Hepatitis C Community
I have Hep type 2 b and Graves disease-hyper
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have Hep type 2 b and Graves disease-hyper

Having two diseases in my body makes it very difficult to work.  My hep c is mild inflamable.  My Grave's Disease has causes, blood clots, severe pain in my right arm and right leg.  I am left handed.  Also, my eye doctor has told me my eyes, especially my right eye, has degeneration/dry.  I understand that the Grave Disease makes me at risk for heart attack, blood clots and congestive heart failure.  The severe pain I experience with my muscles in my arm and leg are similar and almost exactly like I have a blood clot.  I go to the ER to be checked and they tell me either I am in congestive heart failure or I do not have a blood clot.  Could you enlighten me with any advise on what I am enduring?
When I am hit with these symtoms (symptoms) I go because I can not be sure whether or not it is a blood clot.  I can not recieve my chemo for 6 months until my grave's issue has been resolved.

Very grateful,
dlm2005
Related Discussions
568322_tn?1370169040
Graves disease can be controlled with the type of medication used to treat hyperthyroidism or by using radioactive iodine...and as a last resort by removing the thyroid.  

Medication may take several months to work.  Once the medication controls the Graves disease symptoms, Hepatitis C treatment is not recommended because Graves disease is an autoimmune disease and interferon can make autoimmune diseases flare-up big time.  

Here's a study you can copy and show your doctor.  (I copied only a small section)...

"Graves Disease in a chronic hepatitis C patient not receiving interferon therapy.

Graves disease is one of the autoimmune diatheses of chronic Hepatitis C infection, independent of interferon-alpha therapy.  Interferon alpha-with its effect on the immune system- is not an ideal agent for the treatment of patients with chronic Hepatitis C who are in remission from hyperthyroidism or have high titres of thyroid autoantibodies.  In these situations, protease inhibitors, antisense compounds, and therapeutic vaccines may hold promise for future treatment of patients."

http://www.hkmj.org/article_pdfs/hkm9603p104.pdf

Co
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979