not every weekend just went all out on my bachelor party don't really know how I got chmydia that's what scares me and my symptoms match of with hep c also that my alt is 38 and ast only 15 I assume though they were normal the first time in jan any insight on the alt?
Thanks for you help nygirls posts have me greatly
Hep C is asymptomatic.
It is not an STD.
It is a blood born virus, blood to blood.
If you are still worried, get tested and put your mind at ease.
sorry I could not be more help
I think he was referring to you too, Dee. He said NY girls-plural. :-)
I don't get what you mean by 'insight on the alt.' The reference interval for both ALT & AST is (0 - 40) and both your values are within normal parameters of the reference interval.
I really appreciate everyone's help everybody on this site is great a close to elevated alt ie: almost above 40 scared me and how I have been feeling is all also I kept reading other stds like bacterial ones can help transmit hepc is all that what I read on CDC

Thanks again everyone
Please post the link where you read that stds like bacterial ones can help transmit hep C.

As far as we've all learned, hep C is a blood born virus, transmitted via blood to blood contact.
In the interest of keeping it real, or rather not spreading more misinformation about this virus, here's what I found on the CDC site:

http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/hepC.htm

Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is the most common chronic bloodborne infection in the United States; an estimated 3.2 million persons are chronically infected (449). Although HCV is not efficiently transmitted sexually, persons at risk for infection through injection-drug use might seek care in STD treatment facilities. . .
persons at risk for infection through injection-drug use might seek care in STD treatment facilities. . . ."

I guess that the CDC figures if you are injecting drugs then you dont have insurance. Assumptions I ASSume.
Im not trying to argue with anyone just looking for answers for specific case and details I provided about me because my dr is convinced I'm fine even though I don't feel fine and I read if you have or the other person has an std it may be easier to transmit via sex my worry is simply that and my blood test results alt being 38 higher than ast which was 15 and my symptoms that persist

Here is a link about the transmission I read and stds
http://www.hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/factsheets_pdf/Transmission_prevention.pdf
"my dr is convinced I'm fine"

Because you never had a risk !!

"was tested for all other std in jan except hep b (was vacinnated) and hep c"

If you are worried please get tested to ease your own anxiety over the matter

Have a great day

I don't drink that much like once a month with friends and can't afford anymore tests that's why I was seeking help on data that I had
None of us really know if you have hepc like has been said you can get it, not know you have it, have never done drugs or had sex. You can get it from a dentist or medical procedure..some people have no idea how they got it.

We just pointed out that it's not an STD and most likely unless this was rough sex or anal sex then the chances are close to zero.

But following up at a free clinic might be a good idea.
Do u think it's a good idea because of all the info I provided you or just to ease my worry
I think it is a good idea. Not because it really sounds like your symptoms amount to anything but because you deserve the peace of mind. At least test for the HCV antibody. I was just thinking (and this is just an idea) if there is no where to go maybe you could donate blood. They screen for all that stuff and send you a letter.

I think you ought to be able to:
Question: Is donated blood tested for chlamydia?

Answer: Donated blood is not tested for Chlamydia. Donated blood is routinely tested/screened for the following: HIV-1/2 (by EIA), HIV-1 (by NAT), Hepatitis B Core (by EIA), Hepatitis C Virus (by EIA & NAT), Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (by EIA), Hepatitis B Virus (by NAT), Human T-lymphotropic Virus 1/2 (by EIA), West Nile Virus (by NAT), Syphilis, T. cruzi/Chagas (only on donor’s first donation), ABO/Rh, Cholesterol

http://www.indianablood.org/LAB-SERVICES/DONORTESTINGLAB/Pages/FAQs.aspx

Like I said, this is just an idea but that way you could rule a lot of stuff out.
Follow the link for low cost at home confidential antibody testing

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/FDA-Approved-At-Home-Test-for-Hep-C/show/1703122#post_8010121
Hi I came back to apologize, I thought you said you had been tested for Hep C.  That is what I would do if I was worried.
ID had a great idea and Hrsepwr guy does too.
Again, sorry I misread  your post
Thanks to everyone who help I'm glad you don't think my numbers or symptoms amount to anything I get a physical that works pays for next year I have peace of mind from you guys until then
The link you provided says nothing to support your quote:
" stds like bacterial ones can help transmit hep C "

Being a blood born virus there is a slight possibility of sexual transmission through rough sexually practices without protection.

You don't have hep C.
If you have anxiety problems, please get help for that.
If you are still worried you have hep C, then get tested and ease your mind.

Good day.
Thanks to everyone and their responses