Hepatitis C Community
How far apart should I take my RIBA?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

How far apart should I take my RIBA?

I know this question has been asked but I figured why not again. I finished my inc Feb. 7th. I have been taking my RIBA at random hours but always with food. I take 1000mg a day and was wondering how far apart I can take the meds. I always try to take it before 7 so I stand a chance of sleeping at night. I also know its not a time sensitive medication. Just thought I would ask.

Oh and I have been UND since wk 4,8,12. Just thought I would share that. :0)
You can take it in the am with breakfast, like it appears you have been doing, and then at dinner/supper. So, depending on when you eat, 7am and 5 pm or 6 pm.
When I was on boceprevir I took my Riba at 6am and 2pm and my doctor was fine with that.......... Hang in there
I heard that its okay to take it 3-4 hours apart is this true?
The main reason that might not be a good ideal is causing an upset stomach, plus causing one to be jittery. To much Riba at one time could cause stomach issues, I was advised to have at least a 6 hour time frame......
"I heard that its okay to take it 3-4 hours apart is this true?"

Ribavirin - Clinical Pharmacology

The terminal half-life of Ribavirin following administration of a single oral dose of Ribavirin is about 120 to 170 hours. The total apparent clearance following administration of a single oral dose of Ribavirin is about 26 L/h. There is extensive accumulation of Ribavirin after multiple dosing (twice daily) such that the Cmax at steady state was four-fold higher than that of a single dose.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/ribavirin.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes
hi first congratulations finishing teleprevir and second having three und thrilled for you. My hubby got 8wk out of 24 to do and he asnt set a particular time to take the riba  he just makes sure hes eaten first so it dosnt  upset his stomach hang in there not long to go and good luck