Hepatitis C Blood Panel
I went to the doctor yesterday for my blood work results and he told me that I tested positive for Hepatitis C. I was tested by the Hepatitis Panel, Acute w/reflex. The lab work says that the Hepatitis C Antibody is reactive with a signal to cut-off of  reactive 3.11 H and non-reactive <1.00. I found that the signal-to-cutoff ratio is (<3.8) to test positive. My blood work also states that my test is reactive with a low s/co rato and the CDC recommends supplemental testing. Research from the internet has told me that usually people who have a low signal to cut off ratio are normally false positives. Is this correct?
What your doctor should have said is that you tested positive for the Hepatitis C ANTIBODY, not the virus. Big difference. Yes, like the report says, you'll need an additional test to see if you have the actual virus or not. It's a viral load test, sometimes called a "PCR" test. Try not to worry too much until you get the results of your PCR test.

All the best,

-- Jim
Yes you need a pcr.

I hope you don't have it but if you do - know that it's not the worst thing in the world to have so if you used up your "I have a disease" card...this isn't a bad one to use it on ;)
yes the info and support is fantastic on this sight.you folks are very helpful and it is appreciated.I dont know why no one told me that all I took was anj antibody test that I took a year ago...the nurses and doctors told me that I tested positive for hepatitis C, come to find out today when I went to get a viral load test they told its possible that I dont even have hepatitis C.I definitely have had symptoms since the year 2000 but the symptoms started after I fell from scaffoling and landed over a sawhorse on my stomach...my feet and hands werent touching the ground when I landed, anyway now Im wondering if Ive got permanent damage to my liver or bioducts from that fall...Iguess Ill know more in a week.
thanks
Billy
Like NYGirl stated, I  hope you don't have it but its not the end of the world if you do.  Just come back as there is a lot of support here.  You can learn a ton on the virus too.  Get your PCR and see if you are truly positive.  
Ask your Pcp for a Riba test.  this is a very sensitive and specific antibody test for hcv.  If neg, the screening test was false +.