Hepatitis C Community
How Hep. C can be transmitted through sex?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello experts,

I was just wondering how Hep. A,B,C can be transmitted through sex contact?
Are the following activities of a risk for Hep. A.B.C?

(Gay side)

Deep kissing, mutual masturbation, unprotected oral (receiver), rimming (receiver), cuddling.
(no protected/unprotected anal sex)

Also, I had a Hep. C vaccine 3 years ago back in China, do I need to enforce one dose for now? Also, is the vaccine I got from Asia valid to the Hep. C in Canada?

Thanks a lot for your help!

There is no vaccine for hep c no matter what country your in

Can persons become infected with a different strain of HCV after they have cleared the initial infection?

Yes. Prior infection with HCV does not protect against later infection with the same or different genotypes of the virus. This is because persons infected with HCV typically have an ineffective immune response due to changes in the virus during infection. ------For the same reason, no effective pre- or postexposure prophylaxis (i.e., immune globulin) is available.------

How is HCV transmitted?

HCV is transmitted primarily through large or repeated percutaneous (i.e., passage through the skin) exposures to infectious blood, such as

Injection drug use (currently the most common means of HCV transmission in the United States)
    Receipt of donated blood, blood products, and organs (once a common means of transmission but now rare in the United States since blood screening became available in 1992)
    Needlestick injuries in health care settings
    Birth to an HCV-infected mother

HCV can also be spread infrequently through

Sex with an HCV-infected person (an inefficient means of transmission)

Sharing personal items contaminated with infectious blood, such as razors or toothbrushes (also inefficient vectors of transmission)

Other health care procedures that involve invasive procedures, such as injections (usually recognized in the context of outbreaks)

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HCV/HCVfaq.htm#c5
Thanks a lot for your quick respond!

But according to my sexual activities mentioned above, am I having a big concern for Hep, A.B.C?

Thanks again!
Anyone helps to answer my Q?

Thanks a lot!
"Anyone helps to answer my Q?"

I think hrsepwrguy gave you as good as answer concerning Hep C. I see not much of a risk concerning Hep C as for Hep A and B it would be best to ask those in the proper forums about the risk.

Have you had the proper vaccines for Hep A and B?

Like was said there is no vaccine for Hep C
Thanks can-do-man!

Yes, I had vaccine for A and B before, but at least 3-4 years ago.
I do appreciate hrsepwrguy's response but there were so many terminologies there, I just need a simple answer if those activities I got involved in are of big risk for Hep. A.B.C? or of lower or non risk.
(sorry if my sexually-speaking langue bothers you, but it is easier to do this way)

Thanks again!
With having the proper vaccines I see no risk with Hepatitis. But as you know there are other risks of STD's so proper protection is always a must.

And no it doesn't bother me at all... Wishing you the best.
Your kindness is appreciated!

Last question:
The vaccines I got were at least 3-4 years ago back in China. Are they still valid till now? Do I need to get another doses in Canada to protect myself from those "Canadian" HEP virus?

Thanks!
No you are protected...
Infection risks associated with oral sex

Infections transferred by oro-anal sex
But it’s now clear that the dangerous bowel organisms Salmonella, Shigella and Campylobacter can all be transmitted by oro-anal contact

In 2013, it was reported in a US study that the risk of catching hepatitis C through any kind of sex (including oral sex) was low. But it may be greater if you are HIV-positive.
___________________________
What about HPV and the risk of cancer?
In 2010, I was alarmed when an ENT surgeon showed me the larynx (voicebox) of a man who had had a lot of oral sex partners. The patient was hoarse, and he found it difficult to speak. The area round his vocal cords was virtually 'swamped' by a network of fine, white threads. These, it transpired, were caused by the HPV virus. Fortunately, he did recover.
But since then, it as become increasingly clear that today's high rates of oral sex are linked to the rising incidence of throat and mouth cancer,

Read more:about these and other Infection risks associated with oral sex
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/infectionoralsex.htm#ixzz2tFj3ecBP
________________

HPV Especially male to male multiple oral sex partners.
i would have some concern about someone with HCV with bleeding gums where the blood comes in contact with open (bleeding sores like hemorrhoids).rimming