Hi, I'm Back..w/questions on PSI
Hi everyone, haven't posted since my trial with Teleprevir last summer, which did not work on me. So kind of swore of trials BUT now I have read a lot about the PSI (Pharmasset) 7977. Thought I would check and see what everyone else knows about it. And they are doing trials in my area. A friend of mine told me you did not have to do interferon with it...which I am interferon insensitive. The Tele got my load down to 1200 but the INF did not mop up afterwards to get it to the 1000 acceptable, so I had to be taken off the trial. I was so distraught over that because I had waited for 15yrs. to try something and it did not work. So any news on this trial I would like to know? Thanks, Reen
Hi Renee,
I have been following this one as I am interested in it too. The best source of information is curiouslady1's journal. She and some others on the forum have just finished 6 month dosing with PSI 7977 and a BMS drug. All were UND within days at most within a couple of weeks. No breakthroughs. All still UND at the end of the trial. She gathered news from around 14 people at 3 different locations. We just have to wait and see now what happens over the next 6 months.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/index/1726048?personal_page_id=2226686
Hello,Renee, I remember you, I do believe I responded to one of your past posts?  It seems like I did if I'm not mistaken?  I think it was many months back though.  I still am not clear after all my treatments and years of trying.  But, I haven't given up, I've just been less active in trying to pursue it is all.  My liver is not doing that bad and as long as that continues, I'd rather not have to go through the emotional upheaval the treatments do on me.  I do know that I'll treat again some day, but I can't handle doing it at this time.  I think that the PSI-7977 will be a great drug for those who are able to get into a trial and get the right dose and in combo with another drug with it-not interferon, but I mean like a TMC or BMS drug with or without Ribavirin.  I think they are still trying to figure out if Ribavirin is a necessary component to the treatments with PSI.  I wish you all the best with your decision and with your next treatment.  Susan400