Hi All
Haven't posted for a long time after my Vic nightmare and when I relapsed I just didn't want to talk about it. Got depressed and it was along time before I felt normal again.
Well I started treatment # 9 yesterday. I started an all oral treatment with Olysio and Sovaldi. I take 1 pill of each once a day for 3 months. Sounds way to easy. It has a few sides headache, fatigue, and nausea, I can handle that. Online it's called the Cosmo Studies and the results are promising. I so hope this is the one!! Hope you all have been well!
rockymoe
TXing 9 times?!!  Holy cow!  I cannot even imagine.

Wishing you a very smooth treatment and SVR, you deserve it!

Cheers, V.
Great to see you back and treating, Rockymoe!

I have been wondering how you are doing, so it is really good to see you posting.
I agree, the results from the Cosmos trial are very promising. I sure hope this treatment number 9 is your lucky number.

Best of luck. Here's wishing you SVR!

Keep us posted.
After waiting since 2011 for the "promising" drugs.. (treatment nave) you are truly a super star.....I too start this next month - just waiting for one test to come back that determines if I am a good candidate.  

I will be posting to share with you since we will be on the same drugs...

A shout out to so many people who have helped me on this forum...

Millie
Thanks for the welcome back! I am excited to treat with you all! I am so amazed 2 pills a day for 12 weeks and few side effects WOW!
So happy for you, I am going to my hep c doctor for the first time in several years! I am 59 and have been so scared of treating with inteferon so I was just ignoring the doctor and treating. I had a liver biopsy in 2009 that said I was F1-F2 So we will see, I will probably have to do another one now. I am hoping I can wait for the inteferon free treatment.
The first 8 treatments were with interferon #8 was with Vic and Riba. I was like a week from dying so no more interferon for me. I hope these new oral drugs cure. I would like to see the day come when no one has to do those treatments anymore. That's why I keep treating,I feel like what do I have to lose and I hope that by doing them that someday others will just be able to treat one time and be cured. ALSO EVERY TREATMENT I HAVE DONE HAS AT LEAST HELPED MY LIVER.
You should do very well on just these 2 drugs!  I had every single side effect when I did the "near death" Incivek treatment.... including blood transfusions.  It failed!

NOW I am in my 7th week of Olysio/Sovaldi and feel INCREDIBLE!  I have had a few headaches but as soon as I take 1 extra strength Tylenol they quickly disappear.  No fatigue or anything else.  In fact I feel better then I have in many years.  My 4 week lab showed undetectable! They will test again at 12 weeks completion of drugs then again 12 weeks later.  I fully expect to finally reach SVR and so should you!
Yeah I had 4 blood transfusion during my Vic experience last one didn't do anything for me so they pulled, if they didn't I wouldn't be here now. The only side I am having is feeling tired and insomnia! This is the one that's going to slay the dragon!
I met my new doc today and I like him so far. We did 2 blood test today, one was to make sure on the genotype, one was a AFP tumor marker and then an EGD (G12 custom), then next thurs we do an endoscopy to see how throat and stomach looks. He said I did not have to do another biopsy, they do not do those as much anymore. Then he said we will start treating. He and I are hoping not to have to do the inteferon but we will know more after these tests. He mentioned Sovaldi and something else they are having good results with. I hope I do not have to treat for a whole year or even take a shot in the belly. Even though I probably got this from many years ago IV use, I still do not want to do the shots! I am hoping for the best!