Hepatitis C Community
Hi All
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hi All

Haven't posted for a long time after my Vic nightmare and when I relapsed I just didn't want to talk about it. Got depressed and it was along time before I felt normal again.
Well I started treatment # 9 yesterday. I started an all oral treatment with Olysio and Sovaldi. I take 1 pill of each once a day for 3 months. Sounds way to easy. It has a few sides headache, fatigue, and nausea, I can handle that. Online it's called the Cosmo Studies and the results are promising. I so hope this is the one!! Hope you all have been well!
rockymoe
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
215858_tn?1395507505
TXing 9 times?!!  Holy cow!  I cannot even imagine.

Wishing you a very smooth treatment and SVR, you deserve it!

Cheers, V.
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Great to see you back and treating, Rockymoe!

I have been wondering how you are doing, so it is really good to see you posting.
I agree, the results from the Cosmos trial are very promising. I sure hope this treatment number 9 is your lucky number.

Best of luck. Here's wishing you SVR!

Keep us posted.
Blank
1930700_tn?1327068504
After waiting since 2011 for the "promising" drugs.. (treatment nave) you are truly a super star.....I too start this next month - just waiting for one test to come back that determines if I am a good candidate.  

I will be posting to share with you since we will be on the same drugs...

A shout out to so many people who have helped me on this forum...

Millie
Blank
1746242_tn?1318213302
Thanks for the welcome back! I am excited to treat with you all! I am so amazed 2 pills a day for 12 weeks and few side effects WOW!
Blank
938809_tn?1394717483
So happy for you, I am going to my hep c doctor for the first time in several years! I am 59 and have been so scared of treating with inteferon so I was just ignoring the doctor and treating. I had a liver biopsy in 2009 that said I was F1-F2 So we will see, I will probably have to do another one now. I am hoping I can wait for the inteferon free treatment.
Blank
1746242_tn?1318213302
The first 8 treatments were with interferon #8 was with Vic and Riba. I was like a week from dying so no more interferon for me. I hope these new oral drugs cure. I would like to see the day come when no one has to do those treatments anymore. That's why I keep treating,I feel like what do I have to lose and I hope that by doing them that someday others will just be able to treat one time and be cured. ALSO EVERY TREATMENT I HAVE DONE HAS AT LEAST HELPED MY LIVER.
Blank
You should do very well on just these 2 drugs!  I had every single side effect when I did the "near death" Incivek treatment.... including blood transfusions.  It failed!

NOW I am in my 7th week of Olysio/Sovaldi and feel INCREDIBLE!  I have had a few headaches but as soon as I take 1 extra strength Tylenol they quickly disappear.  No fatigue or anything else.  In fact I feel better then I have in many years.  My 4 week lab showed undetectable! They will test again at 12 weeks completion of drugs then again 12 weeks later.  I fully expect to finally reach SVR and so should you!
Blank
1746242_tn?1318213302
Yeah I had 4 blood transfusion during my Vic experience last one didn't do anything for me so they pulled, if they didn't I wouldn't be here now. The only side I am having is feeling tired and insomnia! This is the one that's going to slay the dragon!
Blank
938809_tn?1394717483
I met my new doc today and I like him so far. We did 2 blood test today, one was to make sure on the genotype, one was a AFP tumor marker and then an EGD (G12 custom), then next thurs we do an endoscopy to see how throat and stomach looks. He said I did not have to do another biopsy, they do not do those as much anymore. Then he said we will start treating. He and I are hoping not to have to do the inteferon but we will know more after these tests. He mentioned Sovaldi and something else they are having good results with. I hope I do not have to treat for a whole year or even take a shot in the belly. Even though I probably got this from many years ago IV use, I still do not want to do the shots! I am hoping for the best!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...