Hepatitis C Community
IV ozone therapy Hepatitis C 100% effective in irradicating for good?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hepatitis C - IV ozone therapy over 6 treatments 100% effective in irradicating for good?
I this was effective, why would hundreds of thousands of patients be undergoing antiviral therapy with interferon and ribavirin?
Yeah, And I've got a bridge in NYC for sale too! jerry
If you search the web for Hepatitis C Treatment, look only at the official medical sites.  None of the sites that offer nutritional or alternative therapies have ever publicized anything that has been shown to eradicate the virus.  If you choose to play with one of those other therapies, don't spend a nickle unless you can find a reference to it on an official medical site.  Many of those alternative treatments have been evaluated by the medical research community and they can let you know if it is harmless, harmful or might actually have a minor effect in reducing the amount of virus in your blood.  None, so far, has been found to kill the virus.  Only interferon, in combination with other helper pharmaceutical drugs. has been proven to kill the virus.
Actually, ozone therapy is commonly used in almost every hospital in Germany, since the 1960's. Also Russia and Cuba currently use the technique. It was developed by Tesla.

However, while ozone therapy will clear the blood of the virus, it does not penetrate into the intracellular breeding ground of the virus, so the viral levels will rise after treatment and it will not eradicate the virus. Commonly ozone therapy is used daily over a period of about a month to reduce viral loads. It has no negative effect on lysis of red or white blood cells and is perfectly safe with a proven track record of safety.

Unfortunately, viral load seems to reflect the strength of the immune system, so, while ozone therapy may be helpful in terms of viral load in the short term, eventually viral load will rise back to their "normal" levels after cessation of the treatment. Also, it is illegal in the US, so patients must travel abroad for the therapy.

Just to inject some facts into the dialogue of the expert opinions above.

Mike H
because we are stuck in a monetarium society and everything is based upon money and debt, the sad fact is, many of these forms of therepy that actually works and can actually cure serious illnesses they will never be main stream because many jobs will be lost. If they openly admitted there was a cure for cancer and we cured everyone, millions of people will be out of jobs and this will inturn effect the economy world wide, this is why you will never seen any true actual cures being legally allowed to be in use.
i totally agree with what mike-mc said
dallas bay
Where do these guys come from? And, how do they know so much?
Mike
They seem to have come out of the woodwork with their years of expertise. Perhaps they should go over to the ALTERNATIVE THERAPY portion of the hep forum and talk about this bs over there together.......I'm sure they have loads of great treatments they can all try together right?
I am fluent in Russian, have many relatives over there. I've read everything I could find on hep C in Russian publications, they also have a few HCV forums. The fact is not once I saw anyone mention the use of ozone therapy there specifically to treat HCV successfully. Yes, they use ozone in sanatoriums and some clinics, but not to treat HCV, rather simply to help "detoxify" body... for some temporary period of time...

Hep C is a huge problem in Russia thanks to recklessness of medical personnel, tattoo artists, manicurists, dentists who save money by not sterilizing equipment the way it should be. You still can get HCV there from blood transfusion and from surgeries and some medical procedures. Of course, alcoholism and IV drug use overe there contributes to the epidemy too.  Many people there cannot afford the golden standrad treatment drugs. Very few get lucky to get into state-sponsored treatment program (depending on your age, social status, stage of liver damage) that helps you pay for interferon+ribavirin and lab tests.

If, as some suggest, ozone therapy is such a miracle cure for hep C, the situation would be quite different in that country, don't you think? I wish it was that simple to get rid of HCV - I would fly there in a heart beat, tomorrow. But, while it's a nice procedure to have, it does nothing in terms of irradication the virus for good.

I don't buy the whole "evil US healthcare system" conspiracy theory - if ozone therapy is indeed not allowed for use in the US - then there is a good reason for it, usually - for patient's safety reasons.

Sunshines
I just joined this forum and in reading over everybody's comments, I see that there are alot of people who are not as informed as they could be. The truth about the alpha-interferon combination treatment is it only suppresses the virus, it does not eliminate it. There is no way to eradicate the virus at this point. The whole idea of using ozone treatment is also to suppress the virus, without the debilitating side effects of the interferon treatment. If we can stay healthy, suppress the virus, eat well, sleep well, no alcohol and take antioxidant and supportive herbs, perhaps we can stay well until a cure is found....or ,  at the very least, live a long and happy life. I have had the virus for over 30 years and I am healthier than most people without it. That is because of healthy lifestyle choices. So, to all the aggressive non-believers, do your homework, and make an informed decision.
Have you been asleep for the past decade or so?
Many of us in here have been SVR for years - cured - technically and in all ways of hepc.

So I guess that is why Boo thinks you are Sleeping Beauty.  ;)
Mike
It's ironic you are saying others are not informed as much as they could be.  What was the result of you last liver biopsy, and what is your viral load, what genotype are you ?

Like most of us here I did some homework,and made an informed decision.

What's the harm in ozone therapy?
Ozone or oxygenation therapy is based on a non-scientific theory that oxygen content in tissue is key to disease. It uses ozone or hydrogen peroxide as an alleged treatment.  Read more about ozone therapy

Here are 13 people who were harmed by someone not thinking critically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Bramston
Age: 44
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Died (untreated cancer)
November 2004

Seeking a cure for her cancer, she was sold vitamin and herbal treatments for thousands of dollars. Finally she was injected with cesium chloride as part of an ozone therapy, and she died. Read more  

Brendon Johnson
Age: 36
Melbourne, NSW, Australia
Died
April 2007

He travelled to Melbourne and paid AUS $23,000 for six weeks of treatment including ozone therapy. He died a mere three weeks later. The clinic had been investigated in 2005 but somehow remained open. Read more  

Shannon O'Donnell & 6 other Australians
Stirling, South Australia, Australia
Died (untreated cancer)
2003

A friend recommended the doctor for her pancreatic cancer. He treated her with "ozone therapy" and showed her nude photos of his other patients. She died 36 days after beginning treatment. Six other Australians have died from this bogus treatment. Read more  

Melissa Taylor
Age: 33
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Hospitalized
June 22, 2006

This New Zealand woman travelled to Thailand for a cancer cure involving "ozone therapy." The treatment made her so sick she passed out and was hospitalized. The practitioner had served prison terms in the U.S. She later died. Read more & more  

"Jane Roe"
Age: 29
South Australia
Paid $3,000 for useless therapy, Died
2005

Ozone therapy, Quack cancer treatment Read more  

Return to the list of topics

My "make an informed decision" comment was not leaning toward alternative or western medicine. All I was trying to say, was do the research and make an informed decision that is right for you. I have not been sleeping and I am not an ozone therapy salesman. You guys are way too aggressive. I am not a know it all, I am only someone who is looking for information to stay healthy. My viral load is very low, I will not have a liver biopsy and I am genotype 1a. I have only recently heard about vitamin c and Ozone intravenous therapy. Didn't say I was going to do either. Perhaps you guys could try taking a happy pill before you try shredding others. Have a great and peaceful day.
," I see that there are a lot of people who are not as informed as they could be. "

"do your homework, and make an informed decision. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Guess it was because these statements seemed like you weer insinuating that folks here were not researching their alternatives on treating their disease and for the most part that just doesn"t seem to be the case.. All the best

WILL

In order to make an informed decision one needs to be informed and it is clear that you are not.

Your said: "The truth about the alpha-interferon combination treatment is it only suppresses the virus, it does not eliminate it. There is no way to eradicate the virus at this point...."

That is an irresponsible and erroneous statement and clearly shows your lack of knowledge and understanding. You'd be well advised to educate yourself.
Also, having a low viral load  means nothing in the course of liver damage. I too had a very low viral load but was already stage 3 when diagnosed. Had I used the logic and not had a biopsy I probably would be cirrhotic today. Biopsy is the best tool we have to determine how much damage has already occurred - not treating and just thinking low viral load means I am ok is completely incorrect.

Our goal here is to provide as much clear honest reliable information as possible so that as many people as can be will be cured of this disease and not put into the earth instead.
Theres a hole in the ozone...
I spend half my waking hours in the Ozone; and feel much better for it.
"Oh Lord, I'm lost in the ozone again."
Who sang that???  Now it's stuck in my head!
Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen

♪ I told ya a million times how I Love you.

But honey your old shriveled heart won't let me in.

So I'll just relax here, with this glass of gin,

headed for the ozone agin.

Here we go now...

I'm lost in the ozone again.

I'm lost in the ozone again.

One drink of wine, two drinks of gin...

and I'm lost in the ozone again.

Now the neon lights are shinin' bright downtown.

There's a thousand swingin' doors gonna let me in.

I tucked the kids in bed, heh!, eight o'clock and then...

I'm gonna head for the ozone again.

Just watch me...

I'm lost in the ozone again.

I'm lost in the ozone again.

One drink of wine, two drinks of gin...

and I'm lost in the ozone again.

I'm lost in the ozone again.

I'm lost in the ozone again.

Tell me about it now...

One drink of wine, two drinks of gin...

and I'm lost in the ozone again.

One More time now...

I'm lost in the ozone again.

I'm lost in the ozone again.

Now whatcha drinkin'?

Well, I'm drinkin' wine, I'm drinkin' gin...

and I'm lost in the ozone again..... ♪
Thank you, Bill!!  
Yeah, thanks Bill. Because after reading her post, “Oh Lord, I’m stuck in Lodi Again” (CCR) was stuck in my head. Now I’m cured.
you are healthy still because you are at year 30 of having the virus.

most people, in most countries are not diagnosed until they are 30 year carrying this virus.

this is because the virus does not cause many definititive symptoms that are recognizable to most patients, or their doctors. That landscape is changing now, but being diagnosed at the 30 year mark because only then do symptoms becomes more problematic is not uncommon.

when you approach stage 4 is when the real loss of health kicks in.

people might want to read up on the dangers of ozone, not everything that claims to be benign really is.
I guess I am way too stupid for this forum. Thanks for the kind support and direction from people who have the knowledge that I am looking for. Good luck to you all.
No one is saying you are stupid. Well at least I hope they are not.

Every one of us has come in here hoping for answers and knowing next to nothing when we started the process.
All of us have read up on countless alternative cures, hoping aginst hope that something out there would aide our treatment or at the least up our odds of success should we treat with SOC.
There are a few adjuncts that really do show hope and are helpful, but there is a lot of hype out there too.

I would encourage you to continue to read, and learn. Please take with a grain of salt what may be said on a subject. Some of us forget to be kind when trying to correct those treatment we know can cause injury, and this fault is upon us, we need to be sensitive to hurting patients and sometime forget to be. Let me apologize for all of us therefore, but please stick with the forums as you can be greatly helped this way.

I have to tell you, Ozone can be very harmful, especially when treating. The reason for this is that you creat free radicals with ozone therapy. Ozone is basically just a different form of oxygen, and too much oxygen always leads to cell degeneration.

The best way to explain it is to look at a rust object...a cast iron frying pan, or anything you've ever seen all covered with rust. You will notice that great damage is done by oxygen to the metal, which is why it turns red. It get pitted and corroded by exchanging ions with oxygen molecules.  

Beleive it or not, the same thing happens in your body all the time. While we need oxygen to live, and it is life giving, but because WE have iron in our blood and tissues (the same exact iron that is in that frying pan) we rust in the presence of oxygen and moisture, just like the pan will. This then forms something called free radicals, which in turn happen to be the precursors to cancer cells.

Now normally the immune system scrubs these cells out everyday. You literally make thousands of new potential cancer cells each day, and each day the millions of scavenger cells in your plasma scrub them, destroy them so they cannot live, and multiply into mutants, cancer cells.
However the addition of excess oxygen can make it hard for the body to keep up.

First you need to know that all the minerals we eat get thrown off when there is an excess.
Our body tries very hard to eliminate all the excess calcium, salt, and so forth that we eat.
The only exceptions are certain heavy metals, and of course iron, which is so crucial the body will store it for future use. It stores it's excess in the liver. It knows that it cannot make new red blood cells without it, and since it has to make them all the time (red blood cells die in a few weeks always) it stores this essential mineral.

Actually, the way oxygen gets to a cell is marvelous. We need the oxygen to burn the fuel in each cell...the sugar that makes it into the cell cannot be used without a fuel to burn it, and oxygen is that fuel. The iron attracts the oxygen (the rusting process is isotopes being bonded), carrys it in the blood a short distance and then drops the O2 at the cells doorway and returns to the lunds blue, absent it's O2 but having picked up the carbon dioxide, CO2, on the return trip.

Add to this equation the fact that many people with liver disease have excess iron already in their livers, which means that the seeds of new cancer cells have the trigger already laid down in that organ. That's where the liver stores all your excess iron!!

Add to that equation the fact that when treating with SOC the body usually cannot keep up with the demand for new blood cells, ergo our red cell count gets lower on treatment, and all that iron not in use gets stored for the moment. (we have a member right now who has seen his iron load go up to 800 since tx ensued)...

Under those conditions, with low HGB, red blood cells, you can't just give more oxygen and solve the anemia, because there simply aren't enough cells to carry the gas...and making a richer oxygen envirnment will ensure that the hundreds of thousands of extra iron molecules in the liver will now be forming free radicals at a very rapid rate.

Hence, the higher the iron overload, the higher the chances go of developing the deadly HCC. (hepatic cancer) Studies all show the correlation between iron levels and HCC.
The more advanced the disease, the more likely HCC will develop as well. YEt even if not in an advanced stage, controling the iron overload is considered important.
Some doctors even bleed their patients to help control the iron problem, but when treating this is dangerous since valuable and needed cells are lost in the process.

As I said, ozone is just a type of oxygen so please study the topic before deciding what to do.

Since I joined this forum we have seen dozens of patients blow countless thousands of dollars, their life savings, on questionable therapies, and machines that they've been told will cure them or at least make them better without "HARMING" them.
The question becomes how reliable is the science. Are they telling you everything, is there any possible down side, any possible side effects. The truth is, everything we eat, drink, breath or apply to our skin has some kind of effects upon us. Unless we do our own homework, and find out what those side effects may be, we could end up doing ourselves more harm than good.
I'm sure everyones heart is in the right place, just wanting to see you have a real chance at regaining your health, and not wanting to see you taken advantage of. But sometimes we all just need to explain ourselves better.
Stay well Diva, just stay well.

mb
Tell people they're uninformed, and they need to do their homework ?

Then cry foul when they object to your snake oil, and rude statement.

I love it when someone who has never bothered to treat their disease  tells the people who had the courage to deal with it how "uninformed" they are.

Thanks for the laugh.

obviously you are new and don't know I treated for 88 weeks.

also you don't know it, but i've been a proponent of many adjunct therapies, but only those proven scientifically to have benefit and do no harm.

telling a patient to do their own homework is code for not taking anyone's word for anything, but doing some proactive searching to make sure we are being told truths and not being sold a bill of goods.

also, you missed entirely the spirit of the post, which was consolatory in nature.

knee jerk reactions only degrade the quality of our discourse.

please don't assume that people who take the time to explain themselves have no concern for others. You wouldn't want someone to do that to you, right?
I know he'll get around to responding but I just happened to stop by...it looks as if James addressed his comments to Diva and not yourself.  

Insert Emily Litella's "Never mind.." here? :)

Hope you are well.

Trish
thank Trish, doing very well thanks...and you???

I'm starting to gather steam for the summer...PI time..eek...lions and tigers and bears!!

It's good to see the discussions are still as lively as I remember them being!!
Doing fabulously awesomely fantastically well, thanks. :)  Life is good.  

Some interesting PI's coming along and I hope you find the magic bullet for you.  Discussion for another thread perhaps...and let the ozone thread go into the ether. :)  
I was posting to Divas.

Unfortunately there is only one therapy proven to work.

I can't tell you how much respect I have for someone that has done 88 weeks of tx !
anyone try molecular silver???thanks bill54 for the lerics...
a few years ago hepatitis researcher,  a respected physician and scientist that used to come to this site, said that someone tried an in vitro experiment with silver and there was little effect on the virus.
In agreement with it'sallgood.  HR actually has a lab and they tested colloidal silver and It had no effect on the HCV virus.  That closed the book on silver for me.  I have in the distant past, gargled with it for a sore throat and had some success, as far as I could tell.
It won't cure the HCV virus though.
Best wishes,.
Ev
I was diagnosed with chronic HCV in October 2010. The acute infection was in 1977 so I have had HCV for 33 plus years. My viral load in October 2010 was 11.9 M/ml. After extensive research online, I discovered two integrative medicine doctors in London, one uses laser blood irradiation therapy and the other ozone autohemotherapy. Faced with the certainty of having to treat the HCV, I decided to have 10 treatments of each to see if they had any effect.

First, in November I had a red and green laser light exposed to my blood through an intravenous fibre optic cable. Fifteen minutes of each colour every other day. I was shown a live blood analysis before and after treatment and could see visible changes in my red and white blood cell activity and characteristics.

After these 10 laser treatments, later in November, I had 10 ozone treatments, 2 per day every other day. Blood was drawn and mixed with ozone and then re-introduced back in to my vein.

All of these treatments were painless with no side effects. In fact, I had more energy then usual and felt terrific. The only other treatment was I self administered at least 1200mg of S-ame and took a multivitamin daily.

In the meantime I had a liver ultrasound. I returned to the liver clinic on the 2nd of February 2011 for follow-up blood tests and to discuss starting the more conventional interferon and ribavirin treatment. My liver scan was fine. What amazed me was that I just discovered that the blood results from the 2nd of February show that my viral load is down to 1.1 M/ml, so obviously the more unconventional approach to treatment had a great effect.

Unfortunately, in the UK the laser and ozone treatments are not funded by the National Health Service and so this cost me about £1600 ($2000). The more conventional interferon and ribaviron treatment is free on the health service.

I would like to continue with more laser and ozone treatments to see if I can completely eradicate the HCV through these unconventional approaches, saving myself from the chemical side effects associated with the more conventional approach to treatment.

My personal experience demonstrates that more research needs to be done on the use of ozone and blood irradiation therapy to treat HCV.

This may also be an approach to explore for those who have had a non-response to interferon and ribavirin treatment.
BTW - I am 1b.
I am sorry to say this, but you spent your money for nothing. Nothing. Because viral load going from 12 mln to 1 mln has absolutely no clinical meaning. It doesn't change anything about the way hepatitis C progresses. Patients with viral load of 50,000 can quickly develop cirrhosis. And I personally know a person with viral load of 55 mln who is still stage 1 after 45 years of having this disease.

Viral load fluctuates constantly. When my husband was diagnosed with hepatitis C, his viral load was 22 mln. Two years later it fell to 1 mln. This happened with us doing nothing at all about hepatitis. By the way, he was feeling great when he had 22 mln load, and felt horrible with 1 mln load.

The price you quote is huge. I can not even imagine spending this kind of money for achieving something that has no effect on disease progression, will not cure you, and that can occur naturally without you doing anything at all. If you have money to burn, I guess nobody can prohibit you to do this. But let me be direct with you-you will never achieve complete virus eradication this way. Never. The only thing that will definitely be eradicated is your money. And trust me, people who administer these "therapies" know how to make you to part with cash. The virus replicates in the liver cells where ozone or laser can not get. Even if the virus is completely gone from blood, it will quickly replicate in the liver, and you will still have viral load. If your goal is to get rid of the virus completely, you have to take interferon and ribavirin. Currently, there is no other way to eliminate the virus for good.
You seem to be the medical expert on this subject. Can you please provide me with a list of medical research articles to support your claims?

Spending money on ozone or laser is no different then spending money on poisonous pharmaceutical compounds which can only suggest a 50 - 50 chance of HCV eradication after 12 months of suffering (based on 2 small scale clinical trials). I worked for one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies and know the business well. Do I trust these money grabbing faceless corporations with my health? Be serious!

Both doctors providing the treatment were well respected medical practitioners with many success stories and research which was shown to me. These doctors are not share holders in pharmaceutical companies like many of the doctors who I sold drugs to are. So when it comes to promoting self interest and the choice of where I want to spend MY MONEY, I would prefer it to not go to some faceless corporate shareholders who you really cannot trust. They take your money and you don't even know who they are!! Because they are just about money and do not care about anyone's health but their own!!

Also, unless you yourself have the disease and have tried the treatments you really cannot provide any valid argument, judgement, knowledge or understanding to someone who has HCV. My brother has been through the pharmaceutical route and after 7 years he is still HCV free. There is no denying it can work. However, what long term effects of the treatment don't we know about? Is the suffering of side effects necessary?

Armchair doctors are not what we HCV patients need. We need independent, knowledgeable, open minded, medical researchers and patients like myself who are willing to take risks, spend some money and explore what is possible in combating HCV. It is easy to sit back and assume that your own experiences apply to everyone and thinking you have all the answers. This is not good science and nor is it going to help find alternative and possibly better approaches to combating HCV.

If me spending $10,000 or $20,000 OF MY OWN MONEY towards the research of HCV treatment, whether it helps me or not, goes towards proving that alternatives work or don't, then it is money well spent for the benefit of all HCV sufferers.

Sitting back passing judgement and debunking these treatments helps no one.
   "my viral load is down to 1.1 M/ml, .

Unfortunately, in the UK the laser and ozone treatments are not funded by the National Health Service and so this cost me about £1600 ($2000). "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately,you still have HCV,and someone else has your $2,0000.

Please keep us informed though.
You should have gone the free route and tried for the cure - too bad that was a lot of wasted money for nothing. But I guess free enterprise is alive and well not only in the States but abroad too.  Sad that they do this to people who just dont know any better, they should be shot. OR injected with HCV and then given their own non-working therapy.
HCV trials show definite medical progress --- leads to --- Hep C gaining media profile --- leads to --- snakeoil sellers identify new opportunity --- leads to --- normal gullible humans being conned again --- leads to --- unnecessary death, suffering, stupidity --- oh, and profit; --- which leads to --- infestation by the cult of alt.health.
Unfortunately, viewed in log expression, the difference between 7,800,000 (log 7.08) and 1,100,000 (log 6.04) is only log 1.04; interferon/ribavirin combo alone can accomplish these reductions in days; and sometimes hours.

I agree that alternative therapy needs to be researched, however ‘research’ is the operative word here; I don’t think IV ozone is ready for prime-time clinical applications. If it is to be studied, using it in this fashion proves little without first ensuring scientific method is in place.

Good luck to you,

Bill
Ok, so I have come on to this forum to share my experience and was only suggesting that after a couple weeks of ozone and laser my viral load was down significantly and that more research is needed to see if I can iradicate the HCV by this. Who knows maybe after 2 months, 6 months or 12 months it may happen. I came on here to share this experience thinking it may be beneficial to others considering the approach or hearing from others who have actually experienced the treatment themselves. I never implied it cured my HCV. It is my money and my risk which I made by informed choice. It is my life and believe it or not, I am allowed to make these decisions.

But from your responses all I have received is negative, self indulgent comments suggesting I have thrown my money away. None of you have even said you tried it and it didn't work. You just regurgitated your own negative beliefs for what ever egotistical (or financial) reason you have.

Well you know, many people who have HCV acquired it from drug use and I am sure they spent more money on their self indulgent destructive lifestyle choices of drugs and alcohol, far exceeding what I spent on the ozone and laser. In fact, I suspect many people are spending thousands on poor food and diet choices as well as other crazy things. $1000, $2000, $5000, $10,000 is not a lot of money. How many drug acquired HCV users fired this up their veins without a second thought?

Sorry people, I have come on to the wrong forum. I was looking for open-minded, non-judgemental, scientific and academic discourse, and possibly some supportive souls to share my tale and hear if there where similar stories being shared. I did not realise this was the forum for those who still believe that the world is flat and that everyone who thinks differently is wrong.

Goodbye to you all and best wishes!
I have a great life to be getting on with.
It seems like you did receive some very well thought out answers and some off the cuff answers, but believe me people here are supportive of eradicting HCV and helping those with the disease.
they may not have been the answers you wanted, but people here do want you to succeed.
good luck
" I was looking for open-minded, non-judgemental, scientific and academic discourse,"

As we are...so please ..as I asked previously,keep us informed of all scientific facts and discourse on ozone therapy as a cure for HCV.
What always gets me is their absolute arrogance. They're always so certain and consider themselves so knowledgeable and us so naive, uneducated, biased and stupid.
And, they never ever have one scintilla of real evidence in support of their approach - never!

Relieved,
Mike
But from your responses all I have received is negative, self indulgent comments suggesting I have thrown my money away."

Unfortunately, you have thrown your money away it is a plain simple fact and we are trying to help you avoid wasting any more on something that will not work. However, if you choose to ignore well intended, correct advice and continue on with this 'therapy' there is nothing we can do to stop you, only warn you.

As our expression is around here = let the buyer beware.
I was thinking about doing the stem-cell thing they did a special on DateLine about.  I guess with like $50000 they can cure anything in Mexico...

For those who had not seen it, they were taking money from terminally ill patients and either ripping them off or paralyzing them with the botched attempts to inject stem-cells into them.  Things like spinal menengitis, and other really horrible side effects.
Like they injected that stuff into poor Priscilla Presley (Lord forgive me I can't spell her name it's just a blank) and froze her face up?  So much to be careful about when dealing with non-approved treatments. So much.
Hi.
I'm very sorry you felt you encountered hostility here.  Here's my story --I was offered a free ozone therapy treatment from a friend and started googling and found articles about Kenneth R. Thiefault and his wife, Mardel Barber, formerly of Jupiter, Florida.  Now, that isn't what helped me decide not to take my friend up on her offer for the free treatment.  I also discovered/read that it can possibly lower your viral load and give you what is essentially a "temporary" low reading.  As I am in a Clinical Trial, I didn't wish to mess around with it.  
But my friend feels great after her ozone treatments.  If I was not in a trial, or facing treatment in the immediate future I might try it, but, with the understanding that I couldn't find any facts that it cured anything. Who doesn't want to feel good? I do. Boy, if this is a cure - that would be great.
Thanks for posting-got everybody going, didn't you - he he he
We are all in charge of our own treatment -many of our own doctors are uninformed. It's scary out here.
Not a druggie, never was, never will - who cares anyway? We need cure for all. Now.
SC7

It isn"t really that the poster encountered hostility,however as Mikesimon mentioned some folks seem to just show up here   with a somewhat arrogant attitude touting a cure for what we have , with very little and most times no basis in fact or science for what they proclaim.

Many times these same people speak to us like we like we have no clue what we are doing or as if we are just blindly following along the path of HCV cure never having done any investigation or research.

I would imagine that is not at all the case for anyone here. Most people have done many hours of research,and so far there seems to be only one thing that eradicates the virus to  a degree of  sensitive detection and that is the combo of Inf/Riba and some people have found success with other things thrown in to that mix.

In the meantime there seems to be some natural products and combination of supplements and  ..who knows, maybe ozone therapy that helps to keep viral loads down or suppression of fibrosis,and in my opinion if we are trying those things  with that in mind but realizing that as of yet there is no proof of cure to theses methods then  each person should choose for themselves the avenue they take,and yes be free to talk about it here.

However ,again it is the person that comes here that professes to know of a cure with no proof of such that will be cut short pretty quick ,as they should be,for there are many new people that come here and read these posts  and it could be dangerous for them if they were to think one of these methods was indeed a cure when it is not and then not consider treating with what is proven to work.. ,,at least  for some.

Sorry for the long rant...just wanted to vent that.

WILL
You should spend your money any you want.  In my open-minded, non-judgmental opinion, the loss of $2000 is a very painful side effect.  It sure would pain me.

Good luck managing your hep c.  I wish you and everyone with this #&$@&! virus the very best in the battle.
Whoa, wait a minute.  In the "Suit vs. Hippie" thread you were a terrible person if you didn't agree that there were herbal supplements available in China and from various herbal providers. So why are people accepting of herbal cures but not ozone ?
"What always gets me is their absolute arrogance. They're always so certain and consider themselves so knowledgeable and us so naive, uneducated, biased and stupid.

Relieved,
Mike"

Regardless what you think of o3works' perspective, I didn't see anything at all that indicated arrogance and certainly not absolute arrogance.  I also didn't see any indication she felt people on this forum were naive,  uneducated, biased or stupid.  

Rather - someone is excited to share something they don't think is common knowledge and they think might help others - regardless if they are correct or not.   I'm sure she's quite aware that ozone therapy is not even remotely mainstream and that very very few people are using it.  On that she'd be correct, wouldn't she. So why would she come in to a Hep C forum and expect everyone to know about it when that's not her experience?  She's also tried it and I'm quite sure she knows very few people have.  It's reasonable for her to make an assumption that she's not going to find very many people here who have tried ozone therapy and that she has an experience to share that very few people do.  On that, I'd say she was quite correct also. Her intent seems honourable, regardless if there is disagreement on the value of her chosen therapy.

She's excited - on the same quest as all of us - looking for a cure.  There are a number of things that have not been able to be clinically tested so it's only fair to say that the current pharmaceutical treatment is the only known clinically proven cure.  That does not preclude the possibility that there might be some value in something else out there and only a myopic person would say that pharmaceuticals are the only possibility.  They're the only clinically proven cure at this point.  However....it's a big wide world and not necessarily the only possibility.  Not always will there be clinical data but sometimes only for lack of the financial realities of running clinical trials, not necessarily for lack of possibility.  So until then we are forced to rely on whatever evidence that IS available.

She's only sharing her personal experience and not at all saying ozone therapy is a cure.  She's saying she's excited about the possibility and saying "what if..... "  All she's coming with is her experience, some hope, some excitement, some good intentions ... perhaps people like that could be treated a little more kinder and gentler

If we can patiently explain over and over to all sorts of folks why the most preposterous exposure scenario has NOT put them at risk of Hep C infection, maybe a little generosity of spirit from those who consider themselves to have attained a certain amount of knowledge from all their research and experience would be more useful.
You certainly have the right to spend your money any way you like.  You want to make sure you have accurate information however and particularly when you present it in public.  Other people read the information and all of us here want people reading accurate information. You CAN expect anything questionable to be challenged.  Alot at stake, isn't there.  

"Spending money on ozone or laser is no different then spending money on poisonous pharmaceutical compounds which can only suggest a 50 - 50 chance of HCV eradication after 12 months of suffering (based on 2 small scale clinical trials). I worked for one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies and know the business well. Do I trust these money grabbing faceless corporations with my health? Be serious! "

Where did you get the idea that there were only ever 2 small scale clinical trials on pharmaceutical compounds for HCV?  Take a look here at clinicaltrials.gov and use HCV as a search criteria and you'll find a wealth of HCV trials at various stages of progress, from Phase 1 all the way through to Phase III trials.  I'm trying to be kind here but how can you know the business well and think there were only ever 2 small scale clnical trials for HCV?

You can spend your money any way you like ... you can choose you don't want to go the pharma route....I just hope you make sure you're very well informed on the pharmaceutical options also as your statement sure doesn't show any evidence you are.  I'm all for people keeping an open mind however you are CHOOSING not to do pharmaceuticals and there are others who can't - you CAN.  So please be aware of all your options.  

I'd also hope you get a biopsy and not only an ultrasound.  Perhaps you don't care for a seemingly invasive procedure however it's still the most accurate assessment tool for liver damage.  An accurate assessment of your liver damage can put a whole new perspective on things.

I'd see mhudnall's post above on ozone therapy as I'm sure he's investigated it quite thoroughly and if he saw merit in it, he'd say so.  Just the same, should continue to research it for yourself.   Lots of smart people here but no medical researchers or scientists to my knowledge.

If you continue down this path, I hope you're getting PCR's for your viral load?  Just wondering how those doctors of yours are testing that.

And...I would keep the pharmaceutical option open...fine to be on the quest for an alternative if you can afford it financially and health-wise, however there really isn't anything clinically proven to be a cure OTHER than those pharmaceuticals and you just might need that option some day.  Some new ones coming on the market that potentially shorten treatment time and all that.  The side effects can be difficult but lots of us have toughed them out .. and HAVE achieved a cure.  

Whatever you decide...good luck with it and keep your mind wide open.  Hope you get a cure.

Trish
  Trish

I believe this" she "is a "he"    :)    
Im going to go out on a limb and say that misinformation should be segregated by mediators.  When I was first diagnosed I came here looking for reliable information.  I had all kinds of advice from Christians, Herbalists, Laser Specialists..... And the list goes on.  All of them claim amazing results, with NO CREDIBLE DATA... NONE... ZERO.... ZILTCH!!!!!  
My own wife is a "Herbalist", and trust me she wanted me to start treatment immediately (Riba/Intfr).  This stuff is not a joke, and people come to places where people are frightened and desperate to try anything.

DONT GET DUPED! THESE PEOPLE ARE CAPITILIZING ON HUMAN SUFFERING!!

They also make claims and then start two Names to back each other up in discussions... Like the old bait and switch at southern tent rivival healer gatherings..

Come on folks.. Lets help each other eliminate these arguments on garbage so we dont loose focus!!

Trish

I believe this" she "is a "he"    :)

Oh.....so he is.  Oops!  Thanks for pointing that out.
Trish, you know that I have a very open mind about addressing hepatitis C. But ozone therapy for this disease is a scam. I am originally from Russia and visit Russian hepatitis C forum. There are a lot of medical scams in Russia, and there are several ozone therapy clinics. Several people on Russian forum tried this treatment, and just as I say viral load goes up and down, but providers claim that after just a few more sessions the patient will be cured. They spend all the money they have. It is the same stuff as Lloyd Wright's frozen thymus. A lot of claims that it cures people, very expensive, but I still have to see at least one cured individual.

Well, in other countries, for example Mexico, ozone therapy doctors are not that shameless. They will say that viral load will probably go down temporarily, that the patient will feel better, have more energy etc. But they don't claim the cure, because there is none. I am sure all the other improvements can occur, but they can be achieved without spending that much money. But most people, including o3works, look for the cure. He talks about completely eradicating the virus with ozone.

People will come here and ask about Lloyd Wright, ozone, and other things. Of course they are free to part with their money in any way they want. Nobody disputes this. But they should be told the truth even if it is unpleasant to them. I think mature adult can handle an unpleasant truth. The bottom line is-there are a lot of scammers who will gladly take advantage of hepatitis C patients. If somebody is a non-responder and lives with a virus or doesn't plan to treat, this is fine, but it doesn't mean that the person should fall for expensive scams.

I also think that for somebody who just posted on this forum for the first time it is kind of arrogant and a little ignorant to say there are just two small scale trials that provide evidence that SOC can eliminate the hepatitis C virus.

Eventually o3works will realize that people here told him the truth. It is just a matter of time.
Certainly there is a Chinese hospital that has cured people using ozone therapy, someone told me.
I'm new to this forum as well. Please don't be discouraged by those who diapprove of your oppinion. There are those such as myself who are eager to learn of your experiences and story but it seems so many of us just don't post because of the aggravation of having to sift through all the negativity.
If you don't share the theme than you will certainly be ganged up on and bullied out of here, all in the name of their truth.
When you see the "WHERE'S THE CLINICAL PROOF" it's the same old line that infers just shut up, we don't want you here.
Imagine a muli billion dollar company putting big bucks into a study of alternative treatments that they cannot patent. How would their shareholders react.
I'm sure that interferon makes the pharma's lots of money. Why would they want to give that up.

People please. let the person speak.
"People will come here and ask about Lloyd Wright, ozone, and other things. Of course they are free to part with their money in any way they want. Nobody disputes this. But they should be told the truth even if it is unpleasant to them. I think mature adult can handle an unpleasant truth. The bottom line is-there are a lot of scammers who will gladly take advantage of hepatitis C patients. If somebody is a non-responder and lives with a virus or doesn't plan to treat, this is fine, but it doesn't mean that the person should fall for expensive scams. "

Totally agree.  I have no issue with that.  I think your post was direct and to the point and told it like it is.  I think it's important that they DO listen and I don't think that's going to happen if people are treated poorly and chased off.  I suppose that's more of my point.   Can people be told unpleasant truths without attacking them personally?  People who are new coming in talking about their treatment troubles get treated like a new member of the family.  People on an exploratory quest excited about what they think they found and wanting to talk about it.....well, they get treated like the trash that needs to be taken out.   There are well-meaning naive or downright clueless people with Hep C and there are downright scammers and maybe we could use a little discretion as to which are which.  I guess that's my point...or maybe simply my point of view.  People aren't going to HEAR those unpleasant truths and will keep spreading them if they don't get educated otherwise and where's the best place?  Amongst other heppers who have been there, done that seems to me.  We take the time with people who have wacky ideas about transmission because the less people spreading misinformation the better.  Seems to me all the more critical to take that time with someone who DOES have Hep C.  

And frankly....sometimes people do have something to offer.  How would we ever know if we don't allow anyone to get past something that only has clinical trial data attached to it?  Not everything of value does.  I don't know who first paid attention to the fact that statins and a drug for Montezuma's Revenge (Alinia) actually had an impact on lowering viral load but I'm glad they did.  Because it's a pharmaceutical, it got put into a clinical trial.  Neither are a standalone cure but they are both considered good add-ons with regular treatment drugs.  Just think it's important to allow certain things to at least be aired out.  It all comes out in the wash, doesn't it?  I think mature people can also handle having a discussion about such things....you would think.  :)

"I also think that for somebody who just posted on this forum for the first time it is kind of arrogant and a little ignorant to say there are just two small scale trials that provide evidence that SOC can eliminate the hepatitis C virus. "

Ignorant, for sure.  That was a bit of a shocking statement when there is such a preponderance of evidence to the contrary.  Great opportunity for people to come back with hard proof to the contrary, isn't it.   It becomes clear rather quickly whether they're really interested in knowing the truth or whether they're hellbent on going down the path they're going....not much to do but let them go and hope it all works out in the end.

Arrogant?  I guess ... I'm usually more amused than offended at people coming in thinking they've got something to tell everybody that they think is new. Sometimes it seems the response by some to these people is the arrogant part.  

I do see your perspective, Tashka.  I'd say we're in almost complete if not complete agreement.  I simply want them to at least go away better informed if possible.  I think they need to dialogue it out sometimes and better they do with us, I'm thinking.  And maybe, just maybe, the learned folks in this forum still have a thing or two they can learn if they don't close off their own knowledgeable well-researched minds.
". $1000, $2000, $5000, $10,000 is not a lot of money." ADOPT ME
Do you ever read closely before you start your lengthy posts?
I've pasted ONE excerpt for you as support for my statement.
I never read your entire posts because they are way too long for my taste.
So maybe the the reality dawned on you at a later time in your post. If so I apologize.

"......You just regurgitated your own negative beliefs for what ever egotistical (or financial) reason you have.

Sorry people, I have come on to the wrong forum. I was looking for open-minded, non-judgemental (sic), scientific and academic discourse, and possibly some supportive souls to share my tale and hear if there where similar stories being shared. I did not realise (sic) this was the forum for those who still believe that the world is flat and that everyone who thinks differently is wrong....."

Mike

" People please. let the person speak. "
_______________________________________

He was allowed to speak.....he told us he has to date spent $2000 and has a viral load of 1.1 mill. and was asked to report back if his viral load got to an UND. level by PCR sensitivity.

What else would you like him to  be allowed to say?

WILL
Please bring on the new methods, let us know when you find a NEW potential cure.  But as for the ones that have been around for some time and have not provided a CURE, then lets make it known immediately.  
In other words, if you find a root in South Africa that works, you would be the first.  Then by sharing that with other HCV patients on forums, you might bring light on a possible new treatment.  
But as for all these Lasers, Ozone, and other Debunked costly ventures that have no value to sick people, CUT EM OFF AT THE PASS!
When you see the "WHERE'S THE CLINICAL PROOF" it's the same old line that infers just shut up, we don't want you here

You are wrong.  The question means exactly what it asks.  People come to the forum looking for facts.  And as much as you hate to admitt it, no one has attained SVR using herbs.  It ***** we have to use Interferon and Riba.  But now your saying proof is unimportant ?  Great advice sir.  Perhaps you could revolutionize criminal law.

+1 Mikesimon, perhaps med help can create a forum for " Hep C cures that have never been proven to work"  and Trish can roll out her clinical studies from china and save lives.  You go girl.
One could argue that the lack of clinical proof is indeed the proof that we are looking for or certainly since the inception of this treatment there would be SOME information that would back up the facts?

I also want to know when a high viral load makes you feel worse than a low viral load? Since it goes up and down all on it's own that makes for one hellarollercoaster life.
"People on an exploratory quest excited about what they think they
found and wanting to talk about it.....well, they get treated like the
trash that needs to be taken out."

Btw so we should just let people come on here and post incorrect MISLEADING old UNPROVEN information because they are so excited about their QUEST and we don't want to make them feel like TRASH?

Gee I thought it was kind of our roll to PROTECT new people from things that would not help them and to teach them what was passed on to us by all the hardworking intelligent people who put hours and hours into researching studies and speaking to world renown heptologists and then reporting their answers back in here?

But I guess we can just say sure colloidal silver - it's great!
Mike:

"Do you ever read closely before you start your lengthy posts?
So maybe the the reality dawned on you at a later time in your post. If so I apologize. "

Aside from the irony of taking me to task for not reading a post all the way through....without reading my post all the way through..... :)

I read your one pasted excerpt.  I would have to say... mea culpa.  Nope...didn't really read that all that well.  I got to your comments and that was as far as I got in YOUR post ... the tone of it wasn't to my taste, I've seen that kind of sentiment just one time too many and the fingers flew.

My comments *in general* stand....however, I'd have to concede that you had a point with regards to the poster of your pasted excerpt.

""People on an exploratory quest excited about what they think they
trash that needs to be taken out."

But I guess we can just say sure colloidal silver - it's great! "

That's a ridiculous interpretation of my comments and a ridiculous thing to say.

If you want to protect new people, perhaps you can take the time and patience to educate them. How about that for a novel idea?  Some should be chased off and it quickly becomes apparent who ... however far too many were an opportunity lost to either learn FROM them or provide them with information that would have helped them considerably.  Far too many were an opportunity lost to keep them from taking their misinformation with them as you kicked them out the door without protecting them whatsoever.  Try that on for size, if you can.
"+1 Mikesimon, perhaps med help can create a forum for " Hep C cures that have never been proven to work"  and Trish can roll out her clinical studies from china and save lives.  You go girl. "

James, you can scoff and make fun all you like.  As much as I support the treatment option for those who can, when I'm in touch with people who did not get SVR after a round or more of treatment or cannot do treatment for various reasons and say "what do I do now?" and are wanting to find a way to prolong their lives in the absence of treatment, I can bet you I'll have something more solid to offer them than "pray."  I'm good with that.
Please discuss this without making it personal.  Thanks!

Emily
and are wanting to find a way to prolong their lives in the absence of treatment, I can bet you I'll have something more solid to offer them than "pray."

This is the Hail Mary of all touchdown throws and you know lowering the VL matters when it's at zero for over six months. I seriously do not understand why someone who has been through treatment and on this forum for a long time would negate every single dictated and supported fact like this. It's almost like you just want to argue so badly you cant stop. In all seriousness what does this DO to "prolong life" in the absence of treatment?

BTW the pray comment was 100% sarcastic but you know what, it has just as good a chance at making a difference as ozone therapy.  Maybe even more.

Why would any of us encourage this person to spend more money on something that simply does not and never has worked? That is just irresponsible, there are better issues to argue about just for the sake of argument.
Trish, you said:
"...My comments *in general* stand....however, I'd have to concede that you had a point with regards to the poster of your pasted excerpt. ..."

Yes indeed, I did have a point. That is because I really do read very carefully before I post.

You, on the other hand, did not have a point when you referenced me and attempted to take me to task.

Rest assured that when I comment on something you post I have read it quite thoroughly. That is not to suggest, however, that I read all of your posts thoroughly. When I see a real long one - which isn't unusual - I usually read the first 2 or 3 sentences and by that point I know what it is that you're driving at.

Regarding "prayer":

I found this interesting though I guess a distinction could be made between "prayer" and "spirituality". I liked it anyway.

Spirituality an Important Component of Patient Care
An Expert Interview With Christina M. Puchalski, MD

March 2, 2011 — Editor's note: Until recent years, spirituality has been an oft-overlooked element of patient care. Numerous studies have suggested that having a spiritual community is helpful to people coping with illness and recovering from surgery. A discussion of improving spiritual care was featured at the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine/Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association Annual Assembly, held February 16 to 19 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Medscape: How do you define spirituality?

Dr. Puchalski: Spirituality [refers to the way] people understand meaning and purpose in their lives. It can be affected by illness or loss, and it can be experienced in many ways — not just religion, but nature, arts, humanities, and rational thinking. Some say it is God, some say it is family, and some find it in nature. It's a very personal thing for people.

It's also important for physicians. Spirituality is about relationships. We talk about providing compassionate care. If you go into any hospital, it says its mission is to provide compassionate care. Compassion means you're present with another human being, and unless a physician knows what gives his life meaning, the source of the call to serve others, it is very hard to be compassionate. Our profession is really a spiritual profession...."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/738237?sssdmh=dm1.670098&src=nldne

Mike
Compassion means you're present with another human being,"

That was very beautiful. I never thought it said that way before, thank you that's very cool.
I am guilty of just skimming these posts too.  Sometimes a person can use a lot of word to get to one small point.  My husband has tried all kinds of alternative cures with me.  He doesnt believe that doctors really try to cure ppl but just want them to stay sick for financial gain. I disagree.  So we have had these discussions many times.  I did try silver which he said will cure anything.  When I had my last doctors visit, nothing had changed at all.  I do feel that he spends a lot of money on snake oil. But I am just one case. You can base your decisions on just one person.  Im just saying that I am very skeptical about the "natural" cures.  BTW one really good thing about prayer is that it is free and it can be added to any other tx that you choose.  I personally believe that it at least can help with the emotional and mental problems with this illness.  But I am a Christian and the wife of a Minister.
BTW when I said  "Sometimes a person can use a lot of word to get to one small point.", I was not referring to anyone in particular.  So those who have been accused of that on this thread, please dont be offended.  Its actually more like I have a small attention span sometimes. (see my other posts re: brain fog and fatigue)  I dont come here very often, but when I do I read a lot of posts that I dont comment on because the person has already received some very good advice.  But the point is that I want to give and receive support here.  And I come here to get good information which is what I think that this thread is about.  We need good information to really deal with this illness.
If you want to protect new people, perhaps you can take the time and patience to educate them"

I have not spent the last six years in here badgering on a constant basis to get the last word like someone everyone can see in particular however; I think it's safe to say that those of us who do post to help educate and protect new people just got a pretty good jolly out of that one. Too bad you can't see how absurd that statement is.

Thanks for that it was a good one.
This thread needs a Ref !!!  I am exhausted just trying to read it.

In short, and though I am often hard on the medical establishment for what they are not paying much attention to  (eg.  side effects, long term after effects, patient feedback, etc.), I nonetheless DO believe we have the most advanced and ethical scientific and medical community in the world.  If alternative therapies really worked, we would all know it, and they would be in use and under investigation.  For goodness sake, the HCV researchers have even tried including milk thistle, and other folk remedies in their studies, to see what impact it has.  They published an article recently about the beneficial effects of coffee to therapy.

No, I don't think we are being lied to, or that these other "miracle" cure, alternative therapies are being overlooked or shunned by our medical scientific community.  If there was even a minute amount of evidence that any of them actually worked, we would see double blind studies on them, and lots of scientific community interest.

There....I said all that without even calling one poster on this thread out for inanity, or other irritating behaviors.  These days I am in and out like Muhammed Ali.......I remember the old days here, debating for hours over every little issue.  Hey...good luck to all of you...and my advice....follow and believe the scientific studies the HCV research community and medical establishment publishes.  They are rigorous, knowledgable, and real  (as in not-quack) scientists.  The new drug combos, with inhibitor class additions, will advance the cause of curing HCV.  It is getting better!!

Hi Mike Simon!!  Good to still see you here.  Always enjoy your commentaries.  Don't let it all get under your skin.  I used to do that...and there is no way to come away from it feeling anything but frustrated, or angry.  Hey, some people just think differently...not much we can do there.

Regards to all

DoubleDose
Mike - no quibble on the power or usefulness of prayer.  You have my mea culpa and I'll leave it at that.

nygirl - you have a remarkable way of coming up with fantastic interpretations of words that have little or nothing to do with what was intended.  I've been around here a long time also and I don't think anyone who has been reading my (long) posts over those years .. or anyone reading this thread for that matter ... has any question what my point of view is towards treatment or the place for alternatives in the absence of the ability to do treatment, regardless of your spin on it.  

As for your accusation I participate in this forum only because I love to argue and that I need to get the last word in....that's getting tired.  You need to come up with something new.  I'm quite confident you can.
Over and out, folks.  I've nothing to add beyond what I've already said and I apologize for my part in this thread deteriorating into the abyss of uselessness.

Trish
Can you tell me where you went? I'm looking into trying this as my body can't take interferon...have been waiting for it to become available in the uk, and am open to trying it if I can get the money together.
Save your money this stuff is not real.
If your body can't take interferon, you should try looking into the new oral trials without interferon.

My friend across the country phoned one day excited about ozone therapy. Someone he knew did it for 3 months their viral load dropped.
What he didn't know is viral loads fluctuate anyway.
What good is any treatment that doesn't get rid of all of the virus?
As far as I know, Ozone Therapy only temporarily reduces viral load. A lot of money for a brief respite only. I would recommend following up on Orphaned Hawk's idea to try and get into one of the trials for the new all oral treatments. Read the threads here about trials and which drugs are proving most effective with least side effects.
Right On Brother!!!
  I found out less than a year ago, that I have Hep C. Got it from a blood transfusion in 1990. The Ozone Therapy interests me more than anything I've read so far. I've been doing the MMS thing, but, I'm wanting to do Ozone. I don't know how, I WANT to know how. I want to do whatever I can do by myself. As cheaply as I can too. But, successfully! I hope to find out, maybe from this forum..........
thanks!
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread. It might be a good idea to start a new thread if you want more people to read your posts and give you some feedback.

That said, I don't think many on this forum will back any type of alternative "treatment" for Hep C. The only thing that has been shown to be effective against chronic Hep C in terms of actually eradicating the virus, is the established medical treatments (Soc and now Triple Med Therapy). There are some promising new drugs in trials but right now the approved and available treatments are SOC (Interferon and Riba) OR Triple Med Therapy (Interferon, Riba, and either Incivek or Victrellis). The other possibility is to get into one of the trials.

If you have questions please start a new thread and people will respond.

I would not start a new ozone thread when you can read all about it on this one.

But please feel free to ask any new HCV questions you might have and read the forum about the real ' cures ' available.
because people can not afford the ozone treatment ...the goverment wants people to go threw the other  treatment because they are making money...they are the FDA

My sister is going threw the treatment and is repairing her liver from the hep c. virus and her viral load is down to zero from 6 million YES IT DOES WORK
Micheal
the treatment is working for my sister I see alot of post that are negative how many people here are doctors?
We aren't doctors but some of us have been involved with hep C for a long time.
Many of us have heard of, or fallen for scams because we didn't want to do interferon treatment.
If you're looking for something better than interferon to cure hep C, I suggest you research the new oral meds currently in trial.
Bill is very knowledgeble and one of the calmer, more compassionate members of this forum.

And who are you ?
I know of the interferon treatment and How its damaged people. My uncle went through the treatment and had a heart attack. My friend Mary almost lost her eye sight from it. Interferon is a give and take treatment its only for the people that can tolorate the harsh treatment.
By the way there is a new treatment coming out without the interferon in a couple of years.
I also want to say my Aunt Connie had hep and die of old age and she had it since she was 19 and and die of a good ripe old age of 89.
Micheal
There are no doctors here,however most of us have done an inordinate amount of research on HCV and it's therapies.

My post above from JAN .25th /2011 to Diva 57 said all I needed to know about Ozone therapy.

However if there have been any peer-reviewed studies or articles done or written in the meantime ,would you please copy and post for the group to look over..
Thank you..
Will
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAEXn8RJFs
Hmmm, seems to be a pattern of those coming here to promote alternative therapies with absolutely no studies to back it up who are trying to scare people about the use of interferon.  They join just to make a few posts on a Sunday, then go away.  They probably come back under a different name.  Wonder if the mods can see if they might be coming from the same computer.   I am not a doctor and this is just my anecdotal opinion.  
Yes people should inform themselves and not just dive into these treatments.
Yes people are entitled to choose any treatment that they feel that it would work for them.
Yes people should not force other people to do the same treatment as they choose Nor put down treatments.
Yes I will do that Will.
As for Opehanedhawk you ask who I am
I am a disabled  vet that served 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan and lost my leg who are you Ophanedhawk. your not nice nor calm and I was repyling to Bil not you
orphanedhawk has given you probably the nicest, calmest answer you'll get on this subject. The false hope this type of quackery has engendered has probably killed as many patients as Iraq and Afghanistan combined.
Thank you for your service, though, That much is appreciated.
I'm not Bill though unless I'm mistaken he's not around today.
Last I heard he was out of state. His last post on this thread was in March.

I am defensive of people wasting time chasing after unproven treatments because I did that, delayed treatment and landed up with a transplant. If my bluntness sounds not nice to you, so be it.

Rather than asking who you are, what I should have asked is what is your background in dealing with hep c ?

I tend to be skeptical of people who show up on this forum, posting once or twice with complaints.

BTW: This is an open forum. If you want to send a private message to an individual, you can.

I amazes me that so many miracles are available, yet the government, businesses, doctors, journalists, and others manage to keep it a secret. Remind me to send in for my $50 monthly check from the Conspiracy Consortium for my share of the profits made this month by me keeping my mouth shut about this deception that is costing thousands of lives each year. I hear that all of the doctors make an extra $1,000 for their part. But I guess that is cheap compared to the billions we are making by keeping folks away from "ozone cures" and "juice cures" and ...

Also, while we're at it, someone needs to expose the conspiracy by the oil companies that is preventing a simple magnet from reaching the market that, when attached to your fuel tank or fuel line of your car, will instantly double the gas mileage. Those oil companies must really be worried that we'll all find out and halve their oil sales.

I, for one, am tired of being duped by the man. Occam was a fool!

(My comment above should display in the Sarcasm Font. If your PC does not recognize this font, it is probably because TimesRoman, Courier, and SansSerif are blocking it to keep their monopoly on the Font Market)

I hear that all of the doctors make an extra $1,000 for their part.
======================================

The last post was 90-100% sarcastic, but does anyone remember that doctors prescribing interferon were doing that very thing?  Of course, some were reimbursed well over a *mere* 1000 dollars.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/27/business/27DRUG.final.html?pagewanted=all

"As Doctor Writes Prescription, Drug Company Writes a Check
Published: June 27, 2004

The check for $10,000 arrived in the mail unsolicited. The doctor who received it from the drug maker Schering-Plough said it was made out to him personally in exchange for an attached "consulting" agreement that required nothing other than his commitment to prescribe the company's medicines. Two other physicians said in separate interviews that they, too, received checks unbidden from Schering-Plough, one of the world's biggest drug companies. "
(visit the link for the rest of the article-willy)

Wow, great article, a lot of food for thought.

"Industry experts say the federal inquiries into Schering-Plough and the other drug giants have led some companies to adopt significant changes in the way they peddle drugs to doctors."

I wonder how they do it in 2012? I would assume more carefully and with no blatant paper trail.

(Not a blanket indictment of big pharm, just food for thought)
I guess there is some truth to that as you pointed out. I can't disagree. Corruption is found in all aspects of enterprise. My point is that the vast conspiracy that so many keep using as a reason that their "miracle cure" is not recognized by science/medicine are more than a little improbable. A simple application of the "razor" of Occam helps put things in perspective.

On the one hand we have the liklihood that these touted miracle cures have somehow remained in darkness becauae of a vast conspiracy to keep profits in the medical profession. This requires the complicity of millions of people in health care and in the government to somehow keep this from the press.

On the other hand, we have the postulation that these miracle cures really do not work and just bilk money from the uninformed and enrich the provider.

There are some precedents for either case, but surely the simpler explanation in the correct one.

Your point reminds me of a movie I saw "Love and Other Drugs" with Jake Gyllenhal. There is certainly corruption in the system, but we should be careful not to let our fears be exploited by hucksters.

Thanks,
Brent

P.S. Been a while, sorry.
You'll notice that I in no way addressed whether the treatment in question worked.  : )

I believe that there are several therapies/technologies which are approved in places other than in the United States.  That fact that they are not here, where there are perhaps the toughest standards is not rigorous proof that they do no work, or.......don't *kinda* work.  : )

The absence of evidence is not evidence of the absence.  : )

Milk thistle (either in pill form or IV infusion) is used in Europe, Fibroscans have been used for quite some time and still are not approved here and I believe some of these processes/technologies of treating the blood are used; perhaps, Ultraviolet light treatments of the blood, ozone treatments, filters....... I don't know the effectiveness of them, but I have seen some evidence that that may be partially effective.

I think the issue is that since they only treat the blood, and that HCV RNA may reside in tissue, that even if the blood is cleared 100%, that the virus present in the tissue will cause reinfection; virtually impossible to achieve SVR.

It is a different question as to whether any of these processes could be used to get a large viral load drop, and then commence any form of HCV treatment.  Surely, if one stated TX with a viral load of zero, then the treatment would have a very good leg up on the remaining virus.

As it stands......we are not likely to see such a trial, since it would mean that far less drugs would be required; profits would be diminished.

Even as we speak right now, the best in class treatment may be 2 antivirals, but one of them GS-7977 is being held from continued collaboration.  It appears that Gilead does not want to cure people with the fastest route to FDA approval.  Instead, they are trying to rush their own  drug replacement and essentially having to reduplicate some of what had already been proven with a Bristol Myers drug.

My point remains that simply because a drug or treatment is not approved in the USA it is not clear proof that these cannot exist.  Is it possible that a like treatment of some IV treatment.....either ozone or irradiating the blood could be used to lower viral load and then expose it to SOC?  It would not surprise me if the virus could be treated even with older existing technologies.  IV milk thistle has been used to lower and clear a percentage of viral breakthroughs in patients treating with SOC in Europe.

Does that mean it is going to happen here?  LOL; I doubt it.  : )

If it was discovered that eating mud cured HCV,  the process would never gain FDA approval in the united states; no one would pay for a trial.  If the government itself paid for the trial we could all eat mud in 7 years, give or take.  : )

willy
Yes, it's a complicated issue with the expenses of bringing a new drug to market with FDA approval. I am not surprised that there are many homeopathic treatments that are beneficial. I drink a lot of green tea because studies have shown a correlation between consumption and liver health.

I get a little heated up when people claim that these so-called remedies can cure HCV or attain SVR in an HCV patient (remember MAtt the juicer?). Absence of evidence is just that. :)

It is interesting what you say about the viral remains letf in some tissues. It has had a lot of discussion on this forum in the past.  I am not sure that this is of any significance if it does not lead to a viral breakthrough. Evidence is that if a patient is UND for more than 6 months after EOT, then they continue to be so for good. I will be happy when I achieve this SVR and will consider it a cure in any meaningful sense of the word.

Anyway, thanks for your intelligent comments.

Best regards,
Brent

P.S. Loved the caffeine curve!! LOL!

Willy,
Very interesting and insightful information. I wish I had been aware of these homeopathic tx's that appear to be effective in lowering viral load, I would have looked into them during all the years I was waiting for my time to start SOC. Which made me wonder, is there a correlation between starting VL and SVR? Maybe that's a known for most, but it isn't for me. I'm assuming there is a better chance of SVR with a lower VL given your remark about starting at 0?
My other question is whether or not taking oral milk thistle has ever been shown to be effective to any degree, or is it just the IV?
Thanks,
FFH
there a correlation between starting VL and SVR? Maybe that's a known for most, but it isn't for me. I'm assuming there is a better chance of SVR with a lower VL given your remark about starting at 0?
------------------------------

With the advent of the new DAA's the amont of baseline VL is not near as important to SVR as it was with just the old SOC  (Peg Riba) ,   however I believe you are doing just Peg/ Riba within a trial so there would be some significance.

Good luck ..
Will
My thinking is that starting with a low viral load probably only has a positive predictive value for SVR if it it is something your body has achieved on its own. (Like the 'European protocol' that allows geno 1s to treat for 24 weeks with just Peg/riba if they meet certain conditions.)
This is similar to the mindset that was popular 6 years ago on this site, where people thought that by subjecting themselves to toxicly high doses of Peg/riba and becoming 'artificial undies', they could then go back and apply the statistics based on normal dosages to predict their responses.
You can't have it both ways.
I am unaware of the relationship with starting viral load.  Common thought was that it would take more time to eliminate a higher viral load than a low, but that would be also assuming the same immune response, of which we have greatly differing responses.  

And so my unscientific observation is that some people with high viral loads sometimes rapidly respond, some with low viral loads may not.

I think it is also useful to clarify that we are talking about starting viral load where you start at some sort of equalibrium w/ your immune response. (or contrasted with a 4 week SOC lead in as with Victrellis before adding the PI)

My point, which was speculative was that various other methods of viral reduction might be used in conjunction with, for instance w/SOC.

If it were true that you could "clear" using one of these methods (safely also being a caveat) then SOC for a reduced time might be possible, or triple therapy for 12 weeks; you get the idea.

I believe the IV milk thistle served as a polymerase inhibitor; it just made me think that if used with current triple therapy it would in effect become quad therapy.  
The idea generally, if that the more pathways that get blocked in reproduction the more effective the blocking.  It may be that some of these other blood treatments may be more like pathogens such as by oxidation, which might mean something that would not produce resistant mutations, thereby perhaps working synergistically with the other forms of TX.
(and the same reason that adding IV milk thistle infusions to a TX w/ a polymerase inhibitor might just be redundant and add little or nothing)

willy
All of the recent information that I have read indicates that initial viral load is not a very good predictor of SVR. Much more important are genotype, genetics, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance (related to ms) and initial response to treatment.

On the other hand, something that reduces viral load can't be all bad :-)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21417811

There are some positive results with ozone therapy, no one is claiming a cure.
Prior to waiting to be eligible for my second last tx, I got hold of an ozone machine and met a man who was successfully using it.   He believed the ozone tx had kept him alive, lowered his viral load and normalised his ALT's (it hadn't eradicated the virus but had stopped the damage), and the transplant team were continuing to monitor him;  his prognosis for transplant was not great.   The naturopath I saw was also involved in giving IV ozone, but both of us were too scared to go there.  It is very dangerous stuff and while I endorsed the theory, the machine bubbling away in my back room was a bit beyond me.  

Long story short, the anal and vaginal insuffilations took some time daily to complete and the ozone was being 'made' on the spot.  One had to be very careful to put everything together without breathing ozone direct, which I unwittingly did.  I ended up in hospital hyperventilating with 100% oxygen in my blood and with my lungs having trouble with the carbondioxide mix;  I was lucky I didn't do permanent lung damage...... and ended up too scared to use the machine again.   My ALT/AST's which were just hovering above normal shot up three-fold because of my error.

The gent's brother chose to do the normal tx rather than the ozone and managed to gain SVR, but I can understand those unable or not qualifying for tx to be drooling over being able to get hold of this type of tx.  It's great to see there is research being done (thanks il_editore) under medical supervision.   (the doctor at the ER was intrigued with me trying it myself :-(!) - I was lucky a European Dr was there, and knew what to do with me - the nurse was gobsmacked).
Because they are not researchers and readers they blindly follow the allopathic MD's and Big Pharma
If you would do your own research and reading you would not have to be
asking this question of someone else
98% of Americans are Sheep!
baa baa baa

Thank goodness for allopathic MD's and big pharma!
LOL
Hey bill   smarten up!!  you there bill...

.bueller           ...bueller
Each to their own view, but for the sake of speaking my own truth here about my experiences with using ozone therapy to treatment my end stage HCV, which my primary doctor told me that 6 mos. or less to live, and that I should get my affairs in order and I was considered untreatable, advanced into the late 4th stage..I was very weak back then in the spring of 2009..in a wheel chair type of sick...   So what was I too do.. just roll over and give up?  
Here's what I did, I got busy doing research, when I came to mms..miracles mineral solution... did 8 doses of that every day for about 3 months, felt better overall and got much of my energy back, and it did help bring down my high ALT counts, but it just wasn't the ticket I was hoping for to hammer down the virus altogether... then I came across ozone, managed to get together the bucks and got my own equipment & supplies, for the Russian IV protocol using 60 ug/ml ozone Saline drip in a 500 ml. bubblier, with an IV drip rate of 60 drips per min.  Had a nurse friend that would come over 2, sometimes 3 times per wk. to hook me up for the ozone treatments..  
  It was slow going at first, changes were gradual with each treatment, as I had to set a cycle for myself in-between treatments to clear out massive toxins, from all the virals that the ozone was killing, Wheatgrass tablets helped the best as a blood cleanser and purifier..
  About 2 to 3 weeks into my ozone treatments I noticed the increasing energy and sense of being normal again.. and after a full month, I went to have a complete CDC blood test done, AST and ALT were the low end of Normal, not elevated at all...
  My second month I bought a bicycle and started going for a ride after each treatment, then my wife got a bike too so we could both go cycling around... I not only felt my old self back, but felt 30 years younger..
  My 3 month taking ozone 2 to 3 times a wk. not only did I gain 25 lbs back, but I was experiencing more energy than I had for a very long time...sure didn't feel like I was in my 60's at all...so I jumped in and built a large green house to grow our own veggies in..
  After I had over 70 treatments I stopped taking ozone treatments all together... as I was convinced that I no longer had the big deadly C anymore...
  Sorry to say... I should have confirmed it with getting an RNA test done for viral loads & antibody test to separate the active/inactive virus before stopping totally...  I was still going well 6 months after I'd stopped, but about a year later, I knew that I just didn't have the zest of energy that I had before...that's when I went for an RNA test...and sure enough, my viral loads had come back and was just over 1 million at that time...meanwhile my nurse friend had retired and moved..
  Here it is another year.. late October of 2012, and I am finally getting back to taking ozone treatments again..  Over the last 2 years, I've learned that the ideal treatment with ozone/saline treatment, is to do one IV treatment per day for the first 2 wks and add an ozone anal treatment to help reinforce the initial clean out of the virus, then drop back to 3 to 4 treatments per wk., still reinforcing with an addition daily anal dose of ozone over the next 90 days or until the RNA confirms that their is no positive virals let that are active..  Geno types that are not 1a normally are cleared before the 90 period, and approx. 80% of the case studies of 1a patients are cleared within the 90 day period too.. some may take up to 6 months or longer to become cleared with severe 4th stage HCV in the 1a  category...
   I'm just quoting what I've read about the case studies that has been done with this protocol.... so factually, I can only say what I've experienced personally with using the Russian protocol to treat my own so called "late 4th stage Hep C".  
   Don't expect over night easy or quick recovery, even with ozone, it does take devotion and "work" to rebuilt and recover from years of abuse to the body..  along with true life changes...such as diet, eating "Living energy" instead of dead foods..  
  As I said, each to their own thoughts and views....I'm just sharing my personal experiences here.  God bless and Good health to all..  
"and after a full month, I went to have a complete CDC blood test done, AST and ALT were the low end of Normal, not elevated at all... "

Interesting that your AST & ALT would have been elevated at all having decompensated cirrhosis and basically on your death bed.  Were you experiencing symptoms of ESLD?  Hepatic encephalopathy, variceal bleeding, swollen abdomen, hypersplenism, ademia?  Also, either you have the virus or you don't and the terms active or inactive do not apply.  Without a detectable viral load there is no virus to attack the liver but once the virus returns which it will do if it not completely eradicated the liver will come under attack again, regardless of how high or low the viral load.

Appreciate you sharing your experience but I find ozone treatment too far fetched and a dangerous under taking, particularly for those who have cirrhosis.  It does not cure HCV and let's say for sake of arguement it does stave off HCV, at some point the virus will return and it's going to get you, one way or the other.
The description of your experience was very similar to the man I hired the ozone machine from.  He was unable to treat and was on the transplant list.  The transplant team monitored his bloods, knowing that he was using ozone, and while he didn't get rid of the virus, like you the damage to his liver slowed, his alt/ast's normalised and he was able to function well again.  It was a very time consuming process; although he said; after the initial 5 months of daily insuffilations he was able to do it less regularly to maintain.  

I was unable to get conventional tx at the time (relapsed once and was not treatment naive), which is why I tried it.    

I wasn't given good instructions on how to use it, and after a quick one hour instruction had this bubbling machine in my back room.  I tried, and did feel better, but it is dangerous in the wrong hands, and my inexperienced hands should not have tried it by myself.

It was interesting that the European doctor (when I was admitted to hospital overnight after breathing in ozone), did not treat me like a complete idiot.  My oxgyen levels were 98% and my CO2/O2 balance in my lungs had been compromised from the direct ozone.  The.nurse didn't know how to stop me hyperventilating and cramping - strangely low dose oxygen calmed me down.   The doctor knew of the talk of trials being done in Europe  and knew enough of what 'raw ozone' could to to my lungs to treat me.  That was in 2007.   A quick google search shows there have been trials done since then, although in such early days, I suspect the newer non-interferon drugs will hit the general market prior to ozone being universally embraced.  AAnd here's hoping those drugs can be given to all HCV patients, regardless of advanced liver damage.

My naturopath here offered injectable ozone and had a registered nurse give the treatment, but I was simply to scared to have it injected.   My liver was 'early cirrhosis' and I did eventually get the opportunity to successfuly treat with interferon..  

I'd hate anyone to have the experience I did with Ozone, but I applaud those who, with little other choices, put so much research and effort to maintain or hopefully rid themselves of HVC in whatever way possible, for themselves and their families.   I wish you well!!
I have also found and read studies that support the dangers of ozone therapy, which I also support - it and can be extremely dangerous.  I gave up on it, despite being not eligible for tx.   But, each to their own; interferon can kill too.

It saddens me that sometimes on this site posters who are just trying to stay alive get slammed in brutal and personal ways, when they're already ill, and maybe do not have the same choices and medical care as others.  

I just hope some of the rudeness is the same riba-rave-produced rambles that we do often have to forgive each other for.  
interferon can kill too.
-----------------------------------------------

Some members  currently treating with or waiting to treat with Interferon may read this  "broad based blanket statement and  worry or hesitate to treat because of such
..
Could you please post the data and all clinically exposed circumstances where this definitively occurred for members perusal

Thanks...

Will
Clinical data.  Clinical. interferon did not kill me in fact is killed the virus quiet efficiently. but no I wouldn't believe this nonesense ozone stuff worked in a million years.
I friend tried to interest me in this therapy before I began treatment. I have a pretty open mind and may have tried it out of desperation. However, everything I read about it indicated that though it initially killed the virus, the virus always returned shortly after. What's the point?
I am sympathetic to people who don't want to use interferon even though it is successful for many people. I believe it will become less and less of an issue as the new orals move in to replace the standard treatments.
Geez, what will we argue about then?   :-)
To quote a wise person baa baaa baaa.

And also bueller...bueller....................

Please new people do NOT buy into this stuff. Really. If it was that easy do you NOT think the rest of us would not have done it? a few people trying to sell you on an idea over 100000s of us telling the truth?

Go big pharma, thank you for saving my life.
I am sure we will find something :)
Ozone therapy works wonders. If not in clinical trials then at least in the mind of the true believer.

My father had cancer but died before the ozone could cure him. He bought an ozone device and used it every day. He said it was working. He also took colloidal silver and  placed selenite and fluorite crystals  into a pouch and wore it over his cancer (intestinal). Oh, and he wore an ionized bracelet, just to be sure. The doctors told him he was incurable, he sure showed them!

Ozone therapy devices sell for lots of money, we were able to sell ours (after my father died from cancer) to a local health spa owner for half of what we paid for it!  There seems to be plenty of people who swear by these sort of  things so the spa owner got a real great deal.

Yes, dad sure showed them. And he died of cancer.

I'm in favor of anything that makes people feel better. However after watching a friend spend thousands on ways to cure her incurable cancer, I don't think it's wise to suggest things like colloidal silver and ozone therapy to desperate people when there is a cure, for many, difficult as it may be.
I don't think it's wise to suggest things like colloidal silver and ozone
therapy to desperate people when there is a cure, for many, difficult
as it may be.
___________________________________________

.......... and OH... very well said.
thanks :)
I think some may have misread my intention in my post.  It was meant to highlight the futility of trying to persuade those who are inclined to believe these sorts of cures that they are, in fact,  a waste of time and money. Time and money that could probably be put to better use.  The best this sort of therapy can do is give hope to those who need it, if only temporarily.

What is it called when you say one thing but really mean the other, sarcasm??  

Sometimes online it's so hard to know when someone is serious and when they are being sarcastic.
Thanks for clarifying:)
new oral drugs are availbale with 90% cure rate lats all hape to get it very soon i
Do we have a reincarnation???
possible, one never knows
pro
As can-do and Proactive mentioned, this is an old thread that has run its course.  We'll close it now, but if you'd like to post a question or start a new topic, please feel free to do so by clicking the big "Post a Question" button at the top of the forum page.  Thanks!

Claire

________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE