Hepatitis C Community
Hepatits C antibodies in test (AGAIN) What to do now?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello.

For over 1 year ago i took some blood tests that showed that I was positive for the antibodies for Hepatitis C but no virus.

They then took 2 more blood tests (RIBA included) that showed that i didnt even have the antibodies and the later tests showed no infection (no test has showed any infection).

So according to the RIBA test and the second blood test i never even had the antibodies.

Now, a year later, i took new blood tests, that showed the same thing as the first one i took 1 year ago.

Antibodies for Hepatitis C but no virus, and now they want me to take another more test.

But when I told them that I had taken other tests just a year ago and that it was the same scenario as this one, they told me its up to me if I want to take more tests, cause then to 99% i dont have anything of it.

The test i took just weeks ago showed reactivity in the screening test, that the first test i did a year ago also did, but the RIBA and the other tests I took a year ago showed that i had nothing of it.

The initial antibody test may be reacting to something else, who knows, you don't have HCV

Have a great day