Hepatitis C Community
Hepatitis C oral sex

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hepatitis C oral sex

Hi guys,
Can i get hepatitis C from receiving a blowjob (being sucked)?
I would appreciate your answer and scientific based facts.

Thanks! you're doing a wonderful job here.
It appears from your other posts that you've recieved oral sex (that's what we call it here, not a **) from someone who you're not to sure about. My advice would be to stop going to see these type of girls. Keep you money in your pocket and your fly zipped. The chances of transmission by this method are remote. If you did become infected there's not much you can do about it now. Wait six months and then go for a HCV antibody test. This will confirm wether or not you've become infected. In the mean time practice safe sex. Condoms are pretty cheap and you would not want to be the source of infection for some poor person.
I've never known hepc to have been transmitted by someone smokin a pee pee.
It'd probably be more likely to be Hep B transmitted this way.  Scientifically based data-all I know is that hep B is transmitted via body fluids, and C is thru blood.  
More likely you would get an STD - which hepC is not.
If you continue to visit less than desirable types of women for these sort of things chances are you are going to get something someday - probably not hep but maybe a case of gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) or chlamydia or something nasty like that.

HepC is blood to blood bourne so as long as the one persons mouth wasn't bleeding and she didn't bite down and break some skin......you'd probably be OK.  But you never know about the rest of the things you could get.
You will not get hepatitis C from this exposure. But you put yourself at great risk for other unpleasant diseases by engaging in this kind of behavior. You can get genital herpes through this kind of contact, for example or papilloma. Both are very unpleasant and there is no cure for them.
If a person has gum disease and the gums are bleeding and the other person has cuts or open sores on the genital area,yes,i can see hepatitis transmission...common sense?,,rember,ya dont need muck blood either,just a molecule of it,if hepes is present...look out.