How Much Riba is enough?
I am completing 12 weeks (84 days, 504 pills) of incivek today.  At week 4 was undectable, but hgb as sliding fast, so we reduced riba to 600; planned to increase later, but picked up a rash and while assumed it was the incivek, determined not to increase riba as it could provoke the rash further.

I go back to dr monday, so the obvious question will be, what do we do with riba for the next 36 weeks.

The easy answer is take 1200 because you should.  It seems that if a decrease in riba is common for anemia and not seeing impact on svr, then even if you can tolerate the 1200, why torture yourself unnecesarily.

I did Riba and Interferon in 2006 and was also prescribed procrit to deal with anemia.

Trying to get all the data lined up and prepare for the next 36 weeks.  How much riba seems a little gray to me at this time and looking for how others finished treatment and levels of riba.  Thanks
It seems different doctors are taking different approaches to anemia.  Some are reducing right down to 600 upon evidence of anemia   and then working it back up,some are reducing in slight(200mg) increments and some aren't reducing and immediately starting the growth factor "procrit" and then some are doing both simutaneously.

So....it seems a little confusing,however the data shows that there was no difference in SVR, as you stated, with reducing(especially if one (UND ).

Now that you are done Incivek your HGB . may rise and you could possbly talk to your doctor about increasing Riba (obviously depending on HGB . result)

If you are interested and have not seen this .watch the presentation DR. Shifmann  gives on "managing anemia.

You will have to register for the site ,however it is free and very informative.

The anemia section is the 5th one ..slide 3,4 and 5

Best..
Will

http://www.clinicaloptions.com/Hepatitis/Treatment%20Updates/Battling%20HCV/Interactive%20Virtual%20Presentations/Adverse%20Events/Pages/Page1.aspx

I just registered for this site a few days ago.  Thanks for the link.  It was good presentation.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.