How do I explain Hepatitis C to my parents?
My husband and I have been together for almost 3 years and he has hepatitis C.  Our relationship was put in a bind last fall when my parents found out he has hepatitis C.  They basically wanted us to go our seperate ways, but due to our love for one another we married anyhow.  Due to my best friend having hepatitis C, I knew quite a bit in regards to the likely hood of myself contracting it from him or my little girl (from a previous marriage)for that matter, but my parents are freaking out and they think I am a bad person for putting myself and daughter in danger of contracting hepatitis C. My spouse has gone through treatment and is doing very well. I guess the question I have is where can I find reliable information for them on hepatitis c?  Also, my brother is a Resident at UMC and he has scared the living **** out of my parents about hepatitis C.  Is there an information center I can have them call to ease their minds?  If so, I would love any help we can get.  This situation is tearing my immediate family apart and I would appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks!
I should not be surprised that your brother is learning to be missinformed about hep c, but it is rather dissapointing that he is "learning" to be ignorant about the risks for transmission.
You might print some info from the janis7hepc.com site and also from the hep c center in NYC ....
http://www.hepccenter.org/relatedlinks.php.

You are correct in that the risk for transmission sexually is low and the risk to your daughter is nearly 0%, unless she uses his nail clippers and razors.
If your family persist in their ignorant behavior even after you have provided them with the latest info on risks, I would suggest to limit contact with them...you do not need the negative input and neither does your new partner, he probably feels bad enough without their ignorant input.
best to you in your new partnership.
does anyone have there alt levels while on tx handy? mine went down to 36 around week 8 now at week 17 its 60.
Congratulations on finding a wonderful partner to marry.  Do your best to educate your family but I'm 100% with Cuteous on this issue.  If your family can't accept your love for your husband and their ignorance of HCV is interfering with your own family's happiness, (you, your husand and your daughter) then limit the contact.
very best of luck to you.
My parents blamed my husband for giving it to me.  He used drugs.  With my biopsy I had the best news to give to my parents.  My husband is geno type 2. Mine is geno type 1b.  Which means he did not give me anything. I got my with a blood transfusion.  Still not happy I have it but love my husband with my whole heart.  Have 3 children and all negative.  Almost impossible to transmit through sex.  Enjoy every moment you have with each other.  Good love is hard to find!!!!!!!!!!