Hepatitis C Community
High Blood Pressure after treatement
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High Blood Pressure after treatement

Hi,
I believe that similar questions already been posted in this forum, anyhow I will do that again.
I am almost 4 years after treatment, geno 1b, I am still SVR and basically feel well.
Recently I have noticed that my BP is high, usually between 140-160 and 90-105.
I had HBP after the treatment but not so high and I fixed it with a change of style life (mostly aerobics).
Now, I am trying with my doc to find the right meds , beside aerobics.
I wonder if there is any connection between the high blood-pressure and the HCV,
I was stage 2-3 and grade 2-3 before treatment, I am now 4 years after treatment..
I would be pleased for any good information.
Thank you,
Jack
Tags: BP, hypertension, blood presuure
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4113881_tn?1401895587
"I wonder if there is any connection between the high blood-pressure and the HCV"

According to this study, there is no connection between HCV and high blood pressure.

Involving over 160,000 individuals receiving care at Veterans Affairs health facilities, approximately half of whom were infected with Hepatitis C, the researchers found the following:

1) Study participants without Hepatitis C were more likely to have high blood pressure (50 percent) than those with the virus (42 percent).
2) Study participants without Hepatitis C were more likely to have hyperlipidemia (72 percent) than those with Hepatitis C (39 percent).
3) On average, study participants without Hepatitis C had higher blood plasma cholesterol (198 mg/dL) than those with Hepatitis C (175 mg/dL).
4) On average, study participants without Hepatitis C had higher LDL cholesterol – “the bad cholesterol” (119 mg/dL) – than those with Hepatitis C (102 mg/dL).
5) On average, study participants without Hepatitis C had higher triglycerides (179 mg/dL) than those with Hepatitis C (144 mg/dL).

http://www.hepatitis-central.com/mt/archives/2010/02/hepatitis_c_is.html

This is probably the old thread your referring to:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Can-Hep-C-cause-High-Blood-Pressure/show/290797

Blank
I've had low bp all of my life and when I was younger my doctor told me that can change in a NY minute as one gets older. I'm still maintaining it at 63 and after HCV tx which I finished in September. So many of my friends (without prior HCV history) are starting to have all kinds of health issues (diabetes, cardiac, high bp, etc.) after 60. Seems like we're starting to fall apart. I would not be surprised if it wasn't something that would have happened with age and no HCV tx; however, I don't think you've indicated your age. On the other hand, anything is possible with HCV and tx.
Blank
Thank you.
Meanwhile the meds did not help. I have tried Losartan for 3 weeks and yesteday the doc changed it onto Valsartan.
Thank you,
Jack
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703