Hepatitis C Community
Heptitis Researcher Alinia question

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Heptitis Researcher Alinia question

I am planning on retreating soon with Infergen and riba combo but I am also going to ask my doctor to prescribe Alinia in the mix.  My question to you is should I do the 3 month lead in with mono therapy Alinia and then treat for an additional 36 weks with all three meds?  Or is it better to have no lead in with the Alinia and start all 3 meds together at the same time?  Also, in your opinion do you think Infergen will work in synergy with Alinia as well as the pegs worked with it or should I use the Peg-intron since I already failed with the pegasys?
HR in prio thread:  "Trials in the US are now recruting. There is a 4 week NTZ only leadLead poisoning in phase then combo with NTZ. There is a trial with treatment naive and one with prior failure patientsKidney diet - dialysis patients. I see no good reason why NTZ is not given from the start in these combos. I was told that there are some data to justify this approach over SIMULSTART."
______________________________________________________________

Based on this statement from HR, I think he’s puzzled by the clinical trial’s intend to use Alinia as a monotherary for any period of time.

All the best!
Are you out there Doc?
i had thought you were SVR.  My God I am so sorry.  I don't know what to say because for so long I thought the 72 weeks worked for you.  I just cannot believe this.

What happened? (Well that sounds stupid and self explanatory but you know what I mean).  Why did I think you were SVR, I mean I was sure of it.......
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I thought, you are just retesting a questionable low positive?
At any rate, as Tallahassee pointed out correctly above, I am at this point leaning towards the opinion that a simultaneous start with Alinia should be most promising.