Hepatitis C Community
Hepatitis C and no insurance

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hepatitis C and no insurance

I have Hepatitis C and no insurance. How can i be cured? I also have no money. I am trying to get a job. I just got this and I want to be better. PLEASE HELP
How do you know you have it?  

If you are in the U.S. you can see if there are any trials in your area.  www.clinicaltrials.gov.  
If there are any hospitals with liver clinics or universities with liver departments in your area call them and ask if they have financial assistance or charity care programs.

Meds are available free for low income qualified people.

Make some phone calls, be proactive.
Someone posted this previously.. it may also help..

On February 1, The Support Partnership for Hepatitis C (TSP) launched a new project to connect people living with hepatitis C to resources and services in their communities.

TSP is a collaboration between 5 community non-profits:

HealthPro (formerly Hep-C ALERT) -- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hepatitis C Association -- Scotch Plains, NJ
Hepatitis Education Project -- Seattle, WA
Hep C Connection -- Denver, CO
Project Inform -- San Francisco, CA

P aims to improve the well-being of people affected by viral hepatitis. Trained peer counselors will provide emotional support, health information, and relevant referrals, working with callers to set health-related goals related to all stages of living with hepatitis C -- from risk assessment and HCV testing through considering treatment and improving quality of life. Counselors will follow-up with callers to help them follow through with their decisions.

The new national helpline can be reached toll-free at 877-HELP-4-HEP (877-435-7443), via email at ***@****, or on the web at www.help4hep.org. The phone helpline is staffed Monday through Friday, 9 am to 7 pm EST (6 am to 4 pm PST).

TSP maintains an up-to-date national database of 25,000 referral resources. The project is creating interactive referral maps showing local resources and services including community health centers, liver disease specialists, and hepatitis C support groups. Maps are available now for partners' states and others are under development.

http://hivandhepatitis.com/hcv-policy-advocacy/3446-hepatitis-c-helpline-offers-information-and-referrals
I went threw the roache pharmacucal company they shipped me inteferon and pills free! They was awsome. treatments did not agree with me.
How long have you had it and how bad is your health?   Just cause you have it don't mean you need treatment right away.    Look for drug studies I did one for u of m they'll use you like a rat or whatever but they want to cure you even if it kills you.   They told me the study was about this sugar pill put it was to see how much ribravin it took to kill me.   I took 8 pills aday for 4.5 month till my skin was oily from it and I was so weak....
Don't forget there's a silver lining in every cloud.  Research long and hard before you jump into treatment.