Hepatitis C Community
How was Naomi Judd cured?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

How was Naomi Judd cured?

Not meaning to threadhog, but I thought someone here may know. When I went to Naomi's site, there were some links to some holistic books, but no clear explanation of exactly what she took to attain SVR.
Anyone know the real deal? And why wouldn't she just come right out and say what she did?
It was love.  It can build a bridge, you know....

Seriously, Naomi Judd did monotherapy,as far as I know, coupled with diet, herbs, mediatation, etc., etc.  I've read her story somewhere, but forget where.  She has a new book out (can't remember the title, saw it at the bookstore the other day) and she talks a little bit about it.
I should have known, she wants to sell books! That's what I need to do instead of trying to eek out a living doing honest work.
Hey, all that makeup doesn't pay for itself!  :-)
I'm a software engineer by day, but my true love is writing. And trust me, if you're any good and serious about it, writing is work. I've completed three screenplays since I started Tx last June and the brain fog *really* made it into hard work!

Christine
I'm a writer too!  And I know it's hard work....I've been feeling particularly inspired this week, and am pretty anxious about the effects treatment might have.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I have to say, though, after leafing through Naomi's latest, she's no writer!  ;-)
Wow. I didn't know I was in the company of so many writers! I've also been working long and hard and have finished my first opus and am shopping it around. I am about to start my second (rather restart it). They are both romantic novels.

One of reasons I've decided to wait on tx is that I can't imagine going through that for 48 weeks, and working, and being best friends with my muse. :)  I asked a long while back and was told that creative energy disappeared with tx... I guess that's not the case for you, glamazon. Could you elaborate on how you've managed to do tx and stay creative?
Yep, writing is very hard work. I'm a songwriter (wrote alot more before I was dx) Didn't mean to imply that writing a book is not work!
Thanks!
I think you were speaking more to the fact that celebrities expoit their fame by writing silly little books that the public gobbles up and mistakes for literature!

Or maybe that's just me!  :-)
I can't *not* write! No matter how fatigued or listless I get, it doesn't much affect my imagination or ability. One thing I had going for me was, all three screenplays were adpatations (two were my novels). However, the script I'm working on now is an original.

Now, I will say this. My new script would be completed by now, too, if I wasn't suffering from this listlessness and frequent urge to do nothing but watch movie. Often I can force myself to get started -- and once I do, momentum takes over and you need to pry me away from the keyboard with a crowbar -- but if I can't, then I'm looking through my collection ( http://www.glamazon.net/Videos_1.html ) of videos for a film I haven't seen recently.

Christine
From Jan 13

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) Jan 13 - The addition of amantadine to a regimen of interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin does not improve outcomes in patients with chronic hepatitis C viral (HCV) infection, researchers in the U.S. report.

Amantadine is an antiviral drug with activity against the flaviviridae family, but clinical trials of the agent used to treat HCV have yielded conflicting results. A sustained response is achieved in fewer than half of patients with HCV treated with interferon plus ribavirin, they note in their paper.

In fact, lead author Dr. P. J. Thuluvath and colleagues write in the January issue of Gut, "We believe that amantadine should be abandoned as a potential agent for the treatment of HCV."

In their prospective study, Dr. Thuluvath, at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, and his team treated 171 patients with interferon alfa-2b 3 million units s.c. three times a week and ribavirin 1000 to 1200 mg daily for 24 weeks, with treatment continuing for 48 weeks if HCV RNA clearance was noted by PCR after 24 weeks. Eighty-five were randomly assigned to co-treatment with amantadine hydrochloride 100 mg b.i.d. and 86 were assigned to placebo.

Adverse event profiles were similar in the two groups, and withdrawal rates did not differ significantly. After 48 weeks of treatment, HCV RNA clearance rates were 40.6% among 28 patients remaining in the amantadine group and 47.8% of 33 in the placebo group. At 72 weeks, only 21 patients in the amantadine group and 24 in the placebo group were available for evaluation; response rates were 30.4% and 34.8%, respectively.

"We assumed that our study had the power to show a moderate difference if it existed," the investigators write, "but we did not find even a trend favoring triple therapy."

Gut 2004;53:130-135.

She had two rounds of monotherapy, first in 1990 and then in 1996.

Interferon - the "natural" cure!
in the first issue of HEPATITIS magazine there is a cover story about Judd.  it said  she  did  6 mon. of interferon and stopped from what i remember.  she then found a "good" dr.  and went another go at treatment- for a year this time i believe.  this time she got remission.    ive read other accounts about her in other publications that dont mention interferon/tx. at all and just say she was healed by positive thinking and new age philosophy.

Thanks Mike for sharing this article.

When I was in about my 3rd month of treatment and started coming across articles about Amantadine, I really pushed the issue with  my GI and wanted to jump on the Amantadine thing.  I actually took the stance that if it helped my chances of getting rid of the virus, then I needed it and if it didn't help, then it shouldn't hurt my chances.  My GI basically cut me off rather quickly with the idea that there was any or enough solid evidence that Amantadine aided the other hepC drugs.  He said no that he didn't recommend Amatadine and didn't add it to the Pegasys and Copagus for better results and would not let me take it.  He immediately said that I wouldn't get results with the drug or even better results with adding Amantadine to the mix and that there was not solid evidence with hepC treatment patients that taking the Amantadine you get better results with clearing and staying clear.

Is it common procedure that you get a PCR test at the 36 week point?  My GI says that since we know that I am clear of the virus, we are just heading towards the finish line of 48 weeks and then a possible 6 - 8 week extension.

Does everyone have the 36 week PCR or does everyone not have it?  For some reason, I was under the impression that the PCR test was done at 12, 36 and 48 week point.
My hep doc says 12, 24 and 48. That's what I've most commonly seen here. LL
Same here, PCR tests at 12, 24, 48 wks.
My schedule is 12, 24, 36 and 48 wk PCRs.  Doesn't make much sense to me for the 36 wk test, but I'm having my drawn in a couple of weeks.
ambush :)
I had one a 12 weeks, my next one is at 48 weeks. I guess since I want from 10 millin vl to <5. This friday I will be at week 42
Sorry for the break in, but I'm going to do it anyway. Hope you'll all had a Good Christmas and a great New Year (at least the best you could expect on tx). Sure was strange toasting at midnight with a 7up on the rocks. Finally got a new PC. I've been doing good, #30 now. For the first time since I started tx my white blood count was pretty low (sorry didn't get the  #'s, but the nurse called and said if it's still low in a week the doc wants to stop tx, I was only suppose to go 24 (I was geno 2b), but the doc said he would like to try for 48, I think he wanted me to stay around for awhile since he just bought a 2004 Mercedes.My heptimax test showed below 5 at the 24 weeks, I really think I got this Dragon by the Ass now. Seen a few new faces on here and some of the old timers as well. I scrolled down as far as I could to see if I missed any new or updated information, I thought for awhile I was on the Jerry Springer Forum, man what a time for my PC to break. Don't worry I would have been right in the middle of that stuff(lol), The riba rage is truly  a tuff thing to keep under control, I've had more arguments at work in the last 7 months than I did in 20 years there. Sure glad they are putting up with my temper tantrums, wouldn't know what to do without insurance at a time like this. Sorry for all the rambling, but I'm just glad to be back, and don't worry I'll be joining in on the next Jerry Springer Episode. See Ya'll and "Happy side free days" -- Harley Dude
Welcome back--You were missed      Joni
Have any of you dealt with thyroid problems in conjunction with hepc/tx?  I just got a call from the GI nurse that my TSH test is showing hyperthyroid and needs to be tested again tomorrow.  I told her about having chest pain, racing heart, hot flushing, weak legs and arms, headache, sore throat, etc.  She says these could be symptoms of overactive thyroid.  How do I distinguish tx sx from thyroid sx?  What a roller coaster this is.  Yesterday undetectable, today hyperactive thyroid! Anyone else out there dealing with the same?  caruu
I'm not trying to say that there is a connection between the two, but I have hypothyriodism/Hashimoto's syndrome (uderactive)
At 4 years old Pooh Bear taught me...."If ya can't say somethin nice....Don't say nothin at all".
Am I the ONLY one who watched that show?
whether or not you have drank or used drugs has not one damn thing to do w/ whether you get a transplant or not at the hospital I worked through. It doesn't even have ant thing to do w/ where you are put on the list. It is determaned by need, not cause. 2/3 of all transplants in the U.S. are Hep C. I drank right up to my liver failure and was scheduled to be put on the list. Thanks be to God, my liver improved enough thru change of life that , for now, I don't need one.      Joni
My thyroid test is still showing hyperthyroid.  I heard from the GI nurse today that my GI and GP had a discussion, I'm to start a new med tonight that lowers blood pressure/chest pain and see the GP tomorrow.  Problem is that the GP office says to monitor my heart rate and bp for 2 weeks and the GI says get in there tomorrow for thyroid scan.  Seems like someone didn't hear the other one.  Anyway, I took the med and will call again tomorrow. Oh, and my white count is down and I'm supposed to reduce the pegasys to 1/2 dose tomorrow.  Bummer!  I just want to take the tx and be done!  Any thoughts on the thyroid/lower dose issues? Thanks, caruu
Thyroids are often affected by tx. Mine was permanently damaged and know i am on supplements. No big deal. It won't kill you, but has to be monitored throughout your life to make sure you are on the right dose. Some people find that when they stop tx their thyroid goes back to normal. I have the opposite problem to yours - undractive thyroid - and no, I didn't distinguish it from the effects of tx, it was pioked up on a routine blood test.
Sherr - I'm with you on this one.  I'm very sorry to see OHC leave the site.  Not crazy about the tone of some of these theads.  I came to this site about a year ago and found good information and tips from so many people - i.e. the need for the pill boxes, and answers to those pesky injection questions etc etc.

I'm going for my six month follow up next week and hoped to share my results when they come in.  I've appreciated all the info others have posted on their own follow ups and wanted to do the same.  But I've decided not to - just don't want to see this info get buried in all the bickering - doubt anyone will benefit from it so I'll just keep it my little secret.  This is my last post - so long and thanks to everyone who helped this past year and to quote Bob Hope - thanks for all the memories.

FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS!!!!  WILL YOU STOP IT!!!!!!!!
You really should read back some of YOUR posts! Ranting & Raving????  What is this....VOTE! Thing?????  Seems to me YOU kicked up a WHOLE HORNETS NEST!!!!  Maybe, you should listen yourself & use some of that cotton wool!
I REALLY didn't want to do this.....but, Sherr....PLEASE STOP NOW!  Then....maybe....WE CAN ALL GET BACK TO BEING CIVIL!!!
Oh wow...I'm with you!!  This is like a new soap opera everyday and doesn't seem to let up.  I guess it makes for some good reading for all the new ones but then they would tire fast like all of us.  I also hate to see OHC leaving as she has so much good information for all of us and if she doesn't...she will do research.  But getting jumped on for helping others could tend to run you off.  And these long letters for posting have me just yawning ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
No.  You are not the only one:

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I'm the only one

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful chaps
They're loaded with vim and with vigor
They love to leap in your laps
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN
Is I'm the only one.

Tiggers are wonderful fellahs.
Tiggers are awfully sweet.
Everyone elses is jealous,
And thats why I repeat...

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Are Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!
Is I'm the only one.
Yes, I'm the only one
(GRRrrrrrr...) ooOOoooOOooooOOOO!!!

G
Hope y'all don't mind if I cut in here....but I noticed a newbie {jg2001}that I don't think has been welcomed to the forum..:0  probably got lost in all of the "Fallout"

jg2001...welcome to the site....I hope you find the support and info you need here....If you look back through some of the old threads and through the archives...I'm sure that most of your queations will be answered :)
Here is also a list of sites that are very helpful:

Get the basics on the FAQ's of these general HCV sites:
http://www.liverfoundation.org/ (American Liver Foundation)
http://www.natap.org
http://www.hepnet.com/hepc.html
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/c/fact.htm
http://www.carbonbased.com/cbcblood.htm
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/pubs/chrnhepc/chrnhepc.htm
http://www.battlinghepc.com./
http://www.hepcassoc.org/links.html (many links)

http://www.themedicineprogram.com/info.html (helps pay for meds if you can
Thanks for your replies.  I'll find out later if the thyroid test continues to be low (I think it's low that causes hyper?).  I was hoping maybe it's contributing to some of the sx and that fixing it would help me with the anxiety, chest pain, pounding heart, etc. but it sounds from britgirl like that wasn't the case for you.  Anyway, I'm headed out to see the vampires
again:-).  Just kidding...I really appreciate the work they do. caruu
I saw your post about your mouth.  This was a big problem for me in tx but most of this won't apply to you.  I had radiation for tonsil cancer in 2000.  It makes your mouth permanently more vulnerable to tooth decay and periodontal disease and makes them harder to treat when they occur.  My mouth was pretty dry when I started tx and the inf/riba dried it out more.  When I started the AD it got drier still.  Then I got fungal infections called candida and thrush as well as a fungus infection in the corners of my mouth.  I also got something called lichen planus which isn't an infection but causes sore white streaks in your mouth.  The hepc dr said that these were common sx of inf/riba and prescribed a topical anti-fungal drug.  My mouth was godawful sore for the whole 11 months.  I'm now 5 months post-tx and my mouth feels like it did when I started.

I'd been seeing a specialist in mouth diseases regularly since the radiation and we talked at length about the hepc tx.  He doesn't think that it causes periodontal disease directly but, as you probably know, the drier your mouth the friendlier it gets to bacterial infections.  He biopsied the lichen planus because it can be a precurser to cancer.

There's a prescription drug called Salagen which stimulates saliva production and may help you.  I use it.  There's a company called Biotene which makes over-the-counter stuff for dry mouth.  I like their chewing gum.

The standard recommendation for people with a shaky periodontal state is a deep scaling every 3 months and prompt treatment of pockets when they appear.  None of the guys I see think that inf/riba does permanent damage to your mouth but you have to treat the temporary conditions as they appear.

You don't have to worry about this but if I need a traumatic procedure like periodontal surgery or an extraction I'm going to need between 15 and 30 hyperbaric oxygen treatments to help it heal and avoid bone necrosis.  The radiation reduces blood flow and that doesn't change with time.  I have all my teeth, no periodontal disease and bone loss that's typical for my age (61).  I floss, brush, and soak them in a flouride gel daily using trays.  Pain in the ass but I like my teeth.

Good luck.
Caruu:

In keeping with the Pooh theme that the trouble-making Indiana started, I would have to say that Eeyore definitely had an underactive thyroid gland, otherwise known as hypothyroidism.  Whereas, Tigger undeniably had an overactive thyroid gland, otherwise known as hyperthyroid.
What the hey happened around here, embattlement? Wishing you all peace and serenity brothers and sisters. Be well.
landfill : many thanks for the detailed information. I've been using the biotene mouthwash throughout and am scheduled for a root scaling in march. In hindsight, it would have been much better to do it on tx!

This is an issue that others on tx may want to note. Both combo-tx and the often-associated ADs commonly lead to dry-mouth. Also a drop in infection-fighting neutrophils is a very common side of combo-tx. As a result, your normal dental hygiene routine may not be sufficient to keep gum-line infection at bay. Scheduling more frequent cleanings and/or scaling during tx may be necessary to avoid periodontal damage.

Steve: if I understood your question, it was investigated by the swiss-based Ditto-HCV study  <a href="http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/2003icr/03_assld/docs/pegasys/102703_b.html">reported</a> last Oct. They took quite  a few early VL measurements, used Avidan Neumann's (very-successful) composite predictors to classify patients into rapid, slow and null-response tracks, then tried individualized therapy for different tracks (eg treating slow responders for a longer time). Somewhat surprisingly, the customized tx did not significantly outperform, the "in-the-box" standard tx. So it looks like in-the-box tx isn't too far from optimal for the current meds.
gwithhepc: well, I'd be the last to defend Indiana against charges of general trouble-making, but Pooh bear does have revelance to our current hornet's nest. As I recall, hornets do tire out and buzz away fairly quickly..
Willing: Good analogy.

Just for the record, although I think it is obvious, I am just kidding about Indiana.  But, never can be too careful in a hornets nest ;-)
Mine went Hypo due to TX. I'm on synthroid now daily. It takes time now to find the right dose. I am also wondering if my thyroid will be OK after TX??  Anyway #20 tomorrow night. The end is near. Good luck and you are experiencing a SX that is documented as possible but not by all.
Thanks for the answer and information.  This is along the lines of what I had in mind.  Overall, not much improvement, however, if you look at the results, there is an increase in SVR for slow responders, both groups, with the 72 week treatment.  I would like to see another study in which this group (Slow, partial responders and Slow, flat responders) was treated with higher dose interferon and longer treatment.  Maybe design it so that 1 group is left on standard protocol, 1 group is given standard dose for 72 weeks, 1 group is put on higher dose for the standard 48 weeks, and 1 group is put on higher dose for 72 weeks.  This seems to be the group that might benefit.  The results of this study do seem to indicate that individualized treatment does not seem to be of benefit for Rapid responders or Non Responders.

What do you think?

Best to you and to all,
Steve
You have to be really, really sick w/really, really good insurance to go the transplant route.  Sine the average wait for a liver is 23mo and the average patient dies waiting, anyone on the list has to be under constant med supervision and ready to transplant at anytime.  To stay on the list, you do have to abstain, so just about all transplant patients have yrs of sobrity.

The tragedy of not treating ESLD'ers, is many of us respond to tx, cure and make the nec lifestyle changes to not be eligible for transplant.  Not tx'ing is a death sentence.  Tx'ing seems to extend our lives, b/nobody knows for how long.

Few this ill, decomp-liver failure-have regained a long, high QOL.

I personally never considered transplant-I only worked on improving the QOL for the time I had left.  So here I am, cured w/a high QOL!
I'm new HERE, but 'been dealing with HCV since 1985.

What did Naomi Judd do?  I have NO idea, but if she went east, she's probably as healthy as I am now!  :)

My story:
I found out I had it when fatigue began where it wasn't previously, and then tried to donate blood for a drive, and got "the call".
I went to a Dr, got a biopsy, found out it had to be in 1985 (I was exposed to it then), and he said there was enough scar tissue present to indicate that.

He immediately put me thru the interferon hell. (more below).  After I couldn't take it anymore, I went looking for more answers.

Since 1995 I have consumed a gallon of decaf Green Tea a day

In 2002, my chiro in SD, CA introduced me to colloidal silver.  Not just ANY silver, either.  These silver particles are processed down so small, it penetrates the cell walls, so it works EVERYWHERE in the body.

Then I found out about “Milk Thistle”, which helps the body to create more LIVER cells.  I take a potent extract.

Then the amazing fruit “Mangosteen”, in the liquid vitamin/mineral VEMMA.  I LOVE the taste, too.

THIS combination has SAVED MY LIFE, and flat out CURED me, period.

In 2002, my Gastro Dr. told me I was nearing stage 4, and at best, w/o a transplant had 1-3 yrs to live.  He said my genotype was particularly aggressive, and was progressing faster than most with similar.  My viral load was 3.8 m/ppm.

I was very jaundiced, about 85 lbs (5'1"), and had already gone the interferon route back in '95, (which was TOTALLY unsuccessful AND the biggest waste of time, money, pain, and my marriage possible.)
I was bed ridden for almost 6 mos, lost most of my hair, constant vomitting, and if anything stayed down, it was diarrhea.  I had to hire help for my then 5 yr old daughter, and daily chores, including washing me.  I was in so much pain, and so weak, I couldn't walk for almost 3 mos.  (This was 10 yrs after contraction of HCV.)  The interferon almost killed me, and at that time, there were no other combo drugs being offered with it.  It was pure hell for me, brain fog, wild violent mood swings, and a lot of memory loss, etc.)

SORRY for the gory details, but it is imperative to compare the MIRACULOUS difference now.
Today (April of 2008) I am healthier than EVER, negative Hep C test, 0 viral load, PERIOD.  I weigh 110 lbs, my skin is clear and rosy, my eyes are white, healthy, my hair has all grown back in thick, I never have night sweats, or liver cramps anymore, and no more diarrhea, either, YAY!!
There is no other word for it; I am CURED, not in remission.

I am NOT the only one who has figured this out, either.  "Google" people who have cured Hep C with “silver”.

Western Medicine is aimed at taking our money, and keeping us alive long enough to suck us dry financially, with no "cure" available, and barely address the symptoms, except with more drugs that cause more side effects.  I'm sorry, but BS!!!  Whoever made a comment about silver doing nothing but making you blue has NO idea what they're talking about.  Silver has no contraindications with ANY other meds or supplements, leaves the body attached to Vitamin K (dk. leafy veggies, etc), causes NO side effects, tastes like pure water, and kills over 650 bacteria, VIRI, and fungi; most on contact, others within 30 seconds.  HCV is a VIRUS.  Since 2002 I have had ONE cold/flu type illness.  Yep, ONE in over 6 yrs!!!  There’s no denying RESULTS.  Hype is worth nothing, results are everything.

Back to the “cure”, the eastern medicines concentrate on curing the cause, not suppressing the symptoms.
There IS a cure, and I PRAY that even ONE person reads this, tries this, and LIVES!!!
Here's my daily regiment, and how long I've used each supplement.
Be prepared, it "ain't" cheap, but what is the price of your LIFE?
And no, of course western medicine insurance covers NONE of this.
QOL?  Mine is the best EVER!!  It's WORTH EVERY PENNY, to me!

God bless you all.
----------------------------------------
*Pray daily.

*One gallon, decaf, home brewed, Green Tea, EVERYDAY.  Water, pomegranate, and pineapple juice additions as preferred.

*One 8 oz bottle of Sovereign Silver, www.natural-immunogenics.com each WEEK, by swishing, then swallowing 7 tsps a day (total), throughout the day (Approx $35, also available at Vitamin Shoppe, and many other health food stores, “brand” here is imperative, all silvers are NOT equal).  Most important thing to know here is MORE is NOT better.  The SMALLER the particle size, the more places it can help you.  This company boasts .0008 microns.  I haven't found smaller yet...

*Two 32oz bottles of VEMMA a MONTH, www.MakeMoneyWhileYouParty.com, vitamin/mineral liquid with the Asian fruit Mangosteen (HIGH antioxidant, and vit./min. balanced well, best part: tastes AWESOME, no nasty “all health no flavor”...they use strawberries, kiwi, etc to sweeten, nothing artificial)  Approx $70...
*One 120 count bottle a MONTH, Maxximum Milk Thistle, www.NaturalWellness.com.   I take 3 in the morning, and if I decide to have a drink ONCE in a while, I'll take 3 at night, and then 3 more midday, for a couple days before and after, to help ward off any potential damage to my ultimate goal (HEALTHY liver).  (I drink for birthdays and New Year's,...'don't really like drinking, so that was a BIG plus in healing my liver…‘never have been a "drinker".)  Approx $35...

*Last, but far from least, POSITIVE thinking.  It works better than ANY medicine...what you BELIEVE is your reality, you CAN will yourself WELL, or anything else you choose.  Most people never use 10% of their brain capacity.  It is the union of the mind and soul that opens the doorways to higher understanding.  Realizing your awesome potential is an epiphany, and a perspective changer, and the doorway to telekinetic energy, even focused within our own bodies.  I know this is "really out there" for some people, but the bottom line still remains the same, some combination of the above regiment has HEALED, CURED, and given me my LIFE back, and I could never be happier!  :)

OK, that's IT.  I've been on silver since 2002 and I no longer have Hep C.  I PRAY someone else finds this info and saves their life, too!  If you know ANYONE else with this horrible, often silent disease, PLEASE at least share this with them and let them decide if it's worth a shot.  I didn't find it in time to save my best friend of 20 yrs, but I was blessed to be able to help him cross over, by being by his side ‘til the last minute.  It was an incredible experience, not only taking care of him, but seeing what HCV does to your body, knowing I had the same thing, and hadn't found THIS info yet.  But, on the bright side, I earned another guardian angel! :)

Now I have to "pay it forward" and share this info with anyone who will see it.

I'm totally open to more discussion on this, too.  Email me any time!  :)
Now I'm reading Gregg Allman is doing well on interferon.
How do I get THIS info to HIM??
I have yet to see which genotype Naomi Judd had/has. For the purpose of this discussion, we should look with skepticism upon anything that blares the word 'CURE', however well-intentioned it may be. And of course we know that only treatments performed utilizing FDA-approved DRUGS are permitted to carry the term, now don't we?

My assumption - within the context of American bottom-line oriented existence - is this:
IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED FINANCIAL RESOURCES, YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

But I, for one, am keenly interested in Naomi Judd's genotype for the simple reason that cure (in the formal sense of the term) would be difficult, if not impossible with, say, genotype 1-a - the deadliest.
Maybe that's why they're not telling: perhaps she had/has genotype 2 or 3.

Moreover, she bombed the Dragon with a fusillade of artillery both Western and 'alternative'. Other common sense tips from her doctor's bag included such time-tested bolsters as a glass of carrot juice each morning.

I'll keep pecking away to find out her genotype. But for now, nobody with genotype 1-a should be getting their hopes up inordinately.

Davinator
"Shetaz" is a commercial spammer, colloidal silver and milk thistle will not cure you of hep C. It's a complete and utter lie, and also notice how she provides specific web addresses instead of simply saying that it generically worked for her. You can also click on his/her profile and see that the only post she's posted is this colloidal silver "info-mercial." Wherever there's sick people, there will also be parasites hanging around trying to suck money out of them when they're most vulnerable. It's a damned shame but true, and it really gets under my skin when I see it too.
Another 4 year old thread.
Hello Everyone - I have just complete my second round of treatment - first was ten years ago and NIH added SAMe to the Peg and Ribo.  With in the first month my viral load was low enough NIH could nor detect.  I have just ended 76 week of Peg once a week and Ribo and SAMe everyday -twice a day.  The reason I went longer than the 48 weeks is because I had little reaction to the meds and I asked to be in the trial.

I will keep you all posted on if the Hep c comes back - I will be tested every two months for the next six months.  There is hope and the doctors and staff at NIH were great
the book i have by her, she took milk thistle and liver care. i cant remember along with or without tx, but she took them things or was promoting the products. that s how i started taking mt from reading her book.i stop taking mt when i started tx.