IV ozone therapy Hepatitis C 100% effective in irradicating for good?
Hepatitis C - IV ozone therapy over 6 treatments 100% effective in irradicating for good?
As far as I know, Ozone Therapy only temporarily reduces viral load. A lot of money for a brief respite only. I would recommend following up on Orphaned Hawk's idea to try and get into one of the trials for the new all oral treatments. Read the threads here about trials and which drugs are proving most effective with least side effects.
Right On Brother!!!
  I found out less than a year ago, that I have Hep C. Got it from a blood transfusion in 1990. The Ozone Therapy interests me more than anything I've read so far. I've been doing the MMS thing, but, I'm wanting to do Ozone. I don't know how, I WANT to know how. I want to do whatever I can do by myself. As cheaply as I can too. But, successfully! I hope to find out, maybe from this forum..........
thanks!
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread. It might be a good idea to start a new thread if you want more people to read your posts and give you some feedback.

That said, I don't think many on this forum will back any type of alternative "treatment" for Hep C. The only thing that has been shown to be effective against chronic Hep C in terms of actually eradicating the virus, is the established medical treatments (Soc and now Triple Med Therapy). There are some promising new drugs in trials but right now the approved and available treatments are SOC (Interferon and Riba) OR Triple Med Therapy (Interferon, Riba, and either Incivek or Victrellis). The other possibility is to get into one of the trials.

If you have questions please start a new thread and people will respond.

I would not start a new ozone thread when you can read all about it on this one.

But please feel free to ask any new HCV questions you might have and read the forum about the real ' cures ' available.
because people can not afford the ozone treatment ...the goverment wants people to go threw the other  treatment because they are making money...they are the FDA

My sister is going threw the treatment and is repairing her liver from the hep c. virus and her viral load is down to zero from 6 million YES IT DOES WORK
Micheal
the treatment is working for my sister I see alot of post that are negative how many people here are doctors?
We aren't doctors but some of us have been involved with hep C for a long time.
Many of us have heard of, or fallen for scams because we didn't want to do interferon treatment.
If you're looking for something better than interferon to cure hep C, I suggest you research the new oral meds currently in trial.
Bill is very knowledgeble and one of the calmer, more compassionate members of this forum.

And who are you ?
I know of the interferon treatment and How its damaged people. My uncle went through the treatment and had a heart attack. My friend Mary almost lost her eye sight from it. Interferon is a give and take treatment its only for the people that can tolorate the harsh treatment.
By the way there is a new treatment coming out without the interferon in a couple of years.
I also want to say my Aunt Connie had hep and die of old age and she had it since she was 19 and and die of a good ripe old age of 89.
Micheal
There are no doctors here,however most of us have done an inordinate amount of research on HCV and it's therapies.

My post above from JAN .25th /2011 to Diva 57 said all I needed to know about Ozone therapy.

However if there have been any peer-reviewed studies or articles done or written in the meantime ,would you please copy and post for the group to look over..
Thank you..
Will
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAEXn8RJFs
Hmmm, seems to be a pattern of those coming here to promote alternative therapies with absolutely no studies to back it up who are trying to scare people about the use of interferon.  They join just to make a few posts on a Sunday, then go away.  They probably come back under a different name.  Wonder if the mods can see if they might be coming from the same computer.   I am not a doctor and this is just my anecdotal opinion.  
Yes people should inform themselves and not just dive into these treatments.
Yes people are entitled to choose any treatment that they feel that it would work for them.
Yes people should not force other people to do the same treatment as they choose Nor put down treatments.
Yes I will do that Will.
As for Opehanedhawk you ask who I am
I am a disabled  vet that served 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan and lost my leg who are you Ophanedhawk. your not nice nor calm and I was repyling to Bil not you
orphanedhawk has given you probably the nicest, calmest answer you'll get on this subject. The false hope this type of quackery has engendered has probably killed as many patients as Iraq and Afghanistan combined.
Thank you for your service, though, That much is appreciated.
I'm not Bill though unless I'm mistaken he's not around today.
Last I heard he was out of state. His last post on this thread was in March.

I am defensive of people wasting time chasing after unproven treatments because I did that, delayed treatment and landed up with a transplant. If my bluntness sounds not nice to you, so be it.

Rather than asking who you are, what I should have asked is what is your background in dealing with hep c ?

I tend to be skeptical of people who show up on this forum, posting once or twice with complaints.

BTW: This is an open forum. If you want to send a private message to an individual, you can.

I amazes me that so many miracles are available, yet the government, businesses, doctors, journalists, and others manage to keep it a secret. Remind me to send in for my $50 monthly check from the Conspiracy Consortium for my share of the profits made this month by me keeping my mouth shut about this deception that is costing thousands of lives each year. I hear that all of the doctors make an extra $1,000 for their part. But I guess that is cheap compared to the billions we are making by keeping folks away from "ozone cures" and "juice cures" and ...

Also, while we're at it, someone needs to expose the conspiracy by the oil companies that is preventing a simple magnet from reaching the market that, when attached to your fuel tank or fuel line of your car, will instantly double the gas mileage. Those oil companies must really be worried that we'll all find out and halve their oil sales.

I, for one, am tired of being duped by the man. Occam was a fool!

(My comment above should display in the Sarcasm Font. If your PC does not recognize this font, it is probably because TimesRoman, Courier, and SansSerif are blocking it to keep their monopoly on the Font Market)

I hear that all of the doctors make an extra $1,000 for their part.
======================================

The last post was 90-100% sarcastic, but does anyone remember that doctors prescribing interferon were doing that very thing?  Of course, some were reimbursed well over a *mere* 1000 dollars.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/27/business/27DRUG.final.html?pagewanted=all

"As Doctor Writes Prescription, Drug Company Writes a Check
Published: June 27, 2004

The check for $10,000 arrived in the mail unsolicited. The doctor who received it from the drug maker Schering-Plough said it was made out to him personally in exchange for an attached "consulting" agreement that required nothing other than his commitment to prescribe the company's medicines. Two other physicians said in separate interviews that they, too, received checks unbidden from Schering-Plough, one of the world's biggest drug companies. "
(visit the link for the rest of the article-willy)

Wow, great article, a lot of food for thought.

"Industry experts say the federal inquiries into Schering-Plough and the other drug giants have led some companies to adopt significant changes in the way they peddle drugs to doctors."

I wonder how they do it in 2012? I would assume more carefully and with no blatant paper trail.

(Not a blanket indictment of big pharm, just food for thought)
I guess there is some truth to that as you pointed out. I can't disagree. Corruption is found in all aspects of enterprise. My point is that the vast conspiracy that so many keep using as a reason that their "miracle cure" is not recognized by science/medicine are more than a little improbable. A simple application of the "razor" of Occam helps put things in perspective.

On the one hand we have the liklihood that these touted miracle cures have somehow remained in darkness becauae of a vast conspiracy to keep profits in the medical profession. This requires the complicity of millions of people in health care and in the government to somehow keep this from the press.

On the other hand, we have the postulation that these miracle cures really do not work and just bilk money from the uninformed and enrich the provider.

There are some precedents for either case, but surely the simpler explanation in the correct one.

Your point reminds me of a movie I saw "Love and Other Drugs" with Jake Gyllenhal. There is certainly corruption in the system, but we should be careful not to let our fears be exploited by hucksters.

Thanks,
Brent

P.S. Been a while, sorry.
You'll notice that I in no way addressed whether the treatment in question worked.  : )

I believe that there are several therapies/technologies which are approved in places other than in the United States.  That fact that they are not here, where there are perhaps the toughest standards is not rigorous proof that they do no work, or.......don't *kinda* work.  : )

The absence of evidence is not evidence of the absence.  : )

Milk thistle (either in pill form or IV infusion) is used in Europe, Fibroscans have been used for quite some time and still are not approved here and I believe some of these processes/technologies of treating the blood are used; perhaps, Ultraviolet light treatments of the blood, ozone treatments, filters....... I don't know the effectiveness of them, but I have seen some evidence that that may be partially effective.

I think the issue is that since they only treat the blood, and that HCV RNA may reside in tissue, that even if the blood is cleared 100%, that the virus present in the tissue will cause reinfection; virtually impossible to achieve SVR.

It is a different question as to whether any of these processes could be used to get a large viral load drop, and then commence any form of HCV treatment.  Surely, if one stated TX with a viral load of zero, then the treatment would have a very good leg up on the remaining virus.

As it stands......we are not likely to see such a trial, since it would mean that far less drugs would be required; profits would be diminished.

Even as we speak right now, the best in class treatment may be 2 antivirals, but one of them GS-7977 is being held from continued collaboration.  It appears that Gilead does not want to cure people with the fastest route to FDA approval.  Instead, they are trying to rush their own  drug replacement and essentially having to reduplicate some of what had already been proven with a Bristol Myers drug.

My point remains that simply because a drug or treatment is not approved in the USA it is not clear proof that these cannot exist.  Is it possible that a like treatment of some IV treatment.....either ozone or irradiating the blood could be used to lower viral load and then expose it to SOC?  It would not surprise me if the virus could be treated even with older existing technologies.  IV milk thistle has been used to lower and clear a percentage of viral breakthroughs in patients treating with SOC in Europe.

Does that mean it is going to happen here?  LOL; I doubt it.  : )

If it was discovered that eating mud cured HCV,  the process would never gain FDA approval in the united states; no one would pay for a trial.  If the government itself paid for the trial we could all eat mud in 7 years, give or take.  : )

willy
Yes, it's a complicated issue with the expenses of bringing a new drug to market with FDA approval. I am not surprised that there are many homeopathic treatments that are beneficial. I drink a lot of green tea because studies have shown a correlation between consumption and liver health.

I get a little heated up when people claim that these so-called remedies can cure HCV or attain SVR in an HCV patient (remember MAtt the juicer?). Absence of evidence is just that. :)

It is interesting what you say about the viral remains letf in some tissues. It has had a lot of discussion on this forum in the past.  I am not sure that this is of any significance if it does not lead to a viral breakthrough. Evidence is that if a patient is UND for more than 6 months after EOT, then they continue to be so for good. I will be happy when I achieve this SVR and will consider it a cure in any meaningful sense of the word.

Anyway, thanks for your intelligent comments.

Best regards,
Brent

P.S. Loved the caffeine curve!! LOL!

Willy,
Very interesting and insightful information. I wish I had been aware of these homeopathic tx's that appear to be effective in lowering viral load, I would have looked into them during all the years I was waiting for my time to start SOC. Which made me wonder, is there a correlation between starting VL and SVR? Maybe that's a known for most, but it isn't for me. I'm assuming there is a better chance of SVR with a lower VL given your remark about starting at 0?
My other question is whether or not taking oral milk thistle has ever been shown to be effective to any degree, or is it just the IV?
Thanks,
FFH
there a correlation between starting VL and SVR? Maybe that's a known for most, but it isn't for me. I'm assuming there is a better chance of SVR with a lower VL given your remark about starting at 0?
------------------------------

With the advent of the new DAA's the amont of baseline VL is not near as important to SVR as it was with just the old SOC  (Peg Riba) ,   however I believe you are doing just Peg/ Riba within a trial so there would be some significance.

Good luck ..
Will
My thinking is that starting with a low viral load probably only has a positive predictive value for SVR if it it is something your body has achieved on its own. (Like the 'European protocol' that allows geno 1s to treat for 24 weeks with just Peg/riba if they meet certain conditions.)
This is similar to the mindset that was popular 6 years ago on this site, where people thought that by subjecting themselves to toxicly high doses of Peg/riba and becoming 'artificial undies', they could then go back and apply the statistics based on normal dosages to predict their responses.
You can't have it both ways.
I am unaware of the relationship with starting viral load.  Common thought was that it would take more time to eliminate a higher viral load than a low, but that would be also assuming the same immune response, of which we have greatly differing responses.  

And so my unscientific observation is that some people with high viral loads sometimes rapidly respond, some with low viral loads may not.

I think it is also useful to clarify that we are talking about starting viral load where you start at some sort of equalibrium w/ your immune response. (or contrasted with a 4 week SOC lead in as with Victrellis before adding the PI)

My point, which was speculative was that various other methods of viral reduction might be used in conjunction with, for instance w/SOC.

If it were true that you could "clear" using one of these methods (safely also being a caveat) then SOC for a reduced time might be possible, or triple therapy for 12 weeks; you get the idea.

I believe the IV milk thistle served as a polymerase inhibitor; it just made me think that if used with current triple therapy it would in effect become quad therapy.  
The idea generally, if that the more pathways that get blocked in reproduction the more effective the blocking.  It may be that some of these other blood treatments may be more like pathogens such as by oxidation, which might mean something that would not produce resistant mutations, thereby perhaps working synergistically with the other forms of TX.
(and the same reason that adding IV milk thistle infusions to a TX w/ a polymerase inhibitor might just be redundant and add little or nothing)

willy
All of the recent information that I have read indicates that initial viral load is not a very good predictor of SVR. Much more important are genotype, genetics, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance (related to ms) and initial response to treatment.

On the other hand, something that reduces viral load can't be all bad :-)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21417811

There are some positive results with ozone therapy, no one is claiming a cure.
Prior to waiting to be eligible for my second last tx, I got hold of an ozone machine and met a man who was successfully using it.   He believed the ozone tx had kept him alive, lowered his viral load and normalised his ALT's (it hadn't eradicated the virus but had stopped the damage), and the transplant team were continuing to monitor him;  his prognosis for transplant was not great.   The naturopath I saw was also involved in giving IV ozone, but both of us were too scared to go there.  It is very dangerous stuff and while I endorsed the theory, the machine bubbling away in my back room was a bit beyond me.  

Long story short, the anal and vaginal insuffilations took some time daily to complete and the ozone was being 'made' on the spot.  One had to be very careful to put everything together without breathing ozone direct, which I unwittingly did.  I ended up in hospital hyperventilating with 100% oxygen in my blood and with my lungs having trouble with the carbondioxide mix;  I was lucky I didn't do permanent lung damage...... and ended up too scared to use the machine again.   My ALT/AST's which were just hovering above normal shot up three-fold because of my error.

The gent's brother chose to do the normal tx rather than the ozone and managed to gain SVR, but I can understand those unable or not qualifying for tx to be drooling over being able to get hold of this type of tx.  It's great to see there is research being done (thanks il_editore) under medical supervision.   (the doctor at the ER was intrigued with me trying it myself :-(!) - I was lucky a European Dr was there, and knew what to do with me - the nurse was gobsmacked).
Because they are not researchers and readers they blindly follow the allopathic MD's and Big Pharma
If you would do your own research and reading you would not have to be
asking this question of someone else
98% of Americans are Sheep!
baa baa baa

Thank goodness for allopathic MD's and big pharma!
LOL
Hey bill   smarten up!!  you there bill...

.bueller           ...bueller
Each to their own view, but for the sake of speaking my own truth here about my experiences with using ozone therapy to treatment my end stage HCV, which my primary doctor told me that 6 mos. or less to live, and that I should get my affairs in order and I was considered untreatable, advanced into the late 4th stage..I was very weak back then in the spring of 2009..in a wheel chair type of sick...   So what was I too do.. just roll over and give up?  
Here's what I did, I got busy doing research, when I came to mms..miracles mineral solution... did 8 doses of that every day for about 3 months, felt better overall and got much of my energy back, and it did help bring down my high ALT counts, but it just wasn't the ticket I was hoping for to hammer down the virus altogether... then I came across ozone, managed to get together the bucks and got my own equipment & supplies, for the Russian IV protocol using 60 ug/ml ozone Saline drip in a 500 ml. bubblier, with an IV drip rate of 60 drips per min.  Had a nurse friend that would come over 2, sometimes 3 times per wk. to hook me up for the ozone treatments..  
  It was slow going at first, changes were gradual with each treatment, as I had to set a cycle for myself in-between treatments to clear out massive toxins, from all the virals that the ozone was killing, Wheatgrass tablets helped the best as a blood cleanser and purifier..
  About 2 to 3 weeks into my ozone treatments I noticed the increasing energy and sense of being normal again.. and after a full month, I went to have a complete CDC blood test done, AST and ALT were the low end of Normal, not elevated at all...
  My second month I bought a bicycle and started going for a ride after each treatment, then my wife got a bike too so we could both go cycling around... I not only felt my old self back, but felt 30 years younger..
  My 3 month taking ozone 2 to 3 times a wk. not only did I gain 25 lbs back, but I was experiencing more energy than I had for a very long time...sure didn't feel like I was in my 60's at all...so I jumped in and built a large green house to grow our own veggies in..
  After I had over 70 treatments I stopped taking ozone treatments all together... as I was convinced that I no longer had the big deadly C anymore...
  Sorry to say... I should have confirmed it with getting an RNA test done for viral loads & antibody test to separate the active/inactive virus before stopping totally...  I was still going well 6 months after I'd stopped, but about a year later, I knew that I just didn't have the zest of energy that I had before...that's when I went for an RNA test...and sure enough, my viral loads had come back and was just over 1 million at that time...meanwhile my nurse friend had retired and moved..
  Here it is another year.. late October of 2012, and I am finally getting back to taking ozone treatments again..  Over the last 2 years, I've learned that the ideal treatment with ozone/saline treatment, is to do one IV treatment per day for the first 2 wks and add an ozone anal treatment to help reinforce the initial clean out of the virus, then drop back to 3 to 4 treatments per wk., still reinforcing with an addition daily anal dose of ozone over the next 90 days or until the RNA confirms that their is no positive virals let that are active..  Geno types that are not 1a normally are cleared before the 90 period, and approx. 80% of the case studies of 1a patients are cleared within the 90 day period too.. some may take up to 6 months or longer to become cleared with severe 4th stage HCV in the 1a  category...
   I'm just quoting what I've read about the case studies that has been done with this protocol.... so factually, I can only say what I've experienced personally with using the Russian protocol to treat my own so called "late 4th stage Hep C".  
   Don't expect over night easy or quick recovery, even with ozone, it does take devotion and "work" to rebuilt and recover from years of abuse to the body..  along with true life changes...such as diet, eating "Living energy" instead of dead foods..  
  As I said, each to their own thoughts and views....I'm just sharing my personal experiences here.  God bless and Good health to all..  
"and after a full month, I went to have a complete CDC blood test done, AST and ALT were the low end of Normal, not elevated at all... "

Interesting that your AST & ALT would have been elevated at all having decompensated cirrhosis and basically on your death bed.  Were you experiencing symptoms of ESLD?  Hepatic encephalopathy, variceal bleeding, swollen abdomen, hypersplenism, ademia?  Also, either you have the virus or you don't and the terms active or inactive do not apply.  Without a detectable viral load there is no virus to attack the liver but once the virus returns which it will do if it not completely eradicated the liver will come under attack again, regardless of how high or low the viral load.

Appreciate you sharing your experience but I find ozone treatment too far fetched and a dangerous under taking, particularly for those who have cirrhosis.  It does not cure HCV and let's say for sake of arguement it does stave off HCV, at some point the virus will return and it's going to get you, one way or the other.
The description of your experience was very similar to the man I hired the ozone machine from.  He was unable to treat and was on the transplant list.  The transplant team monitored his bloods, knowing that he was using ozone, and while he didn't get rid of the virus, like you the damage to his liver slowed, his alt/ast's normalised and he was able to function well again.  It was a very time consuming process; although he said; after the initial 5 months of daily insuffilations he was able to do it less regularly to maintain.  

I was unable to get conventional tx at the time (relapsed once and was not treatment naive), which is why I tried it.    

I wasn't given good instructions on how to use it, and after a quick one hour instruction had this bubbling machine in my back room.  I tried, and did feel better, but it is dangerous in the wrong hands, and my inexperienced hands should not have tried it by myself.

It was interesting that the European doctor (when I was admitted to hospital overnight after breathing in ozone), did not treat me like a complete idiot.  My oxgyen levels were 98% and my CO2/O2 balance in my lungs had been compromised from the direct ozone.  The.nurse didn't know how to stop me hyperventilating and cramping - strangely low dose oxygen calmed me down.   The doctor knew of the talk of trials being done in Europe  and knew enough of what 'raw ozone' could to to my lungs to treat me.  That was in 2007.   A quick google search shows there have been trials done since then, although in such early days, I suspect the newer non-interferon drugs will hit the general market prior to ozone being universally embraced.  AAnd here's hoping those drugs can be given to all HCV patients, regardless of advanced liver damage.

My naturopath here offered injectable ozone and had a registered nurse give the treatment, but I was simply to scared to have it injected.   My liver was 'early cirrhosis' and I did eventually get the opportunity to successfuly treat with interferon..  

I'd hate anyone to have the experience I did with Ozone, but I applaud those who, with little other choices, put so much research and effort to maintain or hopefully rid themselves of HVC in whatever way possible, for themselves and their families.   I wish you well!!
I have also found and read studies that support the dangers of ozone therapy, which I also support - it and can be extremely dangerous.  I gave up on it, despite being not eligible for tx.   But, each to their own; interferon can kill too.

It saddens me that sometimes on this site posters who are just trying to stay alive get slammed in brutal and personal ways, when they're already ill, and maybe do not have the same choices and medical care as others.  

I just hope some of the rudeness is the same riba-rave-produced rambles that we do often have to forgive each other for.  
interferon can kill too.
-----------------------------------------------

Some members  currently treating with or waiting to treat with Interferon may read this  "broad based blanket statement and  worry or hesitate to treat because of such
..
Could you please post the data and all clinically exposed circumstances where this definitively occurred for members perusal

Thanks...

Will
Clinical data.  Clinical. interferon did not kill me in fact is killed the virus quiet efficiently. but no I wouldn't believe this nonesense ozone stuff worked in a million years.
I friend tried to interest me in this therapy before I began treatment. I have a pretty open mind and may have tried it out of desperation. However, everything I read about it indicated that though it initially killed the virus, the virus always returned shortly after. What's the point?
I am sympathetic to people who don't want to use interferon even though it is successful for many people. I believe it will become less and less of an issue as the new orals move in to replace the standard treatments.
Geez, what will we argue about then?   :-)
To quote a wise person baa baaa baaa.

And also bueller...bueller....................

Please new people do NOT buy into this stuff. Really. If it was that easy do you NOT think the rest of us would not have done it? a few people trying to sell you on an idea over 100000s of us telling the truth?

Go big pharma, thank you for saving my life.
I am sure we will find something :)
Ozone therapy works wonders. If not in clinical trials then at least in the mind of the true believer.

My father had cancer but died before the ozone could cure him. He bought an ozone device and used it every day. He said it was working. He also took colloidal silver and  placed selenite and fluorite crystals  into a pouch and wore it over his cancer (intestinal). Oh, and he wore an ionized bracelet, just to be sure. The doctors told him he was incurable, he sure showed them!

Ozone therapy devices sell for lots of money, we were able to sell ours (after my father died from cancer) to a local health spa owner for half of what we paid for it!  There seems to be plenty of people who swear by these sort of  things so the spa owner got a real great deal.

Yes, dad sure showed them. And he died of cancer.

I'm in favor of anything that makes people feel better. However after watching a friend spend thousands on ways to cure her incurable cancer, I don't think it's wise to suggest things like colloidal silver and ozone therapy to desperate people when there is a cure, for many, difficult as it may be.
I don't think it's wise to suggest things like colloidal silver and ozone
therapy to desperate people when there is a cure, for many, difficult
as it may be.
___________________________________________

.......... and OH... very well said.
thanks :)
I think some may have misread my intention in my post.  It was meant to highlight the futility of trying to persuade those who are inclined to believe these sorts of cures that they are, in fact,  a waste of time and money. Time and money that could probably be put to better use.  The best this sort of therapy can do is give hope to those who need it, if only temporarily.

What is it called when you say one thing but really mean the other, sarcasm??  

Sometimes online it's so hard to know when someone is serious and when they are being sarcastic.
Thanks for clarifying:)
new oral drugs are availbale with 90% cure rate lats all hape to get it very soon i
Do we have a reincarnation???
possible, one never knows
pro
As can-do and Proactive mentioned, this is an old thread that has run its course.  We'll close it now, but if you'd like to post a question or start a new topic, please feel free to do so by clicking the big "Post a Question" button at the top of the forum page.  Thanks!

Claire

________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE