Homeopathic remedies?
We have a friend whos sister told us she was beginning stage 4 when she had to stop her tx.
she said that she found a homeopathic doctor that put her on a special diet and a lot of herbal stuff.
she said she's UND/SVR for over a year and a half now.
Has anyone heard of this or had any experience with any of these remedies?
I know it all sounds pie in the sky. Maybe I'm just looking for other alternatives for my husband if he doesn't go UND this next week.  
Janet
Hello,I have had hepatitis c for over 2 years.I have been treating myself using natural treatments.I have a website that may help you  www.chaga.com this a new product.Also can you please email me the your friends homeopathic doctors contact information.My email address is ***@**** you Treefarmer1
I would speculate that if your friend is truly SVR she was undetectable when she stopped treatment and she was fortunate that she stayed clear. I know a lot of people put stock in herbal and dietary approaches and they may be of some benefit. But, I have never seen one shred of evidence to support the premise that one can achieve SVR by using herbs and/or diet. People become SVR by spontaneously clearing the virus in the acute phase of the disease without any drugs or by threating with pegylated interferon and ribavirin or with one of the PIs in trials plus SOC. I would not rely on herbs or diet to achieve SVR.
Mike
Thanks Mike,  I appreciate your feed back.

and let me just say, I'm not advocating anyone go out and try these remedies.
I'm merely saying I've heard this and I'm wondering if anyone has tried these approaches.
AND if my husband doesn't go UND/SVR or at least a 2 log drop by Wednesdays report he will most likely try this if we can get the information so to speak.  :)
I'm still trying to talk to this woman and get the information from her.  :)
l just posted such a long message to you and it disappeared.

Anyway please Pinky PLEASE do NOT fall for these pie in the sky quick fixes  if they truly did exist you have to realize that we in here would know of it and have done it instead of treatment and then spread the word to everyone we could on the net.  It's just not real.  If it WAS doctor would know and they would prescribe it. OR you would read about it in the news.

A fancy website with a nice logo doesn't make things real.  There are a lot ofpeople out there looking to take advantage of the desperate and they don't CARE that it is life or death!

PLEASE don't fall for it!

If this woman truly is SVR - we don't know how long she did treat for...I would guarantee that if she is stage 4 then she had enough of the riba and interferon in her t jump start her immune system and beat down the virus.  Had NOTHING to do with herbs or good luck charms or special rabbits feet on chains.

Please.......if there was anything else out there that was legit I would have never done 72 weeks of treatment.  It's simple.

PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS WHAT WEEK IS YOUR HUBBY AT? (sorry cap lock)
I have been studying this subject for about 8 years.
I wasn't criticizing you for asking. And I don't know whether there might be significant benefits that can be realized through herbal and dietary approaches. The only thing that I do know is that I have never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe, or even entertain the idea, that these approaches can result in SVR. And I read about this disease continually. That's all I was saying - it won't get you to the status of SVR. This place is chock full of HCV patients and I dare say no one will come forward with any believable report to sustain the idea that herbs can cure HCV. I wish it were not so Pink - I really do.
Mike
I agree with NYgirl and Mike.  We all wish there was an easy fix.

I do not doubt that while NOT on Tx some people get benefits from herbs and CHinese medicine.   But who is to say that isn't because they are leading a healthier lifestyle generaly/      

I think that possibly some things like massage can and  a few other things, can be used in conjecetion with western medicine.  

China is a old country, like the Native American Cuture and where most of our modern medicines like aspirin have been improved on,  by western medicineI am sure they some properties that are worth exploring.  

China is also a highly populated country someone posted somewhere that  they do not look for a cure, they instead live with it. That I think is not something to proud of.  They also spend not so much money in their health care,  they do not have a high regard for life human life. Look a few years ago, they imposed a law that only child per person.

Till recently they are a very poor country, the country folks stil are,  Big cities like Hong Kong  have a semi better quality of life.

Most of the medicinal herbs are away over a 1000 years old from a then advanced China,

Korea is much the same,  my husband was stationed there twice as spent time in China twice.  

They have horrible human rights  statstics.  

Again i think that possibly    a melding of the two cultures could be helpful.

But I have no faith in a country that has such deplorable human rights.

Not trying to be harsh Pink, just my opinion

Best wishes

Deb
I hope that your husband becomes UND next week, but if tx fails,God forbid, I see no wrong in trying another approach someday.

I believe you that your friend became UND from the alternative tx. There have been some people (and this is in some studies) that have become SVR after having the disease 10 years - never treated before, but was in a study. If I remember, it was Indian and Alaskan people. I would guess the immune system adjusted somehow on its own and cleared the virus and they obviously weren't 'acute' cases cause they were followed for 10 years,,,so anyway if a doctor is able to figure out what vitamins/herbs balance your immune system or ramp it up or whatever has to be done - it doesn't sound impossible or unbelieveable to me at all.

I'm glad to hear this about your friend and I wish your husband good luck.
MO
I think you will always hear stories about the one who did well on these things.    

A friend of a friend.  

This is a deadly disease,  I would only as a last resort  do this,   and the way things are looking now, there i sso many other things coming up to try.  

I know you are worried about your husband, how could you not be?  Most GIs will tell you straight out, no herbs!   Especially while txing!  

I would trust  a GI  much more than some folks on forum.

Again best wishes and be hopeful! He will do a ok!

Deb