Hepatitis C Community
Hepatitis C Genotype 1b
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatitis C Genotype 1b

I have been diagnoised with this disease 1b and i would like to know what kind of treatment i need for this? Okay let me know what the treatment for this is in Monterey, CA i live in Monterey, CA i need to know where to start i have been waiting for this clinic for about 6 months their is a waiting list in San Francisco, CA is that krazy or what ? please help with this problem i have??? islandgirl155
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1747881_tn?1358189534
The current treatment for genotype 1 is triple therapy (3 drugs), incivek or victrelis with peg-interferon and ribavirin, it consists of 24 or 48 weeks of treatment with incivek or 28 or 48 weeks with victrelis, treatment time with both depends on your response to the meds at the start of treatment.

What type of clinic are you trying to get in to, do you have a private doc ?

For info of the drugs follow the links

http://www.incivek.com/

http://www.victrelis.com/boceprevir/victrelis/consumer/hepatitis-c-virus.jsp?WT.mc_id=VI037
Blank
One will not get an entirely objective, full or frank discussion of the drugs on manufacturers' websites.  One gets something of a sales pitch and the minimum disclosures that will garner FDA approval.

A long-time researcher (and early advocate) of interferon therapy has just published an article summarizing triple therapy.  It's called:   "New protease inhibitors and direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis C: interferon’s long goodbye".  You can google it.

It will cost $35 to get.  Worth purchasing, given the seriousness of what you contemplate.  

Given what you contemplate,

Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
I live in the bay area and see a hepatologist in S.F.
What clinic are you trying to get in to ?
Blank
A six month waiting list seems like a very long time.  Can your referring doctor help you out with a phone call to the clinic?  Are there other clinics that have doctors experienced with treating Hep C that you could call?  Also, since you were just diagnosed with Hep C, G 1b, keep in mind that there are still many steps that will need to be accomplished before you and your doctor, when you get in to one, decide on a treatment plan (as in when to treat).  It is a process that takes time, so if it were me, I would try to find a doctor who can see you sooner than 6 months out.
Advocate1955
Blank
Yes i am on the two  rib and peg 2b and invivek....I have some serious side affects that are down right scary.
Blank
Yes i am on the two  rib and peg 2b and invivek....I have some serious side affects that are down right scary.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...