Hepatitis C Community
How easy is it to get Hepititus C when dateing someone with It.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Is it Safe to date someone with hepatitis C if you are carefull about sex,(no anal) always using a condom for example. How about Kissing or oral sex. I'm a male and recently dated a woman who has Hepititus C.
Just don't get too rough with her, drawing blood, etc.. My wife and I have been together for over 10 years..During that time we have NEVER used a condom, and also taken part in some "risky" sexual acts so to speak.. She is HCV negative.
It is contracted blood to blood. So if you have an open sore on your penis, don't go having unprotected sex.
been married 32 years and had it for 37 yrs. my sweetie is neg.according to blood band she donates to. not real big risk.
bobby
I have had Hep C sense 1975 and the wife has not test positive and we have sex  all the time. And no conom so I would say no problem in less there is blood traded then that could be a problem.
Hopefully I will get rid of this disease. I am married and my husband is negative, thank God, but if I cleared and was single,I personally wouldn't date someone with "active hep c".

That is not a prejudice statement, just why take the risk, your not in love with the person yet. I think your better off finding someone that does not have hep.C, if there are any people uninfected to be found out there. Or wait until she is SVR. My husband has no choice, we're married, so he's stuck.

If you had a grown daughter and she came home and said her boyfriend had hep c, would you be concerned?

I know many would disagree with me, but this is my opinion.

I am very careful about not infecting my husband, but you always have to worry about maybe your gums are bleeding from brushing your teeth, so kissing is just as much or more of a risk in my opinion. With sex, at least you can use a condom.

But then again, don't base your decision on me, I'm paranoid about diseases. Howard Hughes seemed normal to me.
How about wife with Hep C and thinking about having a baby?