Hepatitis C Community
I did find it helpful!!!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I did find it helpful!!!

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my posts. I did receive some good info.  It's all a learning experience.

I think that I may have been misunderstood.  I said in my "concern" post that I found "myself" obsessing.  It was my own fear coming to the front. I have since worked it through. I guess I should not have used the forum for that- but your replies to that post helped me so I thank you.  Sometimes I am too outspoken. You are all ok in my books. I think I understand what these forums are all about now.
Glad to hear it. From diagnosis to biopsy to treatment start to post-treatment recovery, each stage seems accompanied by its own unique fears. The advantage is that pretty much everyone here has gone through or is going through them.

One more detail that never gets explained up front. (There is no rules of the road page, nor as far as we can tell, any way of providing one.) We only get 6 questions per day so when you respond to a previous question, do it at the bottom of the original question so as to avoid using up an extra question.
WOOO-HAAAA !!!!  I'm so excited to hear you're done ~ and looking forward to hearing good news from you down the road.  You have gifted us with so much humor and support and I truly hope all goes well for you.  You're a real trooper going 88 weeks and an inspiration to us all!
Be well and happy.......
ambush :)
Hi everyone.
I am not on tx.....yet.
Im trying to quit smoking as i have no
self discipline to do so on my own.
Im not a heavy smoker, maybe 4 or 5 a day but I think it
is making me more tired than i already am. question is:
do u think nicotine gum or the patch would be bad for my liver???
i have no insurance so i cant ask a doctor, im just asking for opinions.
thank you!

pls use for other posts, im sure u all will do this anyway, lol.

meshell
Here's a big cajun Ahheeee! to you. Totally big congrats to you. As a relative newby here you've been a big inspiration. I lurked a lot at first and your posts, the good humor and optimism you've showed were very positive when I was freaked out over tx.

I think someone called you the Yoda of tx. I echo that with all sincerity and in honest praise. I wish you all the best.
Peace - Gulfcoast
Come on you gutless puke.  I had BIG money down saying you could do 90 standing on your head!  Now at least the price of interferon will come down since the demand will be lessened by your stopping.  Seriously, you must be one tough cookie and your wife must be a saint.  I hope you don't fade away.  I always loved your comments and borderline personality.  Congrats and good health to you.  Raheem.
Someday I'd  be very interested in hearing how it was you and your doc make the decision to extend tx into perpetuity.

As for that magic number you chose, do you recall the song "Rocket 88" by Ike Turner?  It was a valentine to the fastest car on the road at the time--the Oldsmobile "Rocket 88" with a V-8 "rocket" engine.  Very big R&B hit in 1951....recorded by the great Sam Phillips.   In 1991 it was voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as the first ever rock n' roll song recorded.

Looks like you just made rock n' roll history, too.
What can I say but,,,,,,,,,

88 Bottles of peg on the wall, 88 bottles of peg... and Rev_________ used them all.

Why to go now coast back to good health.

TonyZ
You better not leave me now! Congratulations BIG GUY! but PLEAZZZZZZZZZE dont leave my husband now!
Sorry to here of your diagnosis. Are you okay?
Thank you for your advice, its what I was thinking I should do.
doing the patch or other means of quitting would be better than actually smoking.
Will you be starting tx soon?
i just got dx with both Hep B & C a month ago & have not started tx either. I, too, smoke. I had the same question. The answer I got from doctors is that the patch/gum is still putting nicotine into your system/liver like smoking, but without the cancerous effects. Sooo, it's not a lifetime, maintenance 'cure-all', but it is much better to do that while quiting than continue with the smokes.
Needle in for an hour? You are a deeply disturbed individual and I am proud to know you.
.
Hey there,

Saw your post and just had to tell you how happy I am you are finished.  I am sure you have beat the dragon for good and I hope your recovery from tx is speedy and complete.  You deserve it.

In the time I've been coming here, I have always looked for your posts.  They have been encouraging, determined, helpful and, at times, hysterical.  I don't know which ones I enjoyed more.  Please keep us oldsters up to date on how you are doing and lend your prospective to the newbees who are looking for help and support.

I thank you for what you have done for me and others......but this will not stop me from beating your 88 weeks.  As near as I can figure it (brain fog is a wonderful thing), I am at 80 weeks and looking at a minimum of 48 more.  Aint we got fun!!!

Best to you and all,
Steve
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are such an inspiration and I'm so HAPPY for you.  Can't think of anything else to say but WOW!!!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
YOU'RE DONE AT 88??? WOW!! THIS IS A MILESTONE!! I HOPE YOU POST PICS OF THE "SHOOT OFF" OF THE LAST OF YOUR PEG!
Somehow, I think that if you still have the last few weeks of Peg around you may just do them anyways. If ever there could be an Interferon "junkie", it would be you. Hahahahahaha
88 sounds like a GREAT number to stop at to me too. You probably have the liver of an 8 year old by now. And you'll probably live to be 88 at this rate. And I think my waitress at the Hooters restaurant has 88's!!  What a GREAT number!!
We have all watched you scratch and claw and drag yourself to this point. You have inspired so many just by posting your journey through this.
What a ride, eh?
I hope your recovery is quick and easy. I have a special seat all picked out for you on the SVR bus.....close enough to me that you can spit in my eyes and tell me what an a-hole I've been while trying to help you through this. But...You've made it through....and thats all that matters.
You realize that by sopping "Early" you have managed to completely screw up our Wedding plans? I was planning on another month. I guess I will have to cancel those last couple of dates I had with Chevy and Lou. Hahahahaha
I will be waiting with everyone else for your future test results. I have a good feeling about them.
Best of luck to you..........
OMG!  88!!!  You're a true hero in my book!!!!
Congratulations & best wishes for the future.
Love & big hugs
Louise
At 88 weeks, that is about 20 months. I don't know how you did it, but you did. Deepest congratulations.

Someone else asked, but I'll ask again. Can you post something about why you went so long and how you got your dr to agree to it. I'm sure you've posted this before, but a lot of us don't know it.